How To Receive The Bread Of Life

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Contrary to popular belief, John 6th chapter was never about communion.

John 6:28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

So He just told them that there is no work of God they can do, but to believe on Him Whom He hath sent.

Then they ask for a sign.

30 They said therefore unto him, What sign shewest thou then, that we may see, and believe thee? what dost thou work? 31 Our fathers did eat manna in the desert; as it is written, He gave them bread from heaven to eat.

This was their mentality as they were seeking a sign of manna from heaven to physically eat.

32 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven.33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

Jesus spoke for the bread of God, signifying this to be a Person which comes down to give life to the world.

34 Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread.

Then they had asked Jesus for this bread, ignoring that Jesus said "he" in signifying a Person that will come down from Heaven and give life to the world. Jesus said it again plainly that it was He and told them how to receive this bread of life.

35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

If Jesus was really talking about communion, then believers would only have to partake of communion once and that is it because they will never hunger nor thirst for that again.

So Jesus told them how to receive the bread of life by coming to and believing in Him. BUT after He told them that, He knew that they did not believe that is how to receive this bread of life by believing in Him.

36 But I said unto you, That ye also have seen me, and believe not.

Jesus repeats again after stating the Father's will for Him as the bread of life on how He will save them.

37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. 38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. 39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. 40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Then the Pharisees began to doubt Him as being this bread of life that came down from Heaven where the eating is not as the fathers had eaten manna and are dead but by believing in Him is how one receives this manna as He went on to speak of His crucifixion symbolically.

41 The Jews then murmured at him, because he said, I am the bread which came down from heaven. 42 And they said, Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? how is it then that he saith, I came down from heaven? 43 Jesus therefore answered and said unto them, Murmur not among yourselves. 44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day. 45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me. 46 Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father. 47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. 48 I am that bread of life. 49 Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead. 50 This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die. 51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

So when Jesus spoke to the Pharisees that were still in that mentality of "eating" this bread of life, Jesus spoke symbolically of His crucifixion to them as they refuse to believe in Him. I dare say, I wonder if it was done in sarcasm due to their mentality of eating this bread of life.

52 The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat? 53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. 54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. 56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him. 57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me. 58 This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever. 59 These things said he in the synagogue, as he taught in Capernaum.

So Jesus was never talking about communion on how to receive this bread of life, but about believing in Him in how one receives eternal life. This portion of scripture was said to the Jews that refused to believe in Him that still had that mentality of eating this bread of life as their fathers did eat manna, and are dead which is indicating that the bread of life is not received in the same way, but by believing in Him.

Then He addressed His disciples that were having a hard time with His sayings too, and so He spoke plainly to them about His ascension after His crucifixion if they would believe then. He also pointed out again that the flesh profit nothing, meaning the eating thereof profit nothing; it is His words that are life when they believe in His words and thus believing in Him for life.

60 Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it? 61 When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you? 62 What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before? 63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. 64 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.

So once again, Jesus points out how they did not receive the bread of life by NOT believing in Him. Of course, the salvation experience is not given until after His ascension.

65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father. 66 From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.

Sadly, many of His disciples walked with Him no more with Him. Then He faced the chosen of the twelve disciples remaining.

67 Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away? 68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life. 69 And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God. 70 Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil? 71 He spake of Judas Iscariot the son of Simon: for he it was that should betray him, being one of the twelve.

Jesus testified that Judas Iscariot was not a believer and would betray Him. This is why the two times that Jesus had given the Holy Spirit ( Matthew 10th chapter where Judas Iscariot was among them & the other in John 20:21 where Thomas was not among them, it was not the promised One for salvation because Jesus had not ascended yet to the Father from which the Father would send that promise to any and all those that believe in Him at Pentecost and beyond. It was at Pentecost was when His remaining disciples that believed in Him had been saved. They had received the bread of life at Pentecost.

John 7:38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Reactions: tabletalk

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Nice post, now if they wil isten. Only thing I must add is this

Joh_6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

It is when we Hear His words from Him that His words become life in us,

Joh_6:51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

Joh_7:38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

Believeing is only part of teh picture we must be His closest companion.

Joh 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
Joh 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Its always being about us and Him than made made religion.....

Reactions: JesusIsFaithful

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
yes you nearly had it but missed it as to why they walk no more with Him - have another look at what you wrote viz 'the bread that I will give is my flesh' and thus they walk no more with Him even now but with the beast[Jn 6:66] - twinc

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nice post, now if they wil isten. Only thing I must add is this

Joh_6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

It is when we Hear His words from Him that His words become life in us,

Joh_6:51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

Joh_7:38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

Believeing is only part of teh picture we must be His closest companion.

Joh 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
Joh 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Its always being about us and Him than made made religion.....

Yes... it is about us believing in Him as our Saviour that we are saved and us believing in Him as our Good Shepherd that He will help us to follow Him is why little children are free to come to Him.

