How to understand... The Lamb's book of life

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The Cross disqualifies you from trying to keep yourself saved. If you come to this revelation, you will stop trying to do it.

And let me show you how that "lamb's book of life" works out, so that you can get rid of lying commentaries and lying teachers.....

When you are born, you are IN.....your name is found IN the Lambs book of life.

When you are born again, your name is still in there....

If you die a "Lamb" rejector......a Christ Rejector, then your name WILL NOT BE FOUND IN THE LAMB" BOOK of "eternal Life". As Jesus is the Lamb, and He Himself is Eternal lite, and if you are born again, then because Jesus who is "the resurrection and the (eternal) LIFE"< is IN YOU....so that is why you have it.

If you dont have Him in you, if you are a Christ Rejector, then you will die, hit Revelation 20:11, and your name will not be IN THERE (not found in the Lamb's BOOK"...< as by rejecting the LAMB while you are alive, your Christ rejectiong name is REMOVED the instant you die.

No name in that book, = CHRIST (Lamb) REJECTOR.

Welcome to the Lake of Fire, for all those who by rejecting the LAMB, end up there.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

This is so far off. Only the saints are written in the Lamb's book of life. These will have Christ as their life. This is the Bride of Christ. To say things so trivially (and so falsely) about the things of God is shocking.

And I think you are confusing the book of life with the Lamb's book of life. These are not the same. There is a big difference between being in a wedding and being a part of the Bride. Most believers...if they are fortunate...will be guests at the wedding feast (not the Bride).A very few will actually be the Bride so as to rule with Christ forever over the saved of the nations. (they who are scarcely saved by being written in the book of life)

Just as God took one rib from Adam's chest (near his heart) to make a wife for him...so God takes one part of His people to be the Bride of Christ. A remnant.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is so far off. Only the saints are written in the Lamb's book of life. These will have Christ as their life. This is the Bride of Christ. To say things so trivially (and so falsely) about the things of God is shocking.

And I think you are confusing the book of life with the Lamb's book of life. These are not the same. There is a big difference between being in a wedding and being a part of the Bride. Most believers...if they are fortunate...will be guests at the wedding feast (not the Bride).A very few will actually be the Bride so as to rule with Christ forever over the saved of the nations. (they who are scarcely saved by being written in the book of life)

Just as God took one rib from Adam's chest (near his heart) to make a wife for him...so God takes one part of His people to be the Bride of Christ. A remnant.
That is what the OP said, yet you say it is so far off. You refute yourself.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
This is so far off. Only the saints are written in the Lamb's book of life..

The Lambs book of Life is there before the foundation of the world.
"Saints were not even SAINTS, at that time. Were not even in human forum. NOT EVEN BORN.
Understand?

So, the commentaries that you are using, have lied to you.
Just consider what i just showed you, and consider why your teachers have not told you this most simple and logical information.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"Saints were not even SAINTS, at that time. Were not even in human forum. NOT EVEN BORN.
Understand?

So, the commentaries that you are using, have lied to you.
Just consider what i just showed you, and consider why your teachers have not told you this most simple and logical information.

LOL. I think you are assuming I'm doing what you are doing! I am taught on a whole other level that you would obviously not understand.

Reactions: faithfulness

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Cross disqualifies you from trying to keep yourself saved. If you come to this revelation, you will stop trying to do it.

And let me show you how that "lamb's book of life" works out, so that you can get rid of lying commentaries and lying teachers.....

If you die a "Lamb" rejector......a Christ Rejector, then your name WILL NOT BE FOUND IN THE LAMB" BOOK of "eternal Life". As Jesus is the Lamb, and He Himself is Eternal lite, and if you are born again, then because Jesus who is "the resurrection and the (eternal) LIFE"< is IN YOU....so that is why you have it.

If you dont have Him in you, if you are a Christ Rejector, then you will die, hit Revelation 20:11, and your name will not be IN THERE (not found in the Lamb's BOOK"...< as by rejecting the LAMB while you are alive, your Christ rejectiong name is REMOVED the instant you die.

No name in that book, = CHRIST (Lamb) REJECTOR.

Welcome to the Lake of Fire, for all those who by rejecting the LAMB, end up there.
What's the consequence of being a BEHOLD REJECTOR ...like myself?

