How to Walk in Righteousness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This bears repeating...

The context of "filthy rags" righteousness is NOT a statement that destroys human righteousness...it is an admission of guilt about what certain people were doing. What OT people could compare with was a true human righteousness compared with a false human righteousness. All within the power of the flesh. Whether it was coming from the outer man or the inner man.

No one was comparing God's righteousness with a human righteousness at that point. It was comparing what WE do with what is possible to do. Jesus didn't come to call the righteous to repentance...but sinners.

Notice this...

Is. 64:5 Thou meetest him that rejoiceth and worketh righteousness, those that remember thee in thy ways: behold, thou art wroth; for we have sinned: in those is continuance, and we shall be saved.

6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

What Isaiah is saying is that God accepts the righteous...but iniquity gets in the way when people assume they are righteous, when in fact they are not.

Peter finally understood this when he said...

34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and
worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This bears repeating...

The context of "filthy rags" righteousness is NOT a statement that destroys human righteousness...it is an admission of guilt about what certain people were doing. What OT people could compare with was a true human righteousness compared with a false human righteousness. All within the power of the flesh. Whether it was coming from the outer man or the inner man.

No one was comparing God's righteousness with a human righteousness at that point. It was comparing what WE do with what is possible to do. Jesus didn't come to call the righteous to repentance...but sinners.

Notice this...

Is. 64:5 Thou meetest him that rejoiceth and worketh righteousness, those that remember thee in thy ways: behold, thou art wroth; for we have sinned: in those is continuance, and we shall be saved.

6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

What Isaiah is saying is that God accepts the righteous...but iniquity gets in the way when people assume they are righteous, when in fact they are not.

Peter finally understood this when he said...

34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and
worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.
One's own human righteousness (so-called) falls short of the glory. It is wood, hay, stubble that is corruptible (subject to decay) and doesn't stand the test of fire. Whatsoever is not of faith is sin. Unregenerated inner man (ie, without faith) is in a fallen state....fallen humans are like "beasts meant to be taken and destroyed", like we all once were. Even animals can appear righteous at times, but that is completely natural, not of the spirit (except circumstances where the Lord may be intervening to compel an animal to help out a human in some way). The OT saints had faith...their righteousness was a righteousness of faith, so much so that they are set up as examples for us believers who also have faith not of our own. Their faith wrought with their righteousness/works. There is the issue of calling/election....eg, we know Abraham was chosen by God and so were OT prophets/saints. It is this "choosing" by God that makes one righteous by faith.

In short, God only commends what is OF HIM, because anything that is NOT of Him falls short of HIS glory. We have nothing of our own that is worthy to be offered to Him, only our empty vessels that have been emptied of both our own so-called good as well as evil. But the Lord is kind and gracious, like we accept and enjoy and rejoice in the stumbling attempts of our children learning to do things, it doesn't mean He automatically rejects all our efforts made in the flesh, in that sense....I believe He judges us according to what is appropriate for our level of growth...... but we need to be on the path of maturing and growing up into what is of Him, which involves dying to our own righteousness, which is imperfect.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Obedience.

Isaiah 64 reminded me of the 10 virgins and the 5 who let their lights run out.
Even though they fell asleep, they did repent and try to get more oil before the master got to the gate.
If they had listened like the wise ones, they wouldn't feel that they had failed. Their "righteousness" was a dirty rags.
Their willing to do as they're told, for their own good mind you, obedience.
I beliieve Jesus's righteousness, Mercy and Truth, will see the effort made to make things right (Repent) when they realized they dropped the ball.
Both Truth that they repented and Mercy because I believe Jesus will forgive them.

Ten Virgins:

Thou meetest him that rejoiceth and worketh righteousness, those that remember thee in thy ways: behold, thou art wroth; for we have sinned: in those is continuance, and we shall be saved.
Isa 64:6
But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.
Isa 64:7
And there is none that calleth upon thy name, that stirreth up himself to take hold of thee: for thou hast hid thy face from us, and hast consumed us, because of our iniquities.
Isa 64:8
But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.
Isa 64:9
Be not wroth very sore, O LORD, neither remember iniquity for ever: behold, see, we beseech thee, we are all thy people.

