How Would You Witness To An Unbeliever Or A Backslider ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Shirley

Aug 15, 2011
Ohio USA
Well I told my Atheist Jewish friend that I knew how he could have eternal life if he was interested. He said well i am a good person so if there is a God, then when I get to heaven I am going to say God what the #### why did you let things get so bad. I told him he was a good person but we don't get to heaven by being good that we have to love God and our neighbor as ourselves. I had told him before that Jesus died for our sins to be forgiven. He said i call Jesus my cousin. Well I think when God calls him he will call me to explain it. I really believe this will happen and God will put the right words in my mouth when he does. Halleluyah! Any advice for me would be appreciated. Also working with other atheists so if any one has success in this area I'd appreciate the advice.

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
I have witnessed and allowed the Holy Spirit to convict and covert the person. I simply encourage the person, share my Christian experience and life in sin, share the word of God, pray with them and go on. If follow up on the person is needed I do it.

Hollyrock

Nov 17, 2011
USA
Well I told my Atheist Jewish friend that I knew how he could have eternal life if he was interested. He said well i am a good person so if there is a God, then when I get to heaven I am going to say God what the #### why did you let things get so bad. I told him he was a good person but we don't get to heaven by being good that we have to love God and our neighbor as ourselves. I had told him before that Jesus died for our sins to be forgiven. He said i call Jesus my cousin. Well I think when God calls him he will call me to explain it. I really believe this will happen and God will put the right words in my mouth when he does. Halleluyah! Any advice for me would be appreciated. Also working with other atheists so if any one has success in this area I'd appreciate the advice.
Hi Shirley,I think your boldness and compassion to witness to your Jewish friend is just wonderful...you planted good seed in him and perhaps another will come along to water them and God will cause the increase. And if God wants to continue to use you to reach your friend, He will most definitely give you the words to say to him. Just live the Gospel in front of Him and keep him in your prayers and things will start to change eventually.God bless you Shirley for allowing God to use you in a way which is closest to His heart. Also, Gospel tracts are very helpful too...a great one is called " Father's Love Letter...An Intimate Message From God To You " - By Barry Adams. You can read it on Youtube.

I have witnessed and allowed the Holy Spirit to convict and covert the person. I simply encourage the person, share my Christian experience and life in sin, share the word of God, pray with them and go on. If follow up on the person is needed I do it.
Praise The Lord !!!

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
I know I haven't experienced everything in my life. I know I'm not perfect.

If I can relate I relate, and tell them how I came through all of it. Sometimes I just sit quietly and listen to what they have to say. One thing that has never came out of my mouth (in a serious manor outside of close friends) is "You're going to Hell!". I've never asked anyone, "Don't you want to go to heaven?".

If someone asks advice, I give it, otherwise, I give nothing but an ear and a shoulder.

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
I wouldn't witness to an unbeliever, because they don't want to believe in God, hence, they are an unbeliever! I would only witness to a person who is seeking, and who is open hearted and open minded and who wants to believe in God.

Leave unbelievers alone! They have made their choice to reject Jesus. They will either accept Jesus or not, in their own time! And most non-believers have already made their choice to reject Jesus. They hate the idea of God, they hate it and they would be eternally miserable in heaven even if you gave them a free ticket to enter. We have been through this before, millions of angels were already in heaven, yet they become miserable and eventually were thrown out of heaven!

Be happy for the Atheists and unbelievers, because they are happy being Atheist and unbelievers, because that choice make them happy and I respect peoples rights to have their own free will and own beliefs. Besides, they would be miserable in heaven anyway.

God and heaven is not for everyone and majority of humans will not be there from their own free will. God and I respects their right to hate and reject Jesus. And even if they got into heaven, they would be eternally unhappy there.

If God forced Satan, his angels and all Atheists and unbelievers who reject Jesus into heaven, it would be eternal torment for them there.

Let the unbelievers perish in their lies, because they refused to love the truth! They would be miserable in heaven anyway so it's better they are destroyed in the lake of fire when Jesus returns!