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL. I think you are assuming I'm doing what you are doing! I am taught on a whole other level that you would obviously not understand.
If you are taught on a different level do you have a Bible verse that states at what point a name is entered and is removed from the Lamb's book of life?

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If you are taught on a different level do you have a Bible verse that states at what point a name is entered and is removed from the Lamb's book of life?
Parable of the seed sower.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2, 3 & 4 did.
Nope, if all did not start out and none can be added this parable is not about the Lamb's book of life.

Mark 4:14
"The sower sows the message."
The seed is the message. The seed is not every person elect or not elect

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It would be more accurate to say that the Book of Life (also called "my Book" by God, "the Book", "the Book of Life" or "the Book of Remembrance") has been there from before the foundation of the world, and following the finished work of Christ it has become the Lamb's Book of Life (Rev 21:27).

Since God desires the salvation of all mankind, all names are written in the Book of Life. However, each time someone reject the Gospel or rejects Christ, his or her name is removed.

But there is absolutely no call to welcome anyone to Lake of Fire. All are commanded to repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.

Reactions: marks

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Nope, if all did not start out and none can be added this parable is not about the Lamb's book of life.

Mark 4:14
"The sower sows the message."
The seed is the message. The seed is not every person elect or not elect
If the #2 died before they fell away, they would be in the Book of Life. If the BOL to you, is some predestination principle, then arguably, it can be supported that whoever falls away, despite once believing, were never saved in the 1st place.
But ruling out hypothetical speculations, the parable states that at one point, # 2 was saved.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the #2 died before they fell away, they would be in the Book of Life. If the BOL to you, is some predestination principle, then arguably, it can be supported that whoever falls away, despite once believing, were never saved in the 1st place.
But ruling out hypothetical speculations, the parable states that at one point, # 2 was saved.
That is supposition. Any one who hears the word is already there no matter what happens. You decided who gets to go and who stays. Number 1 is still in there from the start, and not having the message does not condemn one. It just makes it harder to show any fruit if you are one. That is why this is not about the Lamb's book of life. It is about how a believer produces their own fruit. Jesus does not say number 1 had their name removed from the Lamb's book of life.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Apparently, you don't know what the "wedding garment" is.
Mat. 22[11] And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:
[12] And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.
[13] Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
[14] For many are called, but few are chosen.

Rom. 8[9] But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

If one is "none of His", then they were never "chosen". Which is to say that they which were called, never answered God's "call", or they did answer, but then rejected Christ.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think also that you don't understand the equality that is in Christ.
Matthew 19[30] But many that are first shall be last; and the last shall be first.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Apparently, you don't know what the "wedding garment" is.
Mat. 22[11] And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:
[12] And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.
[13] Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
[14] For many are called, but few are chosen.

Rom. 8[9] But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

If one is "none of His", then they were never "chosen". Which is to say that they which were called, never answered God's "call", or they did answer, but then rejected Christ.

Apparently you are into surmising...and putting things together incorrectly. You should just say you can't see what I'm saying. Just as you don't understand everything in the bible.

Christ in you is the HOPE of glory...but not the guarantee of glory. Some will go astray, some will be offended and others will not bear the right kind of fruit...remaining carnal.

It is as we abide IN Christ that we put on the wedding robes.

So you aren't making the distinction between Christ in you...as many have been so called....and you abiding IN Christ which few will ever do. The way is narrow and FEW are they who find it. Why? Because of assumptions and putting together verses incorrectly to make false assumptions.
We are to be called, chosen AND faithful. So the way is not so easy as many might expect.

The guests are many....but the Bride are few. Many are called, few are chosen.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Since God desires the salvation of all mankind, all names are written in the Book of Life. However, each time someone reject the Gospel or rejects Christ, his or her name is removed.

This is actually true. :) I'm surprised that a binary fundamentalist can see that.

There are in fact three books at judgment (books and another book make 3)

The book of life. (The obedient to the basic principles of Christ...like the meek)
The book of remembrance (the righteous)
The Lamb's book of life. (saints)

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That is supposition. Any one who hears the word is already there no matter what happens. You decided who gets to go and who stays. Number 1 is still in there from the start, and not having the message does not condemn one. It just makes it harder to show any fruit if you are one. That is why this is not about the Lamb's book of life. It is about how a believer produces their own fruit. Jesus does not say number 1 had their name removed from the Lamb's book of life.
So, are you saying that #1 may still be saved? I would say unequivocally, no.