How to make the evil of others not destroy us?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

carolina

Sep 21, 2017
Buenos Aires
Faith
Christian
Country
Argentina
Hi everyone,i need help. How do you make the evil of others not destroy your self-esteem? For example at work, with people who mistreat you every day? A boss, co-workers."Justice, justice will persecute so that you can live and inherit the Earth" (Deuteronomy 16.20) (?). I'd appreciate your answers.

breathofdesire

Sep 12, 2017
Queensland
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi everyone,i need help. How do you make the evil of others not destroy your self-esteem? For example at work, with people who mistreat you every day? A boss, co-workers."Justice, justice will persecute so that you can live and inherit the Earth" (Deuteronomy 16.20) (?). I'd appreciate your answers.
Know that one day everyone will have to give account for their actions.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That is a difficult situation. Sorry to hear you are having to endure it. As a Christian, pray. Pray for and against those which are coming against you. God and Jesus Christ will hear and act on your prayer. Jesus knows in this world offences will come and He is concerned when they do.

(Luke 17:1) "It is impossible but that offences will come: but woe unto him , through whom they come!"

(2 Tim. 4:14) "Alexander the coppersmith did me much evil: the Lord reward him according to his works:"

Our self esteem is so affected by our work. So we naturally want to do the best we can at our work. But also, as a Christian, my self-esteem, my value, my self-worth, is secondary to me being a child of God. Sometimes we have to remind ourselves, I am not important because my boss says I am. Because that can change daily. I am important because I am important to God.

That said, sometimes the situations get to where you cannot endure them. I have endured a job for six months which was literally hell. And God got me through it. But it came to the point where it was no longer worth it. It was unbearable. So, I moved on, and God opened the door to another.

I pray and hope God will give you some relief.

Stranger