How Were the O.T. Saints Were Saved?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 11:13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. 14 For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country. 15 And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned. 16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city. KJV

Jesus gave the account of the rich man & the beggar, named Lazarus. By referencing Abraham, it is a true story about awareness in the afterlife. Not only that, but Abraham's bosom was located beneath the earth but across a huge gulf from those in hell.

Bible Gateway passage: Luke 16:19-31 - King James Version

Confirmation in scripture that Abraham's bosom was located beneath the earth when King Saul sinned against God by using a medium to consult with the spirit of the prophet Samuel. Scripture does not lie when testifying Samuel did speak to Saul, and gave Saul a prophesy from the Lord regarding his & his sons' future deaths that came true as a result.

Bible Gateway passage: 1 Samuel 28:5-20 - King James Version

So the O.T. saints were in Abraham's bosom as located beneath the earth. So how did Christ could bring them to Heaven?

1 Peter 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: 19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison; KJV

Ephesians 4:7 But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ. 8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men. 9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth? 10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.) KJV

So Christ preached to those in prison, aka Abraham's bosom aka Paradise where He had told the thief that He would meet him there that day.

Luke 23:42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. 43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.

After His resurrection and after His ascension, He led the captivity captive to Heaven where Paradise is now located with the O.T. saints within as Paul testified indirectly of the apostle John for the book of Revelation in being taken to Paradise in the third heaven.

2 Corinthians 12: 1 It is not expedient for me doubtless to glory. I will come to visions and revelations of the Lord. 2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven. 3 And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) 4 How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

Revelation 1:9 I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ. 10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet, 11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.

This was how the O.T. saints were saved and are with Jesus now in Heaven awaiting their resurrection with the abiding N.T. saints for a sit down at the Marriage Supper in Heaven.

Bible Gateway passage: Luke 13:24-30 - King James Version

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 11:13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. 14 For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country. 15 And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned. 16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city. KJV

Jesus gave the account of the rich man & the beggar, named Lazarus. By referencing Abraham, it is a true story about awareness in the afterlife. Not only that, but Abraham's bosom was located beneath the earth but across a huge gulf from those in hell.

Bible Gateway passage: Luke 16:19-31 - King James Version

Confirmation in scripture that Abraham's bosom was located beneath the earth when King Saul sinned against God by using a medium to consult with the spirit of the prophet Samuel. Scripture does not lie when testifying Samuel did speak to Saul, and gave Saul a prophesy from the Lord regarding his & his sons' future deaths that came true as a result.

Bible Gateway passage: 1 Samuel 28:5-20 - King James Version

So the O.T. saints were in Abraham's bosom as located beneath the earth. So how did Christ could bring them to Heaven?

1 Peter 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: 19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison; KJV

Ephesians 4:7 But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ. 8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men. 9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth? 10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.) KJV

So Christ preached to those in prison, aka Abraham's bosom aka Paradise where He had told the thief that He would meet him there that day.

Luke 23:42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. 43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.

After His resurrection and after His ascension, He led the captivity captive to Heaven where Paradise is now located with the O.T. saints within as Paul testified indirectly of the apostle John for the book of Revelation in being taken to Paradise in the third heaven.

2 Corinthians 12: 1 It is not expedient for me doubtless to glory. I will come to visions and revelations of the Lord. 2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven. 3 And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) 4 How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

Revelation 1:9 I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ. 10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet, 11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.

This was how the O.T. saints were saved and are with Jesus now in Heaven awaiting their resurrection with the abiding N.T. saints for a sit down at the Marriage Supper in Heaven.

Bible Gateway passage: Luke 13:24-30 - King James Version
I think God's saving power has existed from the beginning of time. It didn't begin with the birth, or death, of Jesus.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think God's saving power has existed from the beginning of time. It didn't begin with the birth, or death, of Jesus.

Jesus is the Savior as God is the Savior and therefore Jesus is God and has been existing from the beginning of time before His incarnation as the prophesied Son of Man to give His life as a ransom for many.

Isaiah 48:16 Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord God, and his Spirit, hath sent me. 17 Thus saith the Lord, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the Lord thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go.

So when did the above testimony from God Our Redeemer ever had the Lord God ( the Father ) & His Spirit sent Him?

Matthew 3:15 And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him. 16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: 17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

So God by His commandments to men, does the same thing for having Two witnesses in bearing a true witness regarding His Son.

John 8:12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. 13 The Pharisees therefore said unto him, Thou bearest record of thyself; thy record is not true. 14 Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go. 15 Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man. 16 And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me. 17 It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true. 18 I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.