Thou meetest him that rejoiceth and worketh righteousness, those that remember thee in thy ways... these be the 5 wise ones.
behold, thou art wroth; for we have sinned.... these be the foolish ones.
in those is continuance.. the ones who give warning, go get more oil....
and we shall be saved. and because they listened and did what they were told.

I don't think Jesus will fire the 5 who fell asleep. I think perturbed, and even angry because what if they couldn't find their way back?
Angry for a moment, and then forgiveness and mercy and grace.

Because all 10 virgins belong to the master of the house. And I'm pretty sure he would love them all, disappointed maybe..

Obedience isn't something you do for yourself, it's something you do for the one you love and care for.
If ye Love me.....

It's that IF word....
Hugs
Great video, I subscibed
:D

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sow to yourselves in righteousness…until He rains righteousness on you.

After you have struggled for a while, He will confirm, strengthen and establish you.

I have to say, in case it might help someone, I was a really bad case. I began to learn what righteousness was but then saw I couldn’t do it. I quite literally saw UNbelievers who were far better than me, and I had received the down payment!! But seeing that made me cry out to God for help so it was good.

But before I saw that I was Just one of the really bad ones, I thought I was humble and good. He had to show me I wasn’t. That was a major tumble. But like I said, when I saw I wasn’t, it didn’t make me able to BE good. It did however make me be truthful about myself and go to Him for the help I needed.

He DID establish me, (in basic human righteousness) by calming my passions, but it wasn’t because I was able to be good but was soon after I was just truthful. So it’s obvious to me that He likes and rewards truthfulness. :)

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
One's own human righteousness (so-called) falls short of the glory. It is wood, hay, stubble that is corruptible (subject to decay) and doesn't stand the test of fire. Whatsoever is not of faith is sin. Unregenerated inner man (ie, without faith) is in a fallen state....fallen humans are like "beasts meant to be taken and destroyed", like we all once were. Even animals can appear righteous at times, but that is completely natural, not of the spirit (except circumstances where the Lord may be intervening to compel an animal to help out a human in some way). The OT saints had faith...their righteousness was a righteousness of faith, so much so that they are set up as examples for us believers who also have faith not of our own. Their faith wrought with their righteousness/works. There is the issue of calling/election....eg, we know Abraham was chosen by God and so were OT prophets/saints. It is this "choosing" by God that makes one righteous by faith.

Actuality God will have mercy on whoever He wills. OT righteousness was by works as well as faith. You still aren't getting the relationship between human righteousness and divine righteousness. I suggest you watch the video...and then comment on it.
In short, God only commends what is OF HIM, because anything that is NOT of Him falls short of HIS glory.

God will not share His glory with another. And God loves mercy. He accepts a broken and repentant heart...no matter if the person is righteous or not. He does this to inspire a good attitude and an eventual foray into righteousness.
We have nothing of our own that is worthy to be offered to Him, only our empty vessels that have been emptied of both our own so-called good as well as evil. But the Lord is kind and gracious, like we accept and enjoy and rejoice in the stumbling attempts of our children learning to do things, it doesn't mean He automatically rejects all our efforts made in the flesh, in that sense....I believe He judges us according to what is appropriate for our level of growth...... but we need to be on the path of maturing and growing up into what is of Him, which involves dying to our own righteousness, which is imperfect.
We don't die to our own righteousness...only our CLAIMS to righteousness. God loves the righteous and He receives them.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus says, go and do this... I go do it. It is accounted as my righteousness.. meaning I did the right thing by going.
Jesus says, go and do this.. and I don't go. This is my own unrighteousness because I didn't listen.
Jesus' Righteousness can take my unrighteousness and make those rags white as snow.

The parable of the 2 sons.
Which one did the will of the father?

So then doing the will of the Father is accounted as righteousness. But even our own righteousness can never do what the Lord's Righteousness can do. That is , make it right.

Fogiveness, mercy...
I believe righteousness looks like the fruit of the Spirit.

Hugs

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It falls short of perfection/the holiness of God. But He doesn’t despise caring about your neighbor at least as well as you care about yourself. He does not call it filthy.
We are to become as children concerning evil. Are children filthy in their thinking? No...we are to become or remain like them.

This whole idea of filthy rags ...what it does is identify those whose righteousness is indeed filthy. God loves the righteous and receives them...and gives them grace.

But the filthy have no understanding of righteousness.