It is the religious that have a hard time taking Jesus at His word to cease from their own works towards obtaining salvation and rest in Him that they are saved so they can tell the Good News of Jesus Christ to others so that when they hear the gospel and believe in him too, they become saved too.

Some Protestant church believes that Christ's Presence is in the bread and the wine which was carried over from catholicism and has not been pruned yet in according to our faith for there can be no receiving Jesus Christ again by way of communion.

2 Corinthians 11:1Would to God ye could bear with me a little in my folly: and indeed bear with me.2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

May our words in the performance of communion matches our faith in Jesus Christ because some Protestant churches even start communion with "We come into His Presence today " ... which is not in according to our faith in Jesus Christ since He is in us and is with us always. Either our words reflect our faith in Him or they are not. So let us say what we mean and not just gloss over those wordings when it denies Him of being in us always.

Having the Spirit of Christ in us means we have eternal life and we are saved.

Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.....14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes you nearly had it but missed it as to why they walk no more with Him - have another look at what you wrote viz 'the bread that I will give is my flesh' and thus they walk no more with Him even now but with the beast[Jn 6:66] - twinc

Hi brother,

Do consider that what Jesus said to the unbelieving Jews is not something to base doctrine on when He told them repeatedly that the bread of life was not done by physically eating bread, but by coming to & believing in Jesus Christ. After Jesus told them how to receive that bread of life, He told them why they did not receive that bread of life because they did not believe in Him.

John 6:0 They said therefore unto him, What sign shewest thou then, that we may see, and believe thee? what dost thou work?31 Our fathers did eat manna in the desert; as it is written, He gave them bread from heaven to eat.32 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven.33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.34 Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread.35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.36 But I said unto you, That ye also have seen me, and believe not.

So why take Jesus sarcastic response to the unbelieving Jews when they repeatedly refuse to believe in Him in receiving that bread of life?

Matthew 13:9 Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.12 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.16 But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.

Are you sure by the underlined portion of what Jesus said to the unbelieving Jews that you would want to ignore His words as the unbelieving Jews did so you can believe that what you are doing as a religious work in the Mass is what Jesus was talking about in John 6th chapter? Why would the church at Rome build doctrine on what Jesus said to the unbelieving Jews in sarcasm after refusing to believe Jesus at His word in how to receive the bread of life by coming to & believing in Him?

John 6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.36 But I said unto you, That ye also have seen me, and believe not.

If it was really about the Mass, then in according to His promise, you would only have to take it once to never hunger nor thirst any more after communion, and so it cannot be about communion nor the Mass, but about believing in Him once to be saved and that is why we never hunger nor thirst any more for we have been filled with the Spirit at our salvation.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Hi brother,

Do consider that what Jesus said to the unbelieving Jews is not something to base doctrine on when He told them repeatedly that the bread of life was not done by physically eating bread, but by coming to & believing in Jesus Christ. After Jesus told them how to receive that bread of life, He told them why they did not receive that bread of life because they did not believe in Him.

John 6:0 They said therefore unto him, What sign shewest thou then, that we may see, and believe thee? what dost thou work?31 Our fathers did eat manna in the desert; as it is written, He gave them bread from heaven to eat.32 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven.33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.34 Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread.35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.36 But I said unto you, That ye also have seen me, and believe not.

So why take Jesus sarcastic response to the unbelieving Jews when they repeatedly refuse to believe in Him in receiving that bread of life?

Matthew 13:9 Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.12 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.16 But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.

Are you sure by the underlined portion of what Jesus said to the unbelieving Jews that you would want to ignore His words as the unbelieving Jews did so you can believe that what you are doing as a religious work in the Mass is what Jesus was talking about in John 6th chapter? Why would the church at Rome build doctrine on what Jesus said to the unbelieving Jews in sarcasm after refusing to believe Jesus at His word in how to receive the bread of life by coming to & believing in Him?

John 6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.36 But I said unto you, That ye also have seen me, and believe not.

If it was really about the Mass, then in according to His promise, you would only have to take it once to never hunger nor thirst any more after communion, and so it cannot be about communion nor the Mass, but about believing in Him once to be saved and that is why we never hunger nor thirst any more for we have been filled with the Spirit at our salvation.

this is the big error and mistake applying to ourselves what does not apply to us and claiming special inspiration and guidance, not granted to others, for our mistaken and erroneous interpretations and conclusions and attributing this/these to the H/S as unforgiveable blasphemy - twinc

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
this is the big error and mistake applying to ourselves what does not apply to us and claiming special inspiration and guidance, not granted to others, for our mistaken and erroneous interpretations and conclusions and attributing this/these to the H/S as unforgiveable blasphemy - twinc

Act 10:44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
Act 10:45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.

I guess some just dont believe.

Act 11:15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning.
Act 11:16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.
Act 11:17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?

