How Were You Convinced That The Bible Is Real?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ShineTheLight

May 7, 2021
Beaverton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What made you believe in the whole thing about the bible? About God, the Devil or Satan, and other stuff. Many people have a hard time knowing of it is all real or not. They can get confused. If there wasn't so much confusions and other things going on in the world, there wouldn't be so much "Is this real or not?".

I've learned and studied about many subject matters over the years. When I didn't know much, I was interested in knowing how life was created and how everything came to be. How it all makes sense. My first exposure to the bible stories was the cartoons (and there are many versions of them). The ones that are kiddy. I wanted to find out the truth about aliens and why they come to earth. I know the truth about this now. I was interested in knowing about many other things too. I learned about paranormal and supernatural realities. I search on stuff that when someone looks at it they might make you go "oooooooo! Conspiracy Theory!".

I watched a lot of people on Youtube who provide good and rich information. I researched on a ton of things. I've watched tv shows or movies and studied certain things that are told in plain sight. With all of this and spending my activity dedicating to understand stuff, I have connected a lot of things. It says in the bible that people perish for a lack of knowledge. The more knowledge you have, the more it can help with having passion for the bible and Jesus Christ.

There's more I could say. But I don't want the opener to be too long. Anyway, share your experience.

tsr

Feb 2, 2021
04/20/47
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
10 REASONS THE BIBLE IS TRUE!
1. Manuscript Evidence.
2. Archaeological Evidence.
3. Eyewitness Accounts.
4. Corroborating Accounts.
5. Literary Consistency
6. Prophetic Consistency.
7. Expert Scrutiny.
8. Leader Acceptance.
9. Global Influence.
10. Changed Lives.

I hope this list helps you become more confident about the Bible. But don’t forget: whenever you have an opportunity to defend God's Word, be sure to “speak the truth in love” (Eph. 4:15). No one listens to an angry Bible reader.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
About age 4 …at my parents knee. Believing in the Father and son came a couple of decades later.

Reactions: Azim and amadeus

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What made you believe in the whole thing about the bible?

You know, I'm not sure I literally believe the whole thing about the Bible yet. Clearly, much is metaphorical, like may you have more descendants than grains of sand on the beach. But this is a different question that the thread title, "How Were You Convinced That The Bible Is Real?"

In October of 2017, my wife asked me to read it. I noticed a change in me in the first 30 days. Many verses hit me as Hebrews 4:12 explains. And when I finally came across Hebrews 4:12, I realized The word of God is alive. There is nothing like it and I realized its author cannot be of this world.

Regarding one doctrine, St Augustine wrote in Confessions how the Word is the source of all truth, even truth the author may not have intended when he wrote it, be it Isaiah or Jeremiah, etc. I have found different people get different things out of reading the Bible. What they need at that point in their spiritual walk with God. Like a mirror, what it looks like is what is reflected into it.

Reactions: amadeus and APAK

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What made you believe in the whole thing about the bible?

The belief first came from faith in the message of salvation, the gospel, for me. I had a real life changing experience from it. I became reborn with the Spirit of the Messiah, and was brought to me by the Father's Spirit. I now know my Savior and Lord in a personal way. The Father brought him to me into my heart and then through his written word, called the Bible. I then to began to REALLY believe in his word. It is always a spiritual event and work if one wants to receive any truth from it.

The Spirit of God is the real key to understanding the Bible. When we pray or think prayerfully from the heart, to know God, and his word or truth, we are asking his Spirit to help us know this word, we call the Bible.

It is is not a novel, or a made inspired set of Books. The Father, his Spirit inspired it to be written over centuries by men he chose for such a task. Yes, there are complications with language and translations for sure, although if you search both the OT and NT you will see major themes and lessons to be learned. One major theme is the Father's grand plan of restoring mankind back to himself since Adam and Eve. And this theme alone takes up many or most Books, Chapters and verses.

I view the Bible as a set of major and minor themes or threads if you are comfortable in thinking this way, and I do. I consider this like the skeleton and framework. Once I've done a rough framework, then I add the 'meat' to it and then the other less visible words that the LORD wants me to know are also attached. I keep doing this over time as a cyclical process of sorts, it's not really done coherently most of the time or in a set sequence or process, ever. It is a human process of trial and error. And I do this until I see the Bible and its words as one large master painting and seeing the big picture, as all the messages of God collapses onto themselves right in front of my eyes. It takes much patient and spiritual time and cannot be expected to be completed, even in one life time. It's a journey in truth for me.

I love to seek the truth in scripture unlocked by the Spirit that guides me today.

Bless you,

APAK

Last edited:

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had a lot of questions about the Bible. I wondered how it could be true because of ideas I was taught like Evolution and "all paths lead to heaven".

When I became a Christian, I heard a series of sermons by Tim Keller that addressed these things quite well and from then on, I believed the Bible was reliable.

Now Ive moved from not only seeing it as reliable but my weapon in spiritual warfare.

Reactions: amadeus