To the pure all is pure...to the filthy all is filthy.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It falls short of perfection/the holiness of God. But He doesn’t despise caring about your neighbor at least as well as you care about yourself. He does not call it filthy.
God's ways are higher than man's ways....He doesn't see things the way we do. Paul wasn't lying when he said "in me, that is in my flesh, is no good thing" and Jesus said, "why do you call me good, there is no one good but God."

All the unbelieving will perish regardless of whether they were axe murderers or just ordinary folks going about their business....that's not me saying that, it is God's word. The so-called good things people do will not save them. God calls everyone sinners....He doesn't call them good. Only repentance and faith in Jesus Christ will save anyone.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's ways are higher than man's ways....He doesn't see things the way we do. Paul wasn't lying when he said "in me, that is in my flesh, is no good thing" and Jesus said, "why do you call me good, there is no one good but God."

All the unbelieving will perish regardless of whether they were axe murderers or just ordinary folks going about their business....that's not me saying that, it is God's word. The so-called good things people do will not save them. God calls everyone sinners....He doesn't call them good. Only repentance and faith in Jesus Christ will save anyone.
Woe unto thee chorazin , woe unto thee .
Woe unto thee carpernum , woe unto thee
WHY DID JESUS say this . And why did he tell his own
to shake the dust off their feet against those who rejected them .
Saying it will be better even for Sodom on the day of judgement than for them .
Why , cause they refused to BELIEVE ON HIM .
This works and false love religon this world and many churches are preaching is A FALSE GOSPEL . ITS A LIE .
This is truth . Those who believe will be saved , but those who believe not will be damned . KEEP POINTING TO FAITH IN JESUS
dear sister . I shall give this false religon nor those who preach it ANY REST , I will warn against it
and point to the ONLY TRUE LOVE THERE IS , THE KING JESUS the GLORIOUS GOSPEL OF CHRIST .
cause nothing else can or will save them . POINT TO CHRIST my dear sister , and do so till that last and final
breath ebbs out your lungs . By grace i shall do the same . I refuse to give one human being FALSE HOPE .
THUS i shall point to CHRIST ALONE , BELIEVE YE IN HIM and let us learn ALL doctrine well , by which lambs shall grow wise .

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One's own human righteousness (so-called) falls short of the glory.
Hello again,

You must read your Bible an awful lot, in my opinion. Yes this is right. There is no human who has ever been righteous in their flesh. Abraham’s faith, made him righteous with God for having believed the promise God had made to him. He was right with God for believing in him. Abraham’s human righteousness was still human. Abraham still told lies to others about Sarah being his sister. Making him still a sinner, but made right for believing God is, and came and made a covenant with Abraham, and God also made a covenant with hims own self at some point.
It is wood, hay, stubble that is corruptible (subject to decay) and doesn't stand the test of fire.
This reminds me of the Parable Jesus spoke about the person who built their house on a sandy foundation which wind and waves blew it down. A person who follows after Jesus, and his way, are wise and were those who built on a solid foundation of stone (Jesus is the Chief cornerstone).

When the wind (of every doctrine blew around), and the waters (of the world; problems of the flesh, persecution, unsurity).

The wind and waters could not tear that house down or flip it over like the house in the sand. A model for how standing on the earthly principles and foundations, though they can be helpful or demonstrative, the model for the heavenly foundation on the Chief cornerstone, who is our high priest allowing us access to the throne of grace and be able to pray and talk to our Father, and thank him for all he has done.

Summary;

A stone is very hard to burn, but if melted in a lava pool then it can be dematerialized within the amount and immense heat.

If one doesn’t gather: wood, hay, stubble. (Earthly Marterial)

Instead gathers up; bread of life, and everlasting waters to build their foundation, in which is Christ lead; and his commands which express that to know God and to know Jesus is age-during life, or enteral life, the enteral life is the hope of a Christian to leave this world one day, in due process of time, to be in the heavenly kingdom one day, being able to see many people, even Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Jesus said people from all over the east and west will come to feast with them in the kingdom.

The spiritual principles of following Christ are essential in knowing you are building up your spiritual life of having love for God and love for others now in this life, with treasures, and reward awaiting in heaven as promised by the Lord.

