I’ve committed the unpardonable sin

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Seekerofthetruth

Feb 5, 2023
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I have committed the unpardonable sin. I have deliberately said evil things against the Holy Spirit and countless deliberately thought evil thoughts against the Holy Spirit. I cannot be saved. I am indifferent to this deep down. I’ve tried to seek Christ but it is in vain. I am like Cain. I know in my heart it’s too late for me. Yes the heart is deceitful but my heart is not deceiving me in this case. I know not another second is promised. I have anxiety about dying every day. God has given me over to a reprobate mind.

• Sad
Reactions: The Learner

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I have committed the unpardonable sin. I have deliberately said evil things against the Holy Spirit and countless deliberately thought evil thoughts against the Holy Spirit. I cannot be saved. I am indifferent to this deep down. I’ve tried to seek Christ but it is in vain. I am like Cain. I know in my heart it’s too late for me. Yes the heart is deceitful but my heart is not deceiving me in this case. I know not another second is promised. I have anxiety about dying every day. God has given me over to a reprobate mind.
Have you ever been saved because if you have not, you are not even on the radar. Salvation, then the Holy Spirit indwells the believer. If you blaspheme while knowing full well that the presence and the power of the HS is working in you and through you....then perhaps you may be in trouble.

sheariah07

Feb 2, 2023
Valenzuela
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
You know I have experienced that before, but here I am now, saved by the grace of God. Cry out to God to rescue you. If you'd like to talk, just let me know. God does not want anyone to perish. If you seek him, he will not cast you out. When I was also seeking God diligently, I started being tormented by evil thoughts about the Holy Spirit. But God heard my cry. Don't lose heart. He knows what you're going through and wants to help you. He is close to the brokenhearted. I attest to this. Cry out to him to have mercy on you and wait patiently.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I don't believe that you are condemned. I wrote the following OPINION piece for another group but I would like to share it with you.

God is a REFINER and NOT a destroyer!

Some of the Bible uses analogies and symbolism to convey messages. As we say nowadays, a picture is worth a thousand words. Well, I think many authors of the scriptures tried to paint pictures to the readers. In a number of verses God is compared to a “refiner”. The authors use terms that people of that era might understand and relate with a metallurgist, for example. The Bible talks a lot about “fire” but I believe that a lot of it is symbolism and NOT literal fire. Anyhow, I believe the following verses will demonstrate how God is like a refiner or a metallurgist. Why is this relevant? Because God wants to fix, purify, and mold us into becoming like Christ. He doesn’t throw his creation, made in his image (no less), into a literal fire to be tortured forever. Now, he might throw us into a “Lake of Fire” that is more like a crucible or a cauldron but it’s for the purpose of refining us and removing our impurities, just like a goldsmith might do and that’s where terms such as “sulfur” and “brimstone” come into play in the Bible. Those compounds are used for purifying. Why would God need sulfur and brimstone if the purpose was simply for us to burn forever? You might use those agents if you were trying to purify gold but you wouldn’t need them if you were burning, for example, garbage. So, the next set of verses from the Bible speak about refining and purification because God IS a refiner and NOT a destroyer!

Verses that relate to refining, purification, etc:

Malachi 3:2-3 esv

But who can endure the day of his coming, and who can stand when he appears? For he is like a refiner's fire and like fullers' soap. 3 He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver, and he will purify the sons of Levi and refine them like gold and silver, and they will bring offerings in righteousness to the Lord.

1 John 3:3 esv

And everyone who thus hopes in him purifies himself as he is pure.

Mark 9:49

For everyone will be salted with fire.

Hebrews 1:3 ESV

He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power. After making purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,

Zechariah 13:9

And I will put this third into the fire,
and refine them as one refines silver,
and test them as gold is tested.
They will call upon my name,
and I will answer them.
I will say, ‘They are my people’;
and they will say, ‘The Lord is my God.’”

1 Peter 1:7 esv

So that the tested genuineness of your faith—more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Isaiah 1:25 esv

I will turn my hand against you and will smelt away your dross as with lye and remove all your alloy

(Note: Here is a definition of “dross”)​

noun

ˈdräs

ˈdrȯs

Synonyms of dross

metallurgy : the scum or unwanted material that forms on the surface of molten metal

: waste or foreign matter : IMPURITY

: something that is base (see BASE entry 3 sense 1), trivial, or inferior

Isaiah 48:10 esv

Behold, I have refined you, but not as silver; I have tried you in the furnace of affliction

Psalm 66:10 esv

For you, O God, have tested us; you have tried us as silver is tried.