And remember, we have been through this before, millions of angels were already in heaven, yet they become miserable, and stood against God, and eventually were thrown out of heaven and they would be eternally miserable in God forced them to live in heaven! So even if you were able to get an unbeliever into heaven, after a short time they will become very unhappy there and not want to be in heaven! Have you thought about that?

2 Thessalonians 2:10 and in every sort of evil that deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved.

God bless.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Maybe tell them they are willful sinners if they don't take saturday off????

Hollyrock

Nov 17, 2011
USA
Maybe tell them they are willful sinners if they don't take saturday off????
Alrightyyy Then

I wouldn't witness to an unbeliever, because they don't want to believe in God, hence, they are an unbeliever! I would only witness to a person who is seeking, and who is open hearted and open minded and who wants to believe in God.

Leave unbelievers alone! They have made their choice to reject Jesus. They will either accept Jesus or not, in their own time! And most non-believers have already made their choice to reject Jesus. They hate the idea of God, they hate it and they would be eternally miserable in heaven even if you gave them a free ticket to enter. We have been through this before, millions of angels were already in heaven, yet they become miserable and eventually were thrown out of heaven!

Be happy for the Atheists and unbelievers, because they are happy being Atheist and unbelievers, because that choice make them happy and I respect peoples rights to have their own free will and own beliefs. Besides, they would be miserable in heaven anyway.

God and heaven is not for everyone and majority of humans will not be there from their own free will. God and I respects their right to hate and reject Jesus. And even if they got into heaven, they would be eternally unhappy there.

If God forced Satan, his angels and all Atheists and unbelievers who reject Jesus into heaven, it would be eternal torment for them there.

Let the unbelievers perish in their lies, because they refused to love the truth! They would be miserable in heaven anyway so it's better they are destroyed in the lake of fire when Jesus returns!

And remember, we have been through this before, millions of angels were already in heaven, yet they become miserable, and stood against God, and eventually were thrown out of heaven and they would be eternally miserable in God forced them to live in heaven! So even if you were able to get an unbeliever into heaven, after a short time they will become very unhappy there and not want to be in heaven! Have you thought about that?

2 Thessalonians 2:10 and in every sort of evil that deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved.

God bless.
I am sad to hear that

Reactions: WhiteKnuckle

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I can be quite bold. I have been moved by the Spirit and walked up to complete strangers and started conversation. Eventually what comes out of my mouth is, "I am a servant of the Lord Jesus Christ." Others I have been much more subtle and have had long conversations philosophically and theoretically. I would say I have never led anyone to the Lord, but the Lord used me to knock on their door. I can only pray God continues to use me in this fashion, as like Him, I do not desire anyone to perish.

My best advise is to be attuned to the Spirit, and allow Him to do the leading. Open your eyes to the lost and hurting, and lend your ears to the confused and broken. He will put you in the proper place at the proper time. He will also give you the best word to say, or shut you mouth at the best time.

I think witnessing is the most important thing we must do as a Christian. I witness to backsliding believers, unbelievers, atheists, agnostics, cultists, pagans, and anyone else that will listen. What must be spoken is the death, burial, and resurrection. We are to ready in and out of season. We are to point everyone in the direction of Jesus Christ, yet no one can be forced. This is an act of love.

Hollyrock

Nov 17, 2011
USA
Well, I can be quite bold. I have been moved by the Spirit and walked up to complete strangers and started conversation. Eventually what comes out of my mouth is, "I am a servant of the Lord Jesus Christ." Others I have been much more subtle and have had long conversations philosophically and theoretically. I would say I have never led anyone to the Lord, but the Lord used me to knock on their door. I can only pray God continues to use me in this fashion, as like Him, I do not desire anyone to perish.

My best advise is to be attuned to the Spirit, and allow Him to do the leading. Open your eyes to the lost and hurting, and lend your ears to the confused and broken. He will put you in the proper place at the proper time. He will also give you the best word to say, or shut you mouth at the best time.