Whatsoever is not of faith is sin.
Yes. And I remember when I was probably 5 or 6 years old and my mom made me mad, and I went into this zip up closet in my brothers room and sat down on top of the clothes that were at the bottom. After zipping it up shut, instated flipping the birds off in the sky and throwing a fit. There is not faith coming from anything found here in this story it is just nothing but sin. The sin has to be died too and to live unto God and unto Christ Jesus. It’s hard to die to sin, which is to become dead to our flesh.

This is mortifying of the flesh is found in more detail in reading Paul’s letter to the people at colossae, Colossians chapter 3.
Unregenerated inner man (ie, without faith) is in a fallen state....fallen humans are like "beasts meant to be taken and destroyed", like we all once were. Even animals can appear righteous at times, but that is completely natural, not of the spirit (except circumstances where the Lord may be intervening to compel an animal to help out a human in some way).
That is interesting the animal aspect very cool. Yes I was never really born again until about 26 years old; and having heard, and being in and out of churches, I was really fallen and told myself “there is something wrong with your heart, it’s just dark. I need to find out who the Jesus person is; he is the only I have ever heard of to heal” and then the journey started from that point on God sent me someone to teach me how to read and to examine the Bible, by comparing scripture with scripture and to get very familiar with what you are reading and when it was written and what was the surrounding community like at the time.

Did they have statues and deities they had worshiped in the town square or something and Christian’s came to share the good news to those who desired to hear while some did not care to hear any of it and killed others because of it?

The OT saints had faith...their righteousness was a righteousness of faith, so much so that they are set up as examples for us believers who also have faith not of our own. Their faith wrought with their righteousness/works.
When the law was instated there was blessing and material cursed that would ensure upon them then in that time of the Old Testament up to the time of a Jesus on the Cross; which now he is our righteousness having now fulfilled the law of Moses and allowing now the spirit to move in. Those faith Old Testament believers are examples for us to learn from, even perhaps may help you learn how to handle a situation by reading and studying and looking. Now with Jesus being our righteousness by faith; you are able to have peace with God now; and now become part of the heavenly kingdom which you have a family of believers there and a family of believers down here now that still with you. You become a son or daughter of God as you grow from being a new born in Christ, being a child of God. You have access to God anytime and the Father will help you, by the spirt if you ask Him. (luke 11:13)
There is the issue of calling/election....eg, we know Abraham was chosen by God and so were OT prophets/saints. It is this "choosing" by God that makes one righteous by faith.
That makes sense, to me. Because in those days, God set aside for himself something like 4,000 people who did not bow before Baal; he could do the same with the first century Christian’s in which were part of the 144,000. Just a thought.
In short, God only commends what is OF HIM, because anything that is NOT of Him falls short of HIS glory.
Yes. The only glory of God is who? The very Word of God that was made flesh and named Immanuel, and Jesus. He is the way; the truth; and the life, and the only way to the Father. The Father glorified Jesus even giving a name above every name.
We have nothing of our own that is worthy to be offered to Him, only our empty vessels that have been emptied of both our own so-called good as well as evil.
This would be something that is considerable; even though this flesh has nothing to offer up to the Father. The Father is pleased by faith, not only that he is also pleased when we offer thanksgiving, praise, and singing to Him, and to also because of faith and those who seek out God diligently, he rewards. I believe though our nature fleshly, soulish earthly ways of self is not what God desires our soul to be at; which at the self state of mind but rather to be a soul which has the mind of Christ. Which leads to the renewed spiritual ways being born again, in Christ, baptized in his death, and Holy Spirit and fire, being risen again from the death on the cross.
But the Lord is kind and gracious, like we accept and enjoy and rejoice in the stumbling attempts of our children learning to do things,
Yes, his lovingkindness and mercies are new every day, and his grace even in our faults to allow us to have life daily is something to be thankful for, if God is the vine dresser and Jesus is the vine and you are part of the vine abiding in Christ; The Father who is the vine dresser may cut you back sometimes in order for you to continue remain humble; and in the end produce more fruit.