(Note: Psalms is attributed to have been written by King David, who lived about 1,000 years before Jesus).

Proverbs 17:3 esv

The crucible is for silver, and the furnace is for gold, and the Lord tests hearts.

Job 23:10 esv

But he knows the way that I take; when he has tried me, I shall come out as gold.

Jeremiah 9:7 esv

Therefore thus says the Lord of hosts: “Behold, I will refine them and test them, for what else can I do, because of my people?

Jeremiah 6:29 esv

The bellows blow fiercely; the lead is consumed by the fire; in vain the refining goes on, for the wicked are not removed.

Proverbs 25:4 esv

Take away the dross from the silver, and the smith has material for a vessel

Revelation 19:20 esv

And the beast was captured, and with it the false prophet who in its presence had done the signs by which he deceived those who had received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped its image. These two were thrown alive into the lake of fire that burns with sulfur.

2 Corinthians 3:18 esv

And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit.

Revelation 20:10 esv

And the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

(Note: Here is Revelation 20:10 as translated by Young’s Literal Translation)

Revelation 20:10 YLT

And the Devil, who is leading them astray, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where [are] the beast and the false prophet, and they shall be tormented day and night -- to the ages of the ages

God works with us in ages. What Revelation 20:10 is saying, per my understanding, is that the beast and false prophet will be thrown into the Lake of Fire for the duration of the remaining ages. Thereafter and for eternity, as the following verses will demonstrate, they too will join God so, no, their trip to the “Lake of Fire” is not forever.

Revelation 3:18 esv

I counsel you to buy from me gold refined by fire, so that you may be rich, and white garments so that you may clothe yourself and the shame of your nakedness may not be seen, and salve to anoint your eyes, so that you may see.

1 Peter 5:10 esv

And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you.

Titus 2:14 esv

Who gave himself for us to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people for his own possession who are zealous for good works.

Ezekiel 22:18-22 esv

Son of man, the house of Israel has become dross to me; all of them are bronze and tin and iron and lead in the furnace; they are dross of silver. Therefore thus says the Lord God: Because you have all become dross, therefore, behold, I will gather you into the midst of Jerusalem. As one gathers silver and bronze and iron and lead and tin into a furnace, to blow the fire on it in order to melt it, so I will gather you in my anger and in my wrath, and I will put you in and melt you. I will gather you and blow on you with the fire of my wrath, and you shall be melted in the midst of it. As silver is melted in a furnace, so you shall be melted in the midst of it, and you shall know that I am the Lord; I have poured out my wrath upon you.”

(Note: The Book of Ezekiel was written five or six hundred years before Christ appeared. Again, notice how various authors of scripture all say the same things. That is because of God!)

Psalm 12:6 esv

The words of the Lord are pure words, like silver refined in a furnace on the ground, purified seven times.

Revelation 14:10 esv

He also will drink the wine of God's wrath, poured full strength into the cup of his anger, and he will be tormented with fire and sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb.

(Note: I need to research this further but we frequently see the word “torment” a lot and I believe it’s meaning as used by the original authors has a different and restorative definition rather than the modern definition one will find in any dictionary.

There is probably more scripture along these lines, but I think this should more than suffice for the reader to understand and accept that God is a refiner, not a destroyer

sheariah07

Feb 2, 2023
Valenzuela
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
God is a REFINER and NOT a destroyer!
If a person rejects Jesus, he will be destroyed.

Acts 3:22-23 KJV
For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you. [23] And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

Burning in hell will not save you afterwards. Only Jesus can satisfy the wrath of God.

Acts 4:12 KJV
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Hebrews 10:26-27,29 KJV
For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
[27] But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
[29] Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

I'm not saying that SeekeroftheTruth is unpardonable but what you are telling him might cause him to believe something that's not true and you will bear the guilt.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If a person rejects Jesus, he will be destroyed.

Acts 3:22-23 KJV
For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you. [23] And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

Burning in hell will not save you afterwards. Only Jesus can satisfy the wrath of God.

Acts 4:12 KJV
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Hebrews 10:26-27,29 KJV
For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
[27] But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
[29] Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

I'm not saying that SeekeroftheTruth is unpardonable but what you are telling him might cause him to believe something that's not true and you will bear the guilt.

Some will face damnation but it is only for a period of time or for an "age". In the end, ALL of mankind will joyfully be with God. You and many other Christian believers have been taught false doctrine with regard to people facing "eternal" damnation.

