How was your day?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today was another peaceful and happy day. I saw my husband off at 3am and he began another day of truck driving.

The apartment is mostly clean. Hubby's new chessboard sits proudly in the middle of the coffee table and my knitting project rests beside it.

We talk on and off all day via phone and in person when he gets back. Lunch is steak, broccoli, cauliflower, and jasmine rice.

Then I take off to Whole Foods Market, a swanky type of U.S grocery chain. I found some natural-ish shampoo, conditioner, and soap for us to try. Im not picky. I like big bottles of cheap product.

But Hubs wants certain chemicals off the products.

I also am planning a beef stew so I get two pounds of chuck beef.

Tomorrow I will need to go to a different store and get ingredients for homemade cornbread, beef stew, and command strips for the decorations my in-laws gave us.

How was your day?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today was another peaceful and happy day. I saw my husband off at 3am and he began another day of truck driving.

The apartment is mostly clean. Hubby's new chessboard sits proudly in the middle of the coffee table and my knitting project rests beside it.

We talk on and off all day via phone and in person when he gets back. Lunch is steak, broccoli, cauliflower, and jasmine rice.

Then I take off to Whole Foods Market, a swanky type of U.S grocery chain. I found some natural-ish shampoo, conditioner, and soap for us to try. Im not picky. I like big bottles of cheap product.

Tomorrow I will need to go to a different store and get ingredients for homemade cornbread, beef stew, and command strips for the decorations my in-laws gave us.

How was your day?
Well, you've just added a touch of envy!!

Just kidding!

Well, not entirely!

I'm having a good day.

Except, just now, I noticed, I just got another of those asian mosquito bites. They LOVE me. And I'm allergic to them. Oh well!

Much love!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, you've just added a touch of envy!!

Just kidding!

Well, not entirely!

I'm having a good day.

Except, just now, I noticed, I just got another of those asian mosquito bites. They LOVE me. And I'm allergic to them. Oh well!

Much love!

Lol!

@marks maybe we can trade lives for a day!

All you have to do is gain the power to teleport. And keep this in mind: if food is made, there's a way.

Reactions: marks

WillTell

Aug 22, 2021
Deep South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

How was your day?

@Wynona, I’m so glad you had a good day!

My day started out great, too, with a little Bible study and a walk. On my walk, I met a new neighbor with two HUGE bulldogs, one of which thought my legs and shoes were worthy of a good sniff. His big nose felt like the soft side of Velcro, lol!

In the meantime, a new refrigerator was parked in the middle of my kitchen waiting to be put in place. The only problem was that it wouldn’t quite fit where the old one had been. My husband was prepared to trim the bottom of the cabinets above with a small electric saw. He wanted me to get my vacuum cleaner, hold the suction wand up while he sawed, and catch the flying sawdust. ;) I was skeptical about the plan from the get-go, but I tried. A few minutes later, I was vacuuming the entire room from top to bottom—and sneezing.

Then it was on to the grocery store…. not the best day for grocery shopping here since we are under a hurricane watch. We stocked up on water and basic supplies, not just for us, but for my husband’s mom who is home bound; then we delivered hers and visited for awhile.

At 3pm, we realized we hadn’t had lunch, so we ordered a Domino’s thin crust pizza at a drive-thru—a very rare treat. Yummy with red grapes.

I’ve spent most of the evening here—also a nice treat. I’m a newbie here, but enjoying the forums a lot!

Every day with God, even the most ordinary day, is a great day!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Wynona
Every day with God, even the most ordinary day, is a great day!

Yes it is!!

I hope you're enjoying the forums! Im glad you had a good day. Id be skeptical about the whole vacuuming sawdust thing too, lol.

Nothing like reaching beyond your comfort zone.

I also try to start each day with God through Bible reading and prayer.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

How was your day?

Hi Wynona! That is cool your husband is a truck driver! My hubby wants to do that. He is at work tonight. Had a great day. I had work and had the two year olds today. I had a nice craft for them they enjoyed and everyone got to sleep fairly. Then we had a nice dinner and took care of my kids before bedtime. Days go by fast with 8 hour days now. Happy for the weekend. We plan to go to the demolition derby tomorrow.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Wynona! That is cool your husband is a truck driver! My hubby wants to do that. He is at work tonight. Had a great day. I had work and had the two year olds today. I had a nice craft for them they enjoyed and everyone got to sleep fairly. Then we had a nice dinner and took care of my kids before bedtime. Days go by fast with 8 hour days now. Happy for the weekend. We plan to go to the demolition derby tomorrow.
Ooh! Demolition derby sounds like fun!