I think witnessing is the most important thing we must do as a Christian. I witness to backsliding believers, unbelievers, atheists, agnostics, cultists, pagans, and anyone else that will listen. What must be spoken is the death, burial, and resurrection. We are to ready in and out of season. We are to point everyone in the direction of Jesus Christ, yet no one can be forced. This is an act of love.
Hi justaname, I think everything you said is spot on and I pray that I will increase in boldness too. I'm on the shy side and need a little prayer :wacko:

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi justaname, I think everything you said is spot on and I pray that I will increase in boldness too. I'm on the shy side and need a little prayer :wacko:
You are in my prayers. :)

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
Alrightyyy Then

I am sad to hear that

You are sad to hear what? That Atheists and unbelievers won't be in heaven? Or that God will not force them into heaven?

Do you remember the Angels were in heaven, but turned on God and were very unhappy. So imagine if we began pressuring Atheists and unbelievers to accept Jesus, they would be miserable in heaven and we would eventually see a repeat what happened before, they would begin a revolution in heaven and turn on God and eventually be thrown out.

I am sorry the truth hurts you, but that's the realistic facts.... Atheists and unbelievers would never enjoy heaven, just like the billions of Angels before them that were thrown out.

You should only witness about Jesus to those who seeking Jesus, and if they don't, the Bible says to shake the dust of your feet and move on. Narrow is the gate to heaven and few enter, that's because most humans on Earth would hate heaven. So why are you pressuring them to accept Jesus when they don't want to? Don't you respect their free will and right to make their own decisions? So why aren't you following what Bible teaches about this?

God bless.

Hollyrock

Nov 17, 2011
USA
You are sad to hear what? That Atheists and unbelievers won't be in heaven? Or that God will not force them into heaven?

Do you remember the Angels were in heaven, but turned on God and were very unhappy. So imagine if we began pressuring Atheists and unbelievers to accept Jesus, they would be miserable in heaven and we would eventually see a repeat what happened before, they would begin a revolution in heaven and turn on God and eventually be thrown out.

I am sorry the truth hurts you, but that's the realistic facts.... Atheists and unbelievers would never enjoy heaven, just like the billions of Angels before them that were thrown out.

You should only witness about Jesus to those who seeking Jesus, and if they don't, the Bible says to shake the dust of your feet and move on. Narrow is the gate to heaven and few enter, that's because most humans on Earth would hate heaven. So why are you pressuring them to accept Jesus when they don't want to? Don't you respect their free will and right to make their own decisions? So why aren't you following what Bible teaches about this?

God bless.
Lets just agree to disagree...God Bless You

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
Lets just agree to disagree...God Bless You

You are joking right?

Are you saying the Bible is wrong when dealing with those who refuse to embrace Jesus + the Gospel and that we should not shake the dust of our feet as BIble says, instead hang around and pressure Atheists and Unbelievers to come to Christ and harass them over and over and threaten them and nag them day after day? Is that what you are suggesting? Because Bible contradicts you!

Don't you remember we been through this before in heaven, there were ALREADY IN HEAVEN Angels, but they came to hate God and God's government. So even if you gave Atheists and Unbelievers and Antichrists a free ticket to enter heaven, they would begin to stand against God, spread poison about God to others, try to turn others against God and eventually war would begin in heaven for the second time and they would eventually be thrown out!

You mjust understand and accept this truth... Atheists and Unbelievers and Antichrist don't want to love Jesus or accept Jesus and they do NOT want to spend eternity with Jesus in heaven. It's time you accept that.

This following verse explains exactly why the lost will be lost and not in heaven:

Notice carefully, they REFUSED to love the truth, they REFUSED to be saved, because they don't want to and would be eternally miserable in heaven. So leave them alone and instead focus on sharing Jesus + Gospel with people who are seeking Jesus and who would love heaven.

God bless.

Shirley

Aug 15, 2011
Ohio USA
You are joking right?