Reactions: Wrangler

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 3:3 esv

And everyone who thus hopes in him purifies himself as he is pure.
Believers purify themselves through their belief in Christ. Others will also be purified, but it will be through "fire" as described in the Bible. In the end, ALL will be pure and ALL will join God in his kingdom on the New Earth.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ask God for forgiveness, connect with other believers and pray together.
In your prayers ask Jesus and the Holy Spirit to pray with you. See Romans 8

Reactions: Lambano

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you have committed the unpardonable sin, you are weak and need to eat and drink the body and blood of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Don't try to fix the problem, while you are still weak.

360watt

Jun 6, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The unforgivable sin in scripture was not committed by a believer. It was unsaved Pharisees calling Jesus a devil.

It's not something a believer can do.

If you are caught in sin, Jesus will convict you to change.. but He won't take away your eternal life. Eternal life is given and kept by Jesus.. not by your effort. John 5:24

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have committed the unpardonable sin. I have deliberately said evil things against the Holy Spirit and countless deliberately thought evil thoughts against the Holy Spirit.
My advice for unpardonable sins is the same as it would be for pardonable ones: Ask God for forgiveness in Jesus's name, and trust Him to pardon the unpardonable. Doing the impossible is God's specialty, you know.

You didn't ask for prayers, but being a stubborn little cuss, I decided to pray for you anyway. May that same Holy Spirit come to you and give you assurance and peace.

Reactions: Seekerofthetruth

Pet

Sep 13, 2020
Conwy
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Some will face damnation but it is only for a period of time or for an "age". In the end, ALL of mankind will joyfully be with God. You and many other Christian believers have been taught false doctrine with regard to people facing "eternal" damnation.
Your Bible is different to mine.
What did Jesus say about hell?

• Love

Space_Karen

Oct 1, 2022
west coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Try to never think or say anything negative about anyone, ever.

Then you will know when forces of evil are putting negative thoughts in your head.

As the content will be things you never think on your own.

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is what I don't often read of others. Wall text. A long post. But I was inspired and it is directed to you and your fears.

I think you have to maybe investigate all that went into compiling the Bible of today.
Man and politics played a huge role.
The first faith is to believe men who said God inspired the Bible.

One thing that has never appeared on its cover or title? The words, "God's Words".
Holy Biblios, holy book, has.

If God wanted to write a book wouldn't he insure it was perfect and unchanging forever?

There were no scribes walking with Jesus during his ministry and taking down every word he said.

Jesus Apostles delivered his gospel by word of mouth after Jesus ascended to Heaven. And this continued for centuries.
Christianity, The Way, was first an oral teaching, tradition.

The first "text",letter written to relate the gospel was hundreds of years after Christ.
And remember, there are scrolls relating to Jesus being found to this day. While the Bible you own was declared by men in councils to be, by their election, a closed canon. Meaning essentially, it is complete and God has nothing more to say.

So when you are led to believe there is such a thing as an unforgivable sin, consider what that is saying about God and the gospel itself.

In history the Bible was used as a weapon by the church.

Human politics entered into a book that was said to be the inspired words of a holy spirit. Man's dictates were conflated into holy writ.

Therein, if people were led to fear speaking truthfully about the faith, question, the book they did not own but were read by empowered clergy who were one with the state, they would be said to be questioning God. Which was not allowed. And could mean death.

Therein, saying anyone who spoke against the holy spirit would not be forgiven communicated a dire threat and future. And insured silence and no questions. Just fear and obedience.
How many Christians have you heard say we are saved also by being obedient?

Because the church was entrusted with the authority to forgive sins. Unforgiven sins meant eternal damnation and Hell.

Insuring people did not dare ask questions or question God's word.

Now, think about what you're being asked to believe when the church attributed their authority and prohibition to ask questions, talk against the holy spirit that inspired the Bible, to Jesus. Who was God on Earth.

There's a rule God says. If you speak, blaspheme, which can include asking questions because that's tantamount to questioning God and his word, it's an unforgivable sin. Which means destined to eternal Hell.

Now, consider the human condition before Salvation.

You're told you are born separated from God. With a fallen human sinful nature and until or unless Saved by Jesus, you are doomed to eternal Hell for the wages of your unrepentant sins.

Unless or until you are redeemed from your sins through Christ and the grace of God. In which case , as God's word tells you, he shall remember your sins no more.

Because they are put under the redeeming blood of himself as Jesus and by that you are eternally washed clean of them. All because Jesus paid your sin price, death, on the cross.

Now, you're suppose to believe if you question, speak, against God, as is the case of every person in their natural mind, sinner state, all that is done away because that is one sin God cannot, will not, forgive?

Omniscient, all knowing, God. Sovereign, all powerful and in total control of his creation, God, will remember that sin and NEVER forgive it?