Sometimes cut backs may be from a decision to not love God and not love your neighbor.

it doesn't mean He automatically rejects all our efforts made in the flesh, in that sense....
My reading of this just makes me thankful that sin has been paid for and taken care of by Christ once and for all; and the renewing comes when a person is able to make it to the cross and follow by dying x buried x raising in Christ to newness of life by the spirit and dying to the old man, putting off the former , mortifying the flesh , and putting on Christ.
I believe He judges us according to what is appropriate for our level of growth...... but we need to be on the path of maturing and growing up into what is of Him, which involves dying to our own righteousness, which is imperfect.
Yes I would agree. It is only
The righteousness in Christ that is freely available to any and all; who accept and go and grow and learn, and have faith in his promises, and he is the healer of the mind/will/emotion that is part of our soul; that needs Him to help clean it up, and renew it by and through the spirit whom is sent by the father through Jesus the messiah.

You have had to read the Bible quite a bit.

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God's ways are higher than man's ways....He doesn't see things the way we do.

And you aren't seeing His ways...just one facet. You don't see as He does.
Paul wasn't lying when he said "in me, that is in my flesh, is no good thing" and Jesus said, "why do you call me good, there is no one good but God."

No one can compare themselves to God. And Jesus is good...but the other man was being flippant about what good is.
All the unbelieving will perish regardless of whether they were axe murderers or just ordinary folks going about their business

And whether they were believers or not. You only can see things on a religious level. The Pharisees could only see if people were as religious as them or not. To them, the condemned were the sinners...NOT the religious. They saw (as you do) ALL believers being saved. The bible is concerned with God's people...you know, the ones that perish from a lack of knowledge. You need more discernment...more facets to understand the bigger picture. We are not to be concerned for the judgment of unbelievers.
....that's not me saying that, it is God's word.

That is your interpretation taken out of context.
The so-called good things people do will not save them.
The righteous are not trying to be saved. They are trying to do what's right. God decides whether or not they are righteous. Certainly not you...but you can't get past your own judgment.

God calls everyone sinners....He doesn't call them good.

Yes, in comparison to God, no one is good.
Only repentance and faith in Jesus Christ will save anyone.
Those who reject Christ are condemned. And only those who enter into the faith of Christ will be saved from the power of sin.

But those who in faithful continuance do what is right and remain humble will be accepted by God...the meek shall inherit the earth. That would include the Hindu meek, the Muslim meek, the Catholic meek...even the Evangelical meek.

However ALL religious judgmental people will be rejected...even Christian ones.

God is not a respecter of persons. He is NOT religious.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's ways are higher than man's ways....
That is true.

Isaiah 55:8-9​

New King James Version​

8 “For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord.
9 “For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways,
And My thoughts than your thoughts.
For us to be able to understand like God can, it must be considerably infinite. Yahweh says here that his thoughts are not our thoughts (earthly understanding) , nor our ways (earthly soulish), his ways (heavenly minded, and perfect in all ways, he is a giver of good gifts.) Yahweh says his ways are higher than our ways and his thoughts higher than our thoughts. For as the heavens are higher than the earth.
He doesn't see things the way we do. Paul wasn't lying when he said "in me, that is in my flesh, is no good thing" and Jesus said, "why do you call me good, there is no one good but God."
That is true,
Romans 7:18
For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out.

Paul was reminding the audience that by his fleshly, earthly soulish mindset, in his flesh. There dwells nothing good. When paul desire to do what is good he can not carry out. Later he will go on to talk about the Spirit, with the understanding that sometimes the sin within our earthly nature still comes around from time to time; and God is faithful and can make an escape for those who seek out him in those stressful situations of temptations. Because all of have already sinned, there is nothing left to learn but the truth of what is evil, and what resides within us as human beings and the wisest of all people was Jesus and to learn from him, starts the renewing process, slowly over time of a persons choice to move in to their father and draw nearer to him.

Luke 18:19 “Why do you call me good?” Jesus answered. “No one is good—except God alone.

This was a true statement by Jesus. While people can do good things for others and deem what is good and what is right in their own way for some. Jesus flesh was not good, and he knew that because he suffered just like those around him suffered with temptations as the soul (Word of God) was in the body of the Messiah named Immanuel and Yeshua. That is the way I see it though in my opinion. The Word of God was honoring his Father by not elevating the aspect of the flesh when it was not needed to be done whatsoever.

All the unbelieving will perish regardless of whether they were axe murderers or just ordinary folks going about their business....that's not me saying that, it is God's word.
There is ruin when it comes to having either a life filled with evil acts, or just no reverence or relationship with God, as the heart and mind are in need of the Word that is for sure. Unbelieving and no incorporating God into one’s life, because of the decision to do so after having even been hearing the message and reading Gospel, don’t have any spiritual life until their eyes are opened.
The so-called good things people do will not save them. God calls everyone sinners....He doesn't call them good. Only repentance and faith in Jesus Christ will save anyone.