Im glad you had a great day.

Reactions: Mayflower

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Mayflower Long hours but it can be good pay, right?

Increasingly may women work as truckers also; must be difficult with small children, though...

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

How was your day?
@Wynona: So do you guys really use the same stuff for your hair? often when women's hair is longer and bushier, they will use something quite different from what their dhs use...

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Wynona: So do you guys really use the same stuff for your hair? often when women's hair is longer and bushier, they will use something quite different from what their dhs use...
I know. Im the exception to that. Those fancy products are expensive. They know their market well and know women will pay more for hair geared towards their specific hair type.

To me, a shampoo is a shampoo. Its job is to clean the hair.

Ive been into fancier snazzier hair products in the past. But my hair routine is simple and its growing so Im satisfied.

I suppose I will use a specific styling product every day that dh wouldn't use. Im not sure if its targeted for me specifically or not, it just works really well and has aloe vera juice in it.

I used to make my own hair products. Ive done some odd things to my hair.

I got caught up in a lot of trends from the "natural hair craze". But what I learned is that while those things are fun to try, just because a product or hair treatment is more involved or more expensive, doesn't mean it works better.

Still, I have some great memories.

Hubs: What the heck is shea butter?

Can I eat it?

Lol

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I know. Im the exception to that. Those fancy products are expensive. They know their market well and know women will pay more for hair geared towards their specific hair type.

To me, a shampoo is a shampoo. Its job is to clean the hair.

Ive been into fancier snazzier hair products in the past. But my hair routine is simple and its growing so Im satisfied.

I suppose I will use a specific styling product every day that dh wouldn't use. Im not sure if its targeted for me specifically or not, it just works really well and has aloe vera juice in it.

I used to make my own hair products. Ive done some odd things to my hair.

I got caught up in a lot of trends from the "natural hair craze". But what I learned is that while those things are fun to try, just because a product or hair treatment is more involved or more expensive, doesn't mean it works better.

Still, I have some great memories.

Hubs: What the heck is shea butter?

Can I eat it?

Lol
@Wynona Some of us actually don't have a lot of hair left... :)

My wife did The Chop years ago. But she still uses a female product on her haircuts that she keeps trimming down.

Sometimes it depends on how long it is, of course, right?

Reactions: Wynona

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm feeling a little depressed today. Just have this mental darkness so I went to the store to be around other people and it cheered me up a bit. It's sunny out so I think I'll just get out for walks today and feel warmer. I'm taking care of my physical needs today. I went to watch Mass online but it was a foreigner that barely spoke english.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Mayflower Long hours but it can be good pay, right?

Increasingly may women work as truckers also; must be difficult with small children, though...

His mom was a truck driver and it runs back in the family I guess. I think he would be good at it. He hasn't pursued it yet though. Been studying the CDL book but struggles with written tests

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
His mom was a truck driver and it runs back in the family I guess. I think he would be good at it. He hasn't pursued it yet though. Been studying the CDL book but struggles with written tests
@Mayflower See; accomplished women can teach men a thing or two about being a trucker...But with more experience, I'm sure your dh will get the hang of it...

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Wynona Some of us actually don't have a lot of hair left... :)

My wife did The Chop years ago. But she still uses a female product on her haircuts that she keeps trimming down.

Sometimes it depends on how long it is, of course, right?

Right. Id love to have really long hair. I did the chop thirteen years ago when I was thirteen years old.

My hair was longer but a beauty school student cut off a lot of my hair in a rather unfortunate way.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm feeling a little depressed today. Just have this mental darkness so I went to the store to be around other people and it cheered me up a bit. It's sunny out so I think I'll just get out for walks today and feel warmer. I'm taking care of my physical needs today. I went to watch Mass online but it was a foreigner that barely spoke english.

Im glad you got cheered up. I love a good walk outside!

I find it important to have face to face time with people too.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Wynona So you studied at beauty school, then...
No, actually I went there because they offered cheap hair services.

Cheaper isn't always the way to go either. Lol.

The student really had no idea what she was doing.

Reactions: Helen