How would you evangelize a non believer?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

crusader4509

Aug 11, 2017
Dushanbe
Faith
Christian
Country
Tajikistan
Hi there I am new to this site and it is my first time posting, forgive me if it is not in the right place.
Imagine that a non believer agrees to go for a coffee with you for a few hours to talk about God. How would you introduce God to someone who is completely ignorant of the bible and tell them the story of creation all the way to Jesus and revelations in a simplistic manner that they would understand, given that you only have a few hours.
Obviously I am aware that it takes a very long time (years) to go through the bible in detail but is anyone able to give me a quick guide that would allow me to go through the bible with someone in a few hours that would make sense to them?
Thanks.

Reactions: prashanthd

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Hi there I am new to this site and it is my first time posting, forgive me if it is not in the right place.
Imagine that a non believer agrees to go for a coffee with you for a few hours to talk about God. How would you introduce God to someone who is completely ignorant of the bible and tell them the story of creation all the way to Jesus and revelations in a simplistic manner that they would understand, given that you only have a few hours.
Obviously I am aware that it takes a very long time (years) to go through the bible in detail but is anyone able to give me a quick guide that would allow me to go through the bible with someone in a few hours that would make sense to them?
Thanks.
i would say that Paul purposely avoided the other Apostles for three years, and studied for himself for just this reason!
Welcome to the forum :)

Reactions: pia

Godssrvr

Jan 16, 2018
South East/Tuscaloosa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks.

They don't need the whole story of the bible from creation to Revelation. They just need the gospel of salvation.

First I would convince them on the truth of the God's Word by showing evidence of all the prophecy of scripture which has come true even hundreds of years after it was written. Once I convinced them they could trust the bible, I would show them what the bible says about the depravity of mankind. Then I would show them the love and qualifications of the Savior from scripture, teaching God's unconditional grace shown through the life, death, burial, and resurrection of Christ.

"A few hours" would make for a great opportunity!

Welcome, I'm new as well!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi there I am new.. Imagine that a non believer agrees to go for a coffee with you for a few hours to talk about God. *How would you introduce God to someone who is completely ignorant of the bible and tell them the story of creation all the way to Jesus and revelations in a simplistic manner that they would understand, given that you only have a few hours.

Welcome to the Site.
To answer your question in a few words...* I wouldn't!!
I start by telling them that Jesus loved them so much that He died for them...then I let them ask their questions.

prashanthd

Aug 16, 2013
Hyderabad, India
Faith
Christian
Country
India
How would you evangelize a non believer?
Thanks.

You need to share with them the Good News. (Mark 16:15)

This is what preaching gospel is all about:
1 Corinthians 2
1 And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.

1 Corinthians 3
6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.

All glory to God.

Reactions: 101G

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
This is what preaching gospel is all about:
1 Corinthians 2
1 And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.
hmm, possibly not the best support for a translation of preach there i guess lol.
"Preach," the way we define it today, lecture, is a poor way to express the original thought in most cases, at least imo
i guess the original in Mark does seem to support it, but note how "share" is turned into "dictate to" or "lecture" in this interpretation
not saying that there isn't a time/place for that, don't get me wrong

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
They don't need the whole story of the bible from creation to Revelation. They just need the gospel of salvation.

First I would convince them on the truth of the God's Word by showing evidence of all the prophecy of scripture which has come true even hundreds of years after it was written. Once I convinced them they could trust the bible, I would show them what the bible says about the depravity of mankind. Then I would show them the love and qualifications of the Savior from scripture, teaching God's unconditional grace shown through the life, death, burial, and resurrection of Christ.

"A few hours" would make for a great opportunity!

Welcome, I'm new as well!

I agree this seems to be the best approach.

They want to know who God is from a Christian perspective, but also how he relates with us. That is answered by the gospel.

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, since I'm surrounded by atheist friends...musicians, clients, jewellers, millionaires, attorneys...I mean gee....I say nothing. I smile my usual deep smile and we talk...
It always comes out that as I am speaking to them that I am aware of the Divine Presence all around.
They at first think I'm some hippie New Age nut...and then they get a contact high...and we seriously start talking about the Creator of All That Is.
Since there is no religion involved...they are very open.

I would never try to turn anyone onto the Bible...immediately there are so many road blocks...since it's all about the Father God Creator ...i go there first.
They get pulled into my 'high'