This is understandably true; as all people are born with the nature to sin, by the choice of the decision of one’s of soul to do whatever one desires to do. People can do good thing for people and deem things as good acts, but they don’t take away the underlying statement in which Jesus says what lies in the heart are evil thoughts, and intents.

Which not everyone may act on those thoughts or intents but surely everyone in the world has experienced something of doing an act of evil. And if anything is not of faith it sin. Therefore all have and if they make a decision of faith in Christ and follow him, the heavenly ways become open, (Galatians 5), and the Spirit of Christ resides within you (Galatians 2).

Mark 7 20He went on: “What comes out of a person is what defiles them. 21 For it is from within, out of a person’s heart, that evil thoughts come—sexual immorality, theft, murder, 22 adultery, greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly. 23 All these evils come from inside and defile a person.”

The heart and mind are only renewable by allowing God to write on the heart and mind and that means to be encouraged to read and take notes about what you read, and learn and grow and to know more about God and whom he had sent.

I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people” (Jeremiah 31:33).

It is Jesus who is needed to experience the power of God unto salvation and deliverance from a life that did not once have any relation with God or his Son. By and through the spirit which is given and you’re able to tell God everything and ask him to help you by the spirit asking in Jesus name.

Which allows Christ to be manifesting in and through you which does righteousness that is from Christ, all the things of the spirit helping your flesh to be held back from making harsh or demeaning judgments, or condemning other people.

The credit goes to the Father and the Son never to ourselves
; consider what Jesus says in John 15
“‘I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman; every branch in me not bearing fruit, He doth take it away, and every one bearing fruit, He doth cleanse by pruning it, that it may bear more fruit; already ye are clean, because of the word that I have spoken to you; remain in me, and I in you, as the branch is not able to bear fruit of itself, if it may not remain in the vine, so neither ye, if ye may not remain in me. ‘I am the vine, ye the branches; he who is remaining in me, and I in him, this one doth bear much fruit, because apart from me ye are not able to do anything; if any one may not remain in me, he was cast forth without as the branch, and was withered, and they gather them, and cast to fire, and they are burned; if ye may remain in me, and my sayings in you may remain, whatever ye may wish ye shall ask, and it shall be done to you. ‘In this was my Father glorified, that ye may bear much fruit, and ye shall become my disciples.”
‭‭John‬ ‭15‬:‭1‬-‭8‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

Last edited:
Reactions: APAK and Lizbeth

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you aren't seeing His ways...just one facet. You don't see as He does.

No one can compare themselves to God. And Jesus is good...but the other man was being flippant about what good is.

And whether they were believers or not. You only can see things on a religious level. The Pharisees could only see if people were as religious as them or not. To them, the condemned were the sinners...NOT the religious. They saw (as you do) ALL believers being saved. The bible is concerned with God's people...you know, the ones that perish from a lack of knowledge. You need more discernment...more facets to understand the bigger picture. We are not to be concerned for the judgment of unbelievers.

That is your interpretation taken out of context.

The righteous are not trying to be saved. They are trying to do what's right. God decides whether or not they are righteous. Certainly not you...but you can't get past your own judgment.

Yes, in comparison to God, no one is good.

Those who reject Christ are condemned. And only those who enter into the faith of Christ will be saved from the power of sin.

But those who in faithful continuance do what is right and remain humble will be accepted by God...the meek shall inherit the earth. That would include the Hindu meek, the Muslim meek, the Catholic meek...even the Evangelical meek.

However ALL religious judgmental people will be rejected...even Christian ones.

God is not a respecter of persons. He is NOT religious.
This is a lie from hell . You trod Faith in CHRIST under foot . THE MEEK FOLLOW CHRIST JESUS not buddah
not the muslim faith , not any other path . THEY BELIEVE IN AND FOLLOW CHRIST .
You preach another gospel and you will be held accountable on the DAY of CHRIST who you so willfully trod right under foot .
I was not the first to say one had to believe . JESUS DID . JESUS DID . but to you that means Nothing .
You trod HIM right under foot for a false love that is not coming from GOD at all .
GODS LOVE POINTS TO BELIEVE IN CHRIST .