Are you going to argue with God, ? That you will loose.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
guess exactly who is arguing with God now as even over the centuries - outside the CHURCH there is no salvation but according to you there is - see Lk 10:16/Jn 13:20 = this does not apply to you or anyone else but to the Church that you say it does not apply to - btw neither does Matt 16:19/18:18 apply to you but to the Church that you say it does not apply to and you are choosing to be outside of where there is no salvation - it is noticed still no likes - twinc

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

On the contrary, I am applying what Jesus had actually said in how to receive the bread of life by coming to & believing in Him, and He was pointing out to the Jews why they did not receive that bread of life; they did not believe in Him. So I was applying His words to Him by what He had actually said in how to receive the bread of life by believing in Him.

Your church and you guys refuse to listen to Him as the Jews had done and you are still in that mentality of eating manna as the same way the Jews's fathers did and yet were dead. You are applying it to yourselves in what you do in receiving the bread of life by eating that bread & drinking that wine, and yet ignore the promise by Jesus that once received, you would never hunger nor thirst again, and thus if you really believe that Jesus was talking about communion/Mass, you are denying Him of that promise, and thus denying Him every time after that first time you had participated in the Mass.

The unforgivable sin is the only sin that the Holy Spirit will convict of; of sin for not believing in Him.

John 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

When the unbelieving Jews accused Jesus of having a demon and doing the work of the devil, that was the Jews striving to not believe in Him. That is the sin they are guilty of and that is the sin of unbelief that the Holy Spirit will convict them of.

You guys believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and that God raised Him from the dead, and that is why you are saved, and had been for quite some time now since you first believed, BUT you are labouring in unbelief if you think you NEED the Mass to make yourselves right with God or treat it as one of the things you have to do to obtain salvation when you are already saved and have the Holy Spirit in you as promised.

Catholics claim they are not crucifying Jesus Christ again in the Mass, but the catechism says that in the Mass, the one sacrifice at Calgary is being made present "again" to receive "again" and that is the almost the same thing when you are receiving that one sacrifice for sin "again" and "again" and "again".

That is like saying that His one time sacrifice for sin for YOU was not good enough and thus the RCC has reduced the blood of teh Son on par with the blood of goats and bulls wherein those sacrifices had to be repeated again to receive atonement again. God the Father will punish saved believers for doing that. Oh yes. He will. So repent now with His help to leave catholicism... today.

Hebrews 10:3 But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year.4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins....10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. 11 And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins: 12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God; 13 From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool. 14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.15 Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us:...

Having the Holy Ghost in you is proof that one offering by the Son has perfected you forever as sanctified; you have been bought with a price as your body is now the temple of the Holy Spirit.

1 Corinthians 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

God the Father will chasten and scourge every rebellious child of His for believing otherwise in making the blood of the Son on ar with the blood of goats and bulls that it needs to be repeated to receive again and again and again.

Hebrews 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

That one time offering for sin can only be received once, and with it comes the promise of the Holy Spirit; and to do otherwise is sin because there is no more offering for sin. The RCC makes that one time offering for sin present "again" to receive "again" and "again" and "again" , that is sin.

"1364 In the New Testament, the memorial takes on new meaning. When the Church celebrates the Eucharist, she commemorates Christ’s Passover, and it is made present: the sacrifice Christ offered once for all on the cross remains ever present.
185 “As often as the sacrifice of the Cross by which ‘Christ our Pasch has been sacrificed’ is celebrated on the altar, the work of our redemption is carried out.” ~ Catholic Catechism PG 343

Even here, it says that you are carrying out your work of redemption by taking that one time sacrifice for sin having been made present for you to receive again and again and again thus making the blood of the Son of God on par with the blood of goats & bulls. Repent now.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
i recently heard it said that the line between good and evil runs down the middle of each of us, and does not conform to our labels, regardless of our beliefs; which i thought was insightful.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
i recently heard it said that the line between good and evil runs down the middle of each of us, and does not conform to our labels, regardless of our beliefs; which i thought was insightful.

yes exactly so, so that when Jesus lifted up the bread and said this is my body some say He didn't know or mean what He was talking about -this is to know better than God and many do and walk no more with Him - twinc

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
yes exactly so, so that when Jesus lifted up the bread and said this is my body some say He didn't know or mean what He was talking about -this is to know better than God and many do and walk no more with Him - twinc

just because we do not understand how this could possibly be does not mean we are to doubt the very spoken words of God - science makes a point that the existence of matter as solid substance is a bluff and all things are either and or mental or spiritual - twinc

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The truth remains that Jesus told us how to receive the bread of life that comes down from Heaven in that once received, you will not hunger nor thirst for it again; so He was not talking about the bread & wine at communion, but believing in Him is how you receive the bread of life & thus eternal life.

If any wish to continue to not believe Him at His word and still thinks He is talking about communion, you do so in error as the Unbelieving Jews and he disciples that followed Him no more have done.