How to recognize = Legalism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
-
Lets define "legalism" as defined by Paul, as Webster is not using the NT as context.

"Legalism" is Galatians 1:8 ""there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. [8] But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let them be accursed. """"

Notice that Legalism, taught or preached, "perverts" the Gospel.
It subverts the Blood Atonement. It actually attacks the Cross, by denying Jesus full credit do HIM ALONE, for saving you and keeping you saved.
Legalism offends God, and that is why he curses the person and the message.

Legalism, is the teaching that "faith + works" is what saves you and keeps you saved.
And this "gospel" is a perversion of the truth.
This is the Devil's gospel. ITs what the Devil's worker will preach and teach on Forums and in Pulpits.
If you are listening to a person who is telling you that you can lose your salvation, or that you have to, by self effort of repenting or confessing, or commandment keeping, or any type of EFFORT YOU DO.... You are listening to a Legalist, and this is demonic.
Do not listen. Do not agree. Do not give places to these Dark Lights, or as Jude teaches, "contend" with them for the "real Fatih"< which is "justification by faith" = The GIFT of Righteousness"" "The GIFT of Salvation"...which is to understand that Jesus who saved you, will KEEP YOU SAVED... Philippians 1:6
Legalism, is actually a denial of the Lord's words..spoken from the Cross = "it is Finished"....meaning The Blood Atonement.....Salvation...is COMPLETED. John 3:16

Let me explain it more clearly....as many here are devout Legalists.

Galatians 1:8 is referring to a person (Legalist) who is preaching a cursed gospel that is a false blend of Jesus, the Cross, and their Works. (commandment keeping, enduring to the end, holding onto their faith.....etc, etc, etc.), as the "Gospel".
Legalism, a Legalist, will give lip service, = a false presentation of the Real Gospel.
And the way they always do it, is by adding commandment keeping, and lifestyle, and enduring, and abiding, and SELF EFFORT as a PART of the Blood Atonement.
In other words, the Legalist, who is usually not actually born again, but is very apt at speaking "christianese" and uses bible verses, and goes to different Christian fourms to annoy and create chaos......will always defend the LAW and 10 Commandments and SELF EFFORT as "necessary" to be saved, instead of giving FULL CREDIT DUE, to the One who died on the Cross, who HIMSELF is Grace and Salvation.
The Legalist will have faith in faith, but not faith in Christ.
They will tell you they are "holding onto their FAITH" to stay saved, which is to have faith in FAITH, and not Faith in Christ.
See it?

Here is how you spot a lying legalist on a Christian forum.
Its so easy.
THis is how they "sound".

"Yes, i know that Christ is the savior......BUT".....

"yes, i know that Jesus saves......BUT"....

See that "but"? That is the sign of the Legalist.
They can never EVER agree that Jesus and the Blood of Christ is ALL that God accepts to save you and keep you saved.
They can't agree with this, because they do not believe it.
They are SELF SAVORS..
Legalists. = Heretics. The Devil's workers.

A Legalist, will always add WORKS and commandments TO THE CROSS, and then they will all add LIFESTYLE, as well.., as this is how they are "working out their own salvation" = by SELF EFFORT to STAY SAVED.
The gospel of the legalist, is "faith + works". Its The Cross + SELF EFFORT.
The Gospel of God is "The Cross".

See their problem?
Its a BIG One., ,and it has a curse attached to it.

A legalist sounds like this when they teach or preach....>."""now we know that Jesus saves, but, you ALSO have to.do all this, and let me show you my LIST of Do's and don'ts", that is my savior.

See all that?
THAT IS Galatians 1:8
THat is "cursed of GOD" theology and PERSON, because it is adding to the Cross,= self righteous works, ... and this denies The Lord His full credit due, for Salvation.
This offends God, who is Jesus on the Cross, and that is why there is a literal CURSE on anyone who teaches or preaches that = "The Cross + Works, commandments, self abiding, self enduring lifestyle" is the Gospel.....is Salvation.

How do YOU discover if you have "fallen from Grace", and you are become a legalist. ??
Very simple.
You just answer this simple question.

Q.) Do you believe that Jesus Christ keeps you saved?

I didnt ask you if He saved you.
I asked you if you believe that He KEEPS You saved?

A Legalist is not being honest if they say "yes", because a legalist believes that enduring to the end, keeping your faith, living a holy life, keeping the law and the 10 commandments, self abiding, is what is keeping THEM saved., so that is why they preach this cursed of God gospel of works....to others.

So, be careful reader, as a legalist is deeply deceived , and that deception, that spiritual darkness, is ALL they can also offer you.

Yan

Jun 15, 2020
City of David
the-land-of-hope.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Indonesia
Legalism today also deceived people to frightening others from different church that still not join particular church. From this deception they're not preaching the bible as the universal truth instead of they misused the bible to justify their own church, same as Jesus wrath to people who sold the dove (Holy Spirit) in the temple (John 2:13-25).
If the truth only belongs to particular church then how do we respond to Peter & Paul who died in Rome while Peter himself was the Jewish and Roman's citizenship was only Paul himself (Acts of the Apostles 22:23-29).
Because as long as we had received Holy Spirit baptism, we're still in His grace (1 John 2:26-27).

Last edited: