Hug a Cop!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Hug a Cop!

Romans 13:1 NLT
Everyone must submit to governing authorities. For all authority comes from God, and those in positions of authority have been placed there by God.

What a security blanket! I love the fact that this verse is given to us. Knowing that God’s eye is on the nations is something I am comforted by.

When I see a police officer, I am reminded that God places him in his authority for me and my safety and my good.

Whenever I hear talk that is derogatory about police or government, including heads of state, I often think of the person speaking as having problems with authority. Let’s not indulge likewise.

Read further:
“So anyone who rebels against authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and they will be punished. For the authorities do not strike fear in people who are doing right, but in those who are doing wrong. Would you like to live without fear of the authorities? Do what is right, and they will honor you. The authorities are God’s servants, sent for your good. But if you are doing wrong, of course you should be afraid, for they have the power to punish you. They are God’s servants, sent for the very purpose of punishing those who do what is wrong. So you must submit to them, not only to avoid punishment, but also to keep a clear conscience.”

Being a good citizen involves being submissive to the laws of the land, and this is also the mark of the good citizen of Heaven! Submission to government allays fear in the believer, who seeks to do what is right, while it generally stirs up fear in those who lack respect for God, who often seek to get away with lawlessness. Speaking ill of our leaders is also an insult to God, and injurious to our own walk with God. It hurts His heart for us to tear down.

God has taken care of every detail of our lives, and we in well-governed countries find our ways prosperous because of the faith of the founding fathers. God honours the pledges of these people from long ago, who toiled to form nations who would honour God and bring prosperity to their people. Many people in this world live in nations that have no godly beginnings and their governments are corrupt. We need to be praying for the citizens of such countries and out of our riches, we need to be giving offerings of relief.

Praise God Almighty for his precious favour! We mustn’t take it for granted!

Hug a cop today!

Mounties.jpg

NEW
11/03/07

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is illegal to touch anyone that in my country without their consent...it is called assault...

Shalom Shamah!

I am like.... Frozen to the bone! That post forever cured me of any desire to visit New Zealand!

Comm.Arnold

Apr 7, 2011
I don't want be negative but I heard of a fun loving guy who was a little too drunk and tried to give a cop a big bear hug, and the cop beat the living crap out him. His partner calmed him down enough so that he didn't get charged with assaulting an officer but he got fined quite a bit. I'd say don't do that.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As much evil and coldness as those guys endure I am sure they do not mind a little TLC at times. Law enforcement officers are everyday people too you know!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
My brother was a DI in the city. He was also part of the riot and the AO squad. Due to family commitments, he had then gone back to regular duty. As a member of the public, I wouldn't approach him without a legitimate reason. :huh: JMHO.

Sep 15, 2011
Russia, Obninsk between Moscow and Kaluga
Faith
Christian
Country
Russian Federation
kaoticprofit said:
Most cops I know are arrogant and corrupt hypocrites!

ENOUGH SAID!
I live in Russia and some my good acquaintances jobbed in Police not a long time and soon leaved it and became workers at plant where I job. Each of them explained me, that didn't want to become like other policemen - corrupted, hypocrites, bad-charactered.
Many of people in Russia have an opinion, that moral problems there are by Russian Police, but almost no such problems in countries such as European ones, USA, Canada, Australia...
I think myself, that the human nature in different nations is spoiled the same way. And men by power have more temptations than ordinary men. There are not so many of men, who can keep themselves from temptations being by power.
But we must know, that we could be ourselves not so good in such circumstances.

Reactions: Angelina