When you are a Christian, washed clean of sin, reborn in the spirit of Christ whose Holy Spirit now indwells you, will damn you for that particular sin? And vacate all that the Gospel brought forth through God's grace to you?

Stop!

Rather than think your thoughts and words can overcome God's covenant with you, ask yourself why you feel the way you did when you committed those "sins" against the Holy Spirit.

There isn't a thought, a word, that God does not know in you.

Those who are in Christ do not make a habit of sinning. Which means we are now cognizant of what sin is.

However, this does not mean we do not question what it all means, what God's plans are, etc... Because though reborn spiritually in the spirit of God, we are still rational thinking people who have questions about God's plans when our lives are none the less impacted by worldly matters.

In short, don't let long dead men aligned with the authority vested in church and state lead you to believe there is something man can do that God will not ever forgive.

Otherwise, Jesus sacrifice to manifest, seal, a new covenant with his blood wasn't all powerful and all forgiving.

Look within to those unanswered questions that out of frustration may have led you to "blaspheme" the Holy Spirit.

And take it all to God to set the answers straight for you and your peace of mind.

Every Christian has questions as to what we're asked to believe.

Why does a sovereign Omniscient, Omnipresent, Omnipotent spirit that created all that exists, seen and unseen, inspire a book to let little lesser being mortals know "he" exists?

Especially when in that book Paul tells us all of nature is proof God exists so that we are without excuse. (If we claim there's no proof God exists .)

Why does that same eternal powerful spirit require lesser beings behave in a way that the power prescribes as pleasing to his sense of primacy? A bit like man whispering orders to an ant to insure the ant behave in a way that pleases the man's ego and sustains the man's sense of higher authority and station over the ant.

What does the whole point of a rule book , the Bible, accomplish when the reason we need to be saved from God's judgement is because God decreed us to be condemned for what Eve and Adam did.

Odd when we're later told we are all responsible for our own sins. The sins of the father will not pass to the son.

But we're condemned because the sins of the mother and father of us all sinned? And their sins passed to us and made for our fallen nature by God's will?

When he didn't forgive them for eating of a condemning tree he decreed as such because he made its fruit off limits,but still planted it there, and planted in the garden he made thereafter and judged good?

How does God's enemy disguise himself as a serpent when God is everywhere all the time and knows all eternally?

How do Eve and Adam choose to obey when they had no knowledge of right and wrong, good and evil?

If God sends us to Hell for being as he created us to be destined for that place unless he saves us, why did he let Lucifer and those follower angels live after committing the ultimate act of blasphemy and sin in Heaven? Sin in Heaven?As they sought to unseat God and take over there?

And not only let to live but cast Lucifer and those angels to earth. Making Lucifer, ha Satan, Lord here.

Lucifer warred against God and lived. If we die without Jesus we die eternally and go to the Hell God made to first receive Satan and his angels but then opened it to receive us after the future judgement of all people? Meanwhile God let's Satan continue to challenge God's authority as his adversary by tempting us ? With God's permission because God let Lucifer live after his sin?

See? At one time I'd have been burned at the stake for asking that publicly. Hanged. Guillotined.

Because that is questioning God. Blaspheming Holy Spirit.

In truth it's natural. Because God gave us an intellect that we don't lose when he gives us his Holy Spirit.

And forget the falsity that says we are born separated from God.

God says..... All that exists is of and from him.
When God is the source of all , no thing is from any other source. Not even his adversary.

Think! It's food for the soul. And stop beating yourself up thinking you're doomed for your thoughts. Look deeper and ask God why he led you to them.

Maybe because God is a spirit. And we must worship him in spirit. Not by the book.

The Bible is a guidebook. Jesus said, do not believe every spirit but test them to see if they are of God.

I think God let that enter the Bible to let us know Spirit is more powerful than mans printing press and politics.

Jesus condemned the Pharisees for worshiping the law and being blind to the spirit. And that blindness led them to want to kill Jesus. Who was God.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your Bible is different to mine.
What did Jesus say about hell?

Most English translations are garbage, but don't take my word for it. Use this Bible search tool regarding verses that say "eternal" or "everlasting". For example...

Mathew 25:46 ESV
And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.

Mathew 25:46 YLT
And these shall go away to punishment age-during, but the righteous to life age-during.

Pet

Sep 13, 2020
Conwy
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Most English translations are garbage, but don't take my word for it. Use this Bible search tool regarding verses that say "eternal" or "everlasting". For example...

Mathew 25:46 ESV
And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.

Mathew 25:46 YLT
And these shall go away to punishment age-during, but the righteous to life age-during.

universalism is not mentioned in any version of The Bible.