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
This is a lie from hell . You trod Faith in CHRIST under foot . THE MEEK FOLLOW CHRIST JESUS not buddah
not the muslim faith , not any other path . THEY BELIEVE IN AND FOLLOW CHRIST .
You preach another gospel and you will be held accountable on the DAY of CHRIST who you so willfully trod right under foot .
I was not the first to say one had to believe . JESUS DID . JESUS DID . but to you that means Nothing .
You trod HIM right under foot for a false love that is not coming from GOD at all .
GODS LOVE POINTS TO BELIEVE IN CHRIST .
All have sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God .
There is none that are righteous .
Not one that has not sinned .
There is no salvation in any other religion .
And good works without faith in Christ saves none .
Just as faith without works is dead
so is works without faith .
Only one way , only one Name whereby one may be saved .
That is JESUS CHRIST .
That if you shall confess him by Mouth and believe that God has raised Him
from the dead you shall be saved .
When speaking to nicodemus , JESUS
said that GOD so loved the world that HE sent HIS only begotten Son
that who so ever BELIEVES in Him shall be saved .
He , JESUS , goes on to say but the who believes not shall be damned .
Let us also examine a man named cornelious .
In acts chapter ten we see a man
who had did many good works and many prayers unto God .
He was a gentile who prayed to the one true God of abraham .
He was in his house praying to God when an angel appeared
to Him and told him he had been heard for his many good alms and prayers .
Yet Even that man needed to hear one thing
in order to be saved . And he was told to send men unto Peter
who would tell him the words He needed to hear .
Whereby He and his household could be saved . IT was the glorious gospel .
God has chosen to save the people by the preaching of the gospel .
That all who do believe would be saved .
There simply is no other way , no other name whereby we must be saved .
Paul warned the church not to heed anyone , not even an angel
that brought any other gospel .
John said that if one brings not that gospel do not let them into your house
or bid them god speed .
So why do so many today entertain this other gospel
which is no gospel . The one that says
muslims , buddists , hindus atheists and etc
That if they simply do good they are saved . ITS A LIE .
And it is another jesus they preach , another false gospel
they do bring .
Satan knows how to deceive and he has no love for this world .
He lies to them through men even within christendom .
Let no man , woman or child enter into this lie .
Rather teach that to be saved ONE MUST BELIEVE in CHRIST JESUS .
All else is but vanity and it cannot save .
And if a man tells you HE knows JESUS
and that JESUS is just another way to GOD and that these other religions
have their way too . THAT MAN does not KNOW CHRIST
and is a liar . I say this out of great love for all peoples .
For I truly desire not one soul to perish .
The gospel that saves is real simple .
CALL upon the name of the LORD JESUS and ye shall be saved .
And if one truly belongs to Christ they won’t
call evil good and good evil . JESUS is not the minister of sin .
And we ought not to be either .

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
‭‭Romans‬ ‭10:9-10‬ ‭KJV‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬

12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
‭‭Acts‬ ‭4:12‬ ‭KJV‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬

6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
Galatians‬ ‭1:6-8‬ ‭KJV‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬

9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.
2 John 1:9-11 KJV

14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
John‬ ‭3:14-19‬ ‭KJV‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬

11 And, behold, immediately there were three men already come unto the house where I was, sent from Caesarea unto me.
12 And the Spirit bade me go with them, nothing doubting. Moreover these six brethren accompanied me, and we entered into the man's house:
13 And he shewed us how he had seen an angel in his house, which stood and said unto him, Send men to Joppa, and call for Simon, whose surname is Peter;
14 Who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved.
15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning.
16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.
17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?
Acts‬ ‭11:11-17 ‭KJV‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Those who in FAITHFUL continuance do what is right......will be accepted by God. Not apart from FAITH in Him. If anyone is to be saved, He WILL reveal Jesus and the gospel to them, one way or another. In Acts, I think it was, it talks about Paul preaching and all those who were ordained to eternal life were saved, but not the rest.

Oh dear, I didn't know you believed that about idolaters. At one time God winked at sin, so to speak, but now He commands all men everywhere to REPENT.....and the bible says there is only one way to be reconciled to the Father. There is no one good but God....the flesh profits nothing.

• Love
Reactions: mailmandan and APAK
Status
Not open for further replies.