Are you saying the Bible is wrong when dealing with those who refuse to embrace Jesus + the Gospel and that we should not shake the dust of our feet as BIble says, instead hang around and pressure Atheists and Unbelievers to come to Christ and harass them over and over and threaten them and nag them day after day? Is that what you are suggesting? Because Bible contradicts you!

Don't you remember we been through this before in heaven, there were ALREADY IN HEAVEN Angels, but they came to hate God and God's government. So even if you gave Atheists and Unbelievers and Antichrists a free ticket to enter heaven, they would begin to stand against God, spread poison about God to others, try to turn others against God and eventually war would begin in heaven for the second time and they would eventually be thrown out!

You mjust understand and accept this truth... Atheists and Unbelievers and Antichrist don't want to love Jesus or accept Jesus and they do NOT want to spend eternity with Jesus in heaven. It's time you accept that.

This following verse explains exactly why the lost will be lost and not in heaven:

Notice carefully, they REFUSED to love the truth, they REFUSED to be saved, because they don't want to and would be eternally miserable in heaven. So leave them alone and instead focus on sharing Jesus + Gospel with people who are seeking Jesus and who would love heaven.

God bless.
How could they seek Jesus if they never heard? How could a person seek if no one told them? What if they never even heard? Who said anything about nagging any one. We plant a seed and leave it there. Why would you assume an athiest ever chose to reject? I would never assume someone rejected Christ. How would I know if they ever heard. I'm not saying I know how to go about this but I know for myself that God has been very patient with me so I assume he would be longsuffering to others as well. And while i am at it you seem like an argumentive person and really have not been very nice to people since you came here!!!! I'd like to see a little bit of love coming out of your mouth.

Athiests get saved!!! This is a fact! Occult members get saved= a fact! Jews get saved= a fact! Drug addicts get saved!=a fact
Murderers get saved= a fact. Backsliders return= a fact!

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
How could they seek Jesus if they never heard? ...

You are joking right? You cannot be serious?

Are you claiming that Atheists, antichrists, unbelievers and backsliders that you have met, have never heard of the name of Jesus Christ or a Bible? Yes or No?

Do something for me.. approach every single Atheist, antichrist, unbeliever and backslider that you know and ask them this question. "Have you ever heard about Jesus Christ and the Bible?" Then come back and tell me their answer.

God bless.

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are joking right? You cannot be serious?

Are you claiming that Atheists, antichrists, unbelievers and backsliders that you have met, have never heard of the name of Jesus Christ or a Bible? Yes or No?

Do something for me.. approach every single Atheist, antichrist, unbeliever and backslider that you know and ask them this question. "Have you ever heard about Jesus Christ and the Bible?" Then come back and tell me their answer.

God bless.
If it is they have heard or not heard you are to still love your enemy. Does not God make it rain on the righteous and unrighteous alike? We are to be a city on the hill, a beacon to the lost, for our Lord and Savior loved us as we were still dead in our transgressions. What you speak of is not love, but partiality, and if you continue in your false teachings, you will be guilty of being one of these you speak against. It is our Lord Jesus Christ that gave us the commission to go and spread the word to all nations alike. Who you sound like is Jonah, and the great fish waits to devour you. Who are you that you might be able to see into the hearts of men and be able to judge them? In the separation of the sheep and goats, with this concept you will surly be guilty of not giving to the least of these. If it is that by my testimony one atheist may be saved, all the glory be to God, and all of heaven rejoices. If it is one backslider may repent, a multitude of sins are covered. If it is an anti-christ is silenced by my rebuke, one less enemy may speak against God, and their error be corrected.

Reactions: Shirley

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
If it is they have heard or not heard you are to still love your enemy. ....

Yes I agree, we are to love our enemies, but Jesus also taught to shake the dust of your feet and move onto the next person if someone does not welcome you with the Good News about Jesus, agreed?

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can not say we are to attempt to beat them into submission, yet it seems you can not forgive them for their error. If it is that one does not receive my testament, maybe it is that your seed will take root. And another may come to water, but truly it is someone different that gives the need. In all finality it is God who grows, and all salvation is in His hands. He is the pruner of the vine, not us.