I Am Blessed, We Are Blessed

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

hldude33

Apr 28, 2010
“I Am Blessed, We Are Blessed”
Psalm 9:1-2 NIV
I will give thanks to you, Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonderful deeds. I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing the praises of your name, O Most High.

This past week, I have been reminded over and over again just how very much God has blessed my life. Even though I constantly feel various emotions with all that keeps happening and changing each day, I continue to remember that God is blessing me. I am waking up in the morning with a different perspective on giving God thanks most days. While it is easy some days to be flooded with all the thoughts of what I don’t have, I am reminded to be thankful for the abundance that I do have.

I have been thinking each day of so many ways God is providing and blessing me and it just overwhelms me how faithful He is. His faithfulness never ceases to amaze me!

I have a house to live in……I am blessed!
I have clothes to wear…..I am blessed!
I have my wife and kids that I love and who love me…..I am blessed!
I look in my pantry…..I am blessed!
I look in my fridge…..I am blessed!
I look in my bank account…..I am blessed because He is always providing!
I still have a job…..I am blessed!
I am healthy and so is my family…..I am blessed!

I will give thanks to the Lord Almighty because I am blessed beyond measure. I am thankful that He provides, even amidst the pandemic that doesn’t seem to end. I am not only grateful this week for all of His provisions, but I have been thinking more and more about all the people who are working constantly on the front lines keeping us safe as we stay home. They are doing so much to help and giving so much of their time and putting their lives on the line every day.

Friends, I am blessed and we are all blessed! We are blessed more than we realize. May we take time to give God thanks each day for His faithfulness as He provides.

Lord, You continue to provide for us all in many different ways. Help us to understand and realize that You will give us what we need, when we need it. Help us to be patient as we live each day, trusting that You will guide us and comfort us no matter what we are experiencing. Help us to see and remember that You are truly faithful and that will never end! We love You, Lord and we give You thanks for all the wonderful things You do. Lord, help us never forget that we are all truly blessed. May You open our eyes to that each day. Amen!

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we believe the LORD supplies all we really need and we boast we are truly blessed, then we need to test our spirit every time, in the Spirit of the Father. This shall provide the truth or not that we are being and becoming as the spirit of Christ. Whether we are thus being perfected into the image of our Saviour.

To truly believe, in faith and humility that one is genuinely blessed in life as shown by our outpouring of ecstatic joy, thankfulness and praise to our LORD, for all one has been given, means to never ponder or say one is still without and the LORD shall surely still deliver.

I know of no human that can pass this test, all the time, as we are in the flesh and the world still entices us to its desires. Then we pray and give thanks, again and again so we can stay in the Spirit of true blessing; if that is what we desire. I hope it is, as I say to my spirit, yes it is, Amen.

Bless you,

APAK

Last edited:

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I will give thanks to you, Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonderful deeds. I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing the praises of your name, O Most High.

Thank you Father,
for the gift of my son.
For displaying the power of the Holy Spirit through the intercession of your servant Saint Brother André - L'Oratoire Saint-Joseph du Mont-Royal

And especially for the gift of your Son, our Lord, Jesus Christ, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, forever and ever
Amen

Christ IS risen!
Alleluia!

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we believe the LORD supplies all we really need and we boast we are truly blessed, then we need to test our spirit every time, in the Spirit of the Father. This shall provide the truth or not that we are being and becoming as the spirit of Christ. Whether we are thus being perfected into the image of our Saviour.

To truly believe, in faith and humility that one is genuinely blessed in life as shown by our outpouring of ecstatic joy, thankfulness and praise to our LORD, for all one has been given, means to never ponder or say one is still without and the LORD shall surely still deliver.

I know of no human that can pass this test, all the time, as we are in the flesh and the world still entices us to its desires. Then we pray and give thanks, again and again so we can stay in the Spirit of true blessing; if that is what we desire. I hope it is, as I say to my spirit, yes it is, Amen.

Bless you,

APAK
Too much philosophy and not enough Joy of the Lord and it is lacking in the anointing of the Holy Spirit....
When did philosophy replace spiritual discernment?

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“I Am Blessed, We Are Blessed”
Psalm 9:1-2 NIV

This past week, I have been reminded over and over again just how very much God has blessed my life. Even though I constantly feel various emotions with all that keeps happening and changing each day, I continue to remember that God is blessing me. I am waking up in the morning with a different perspective on giving God thanks most days. While it is easy some days to be flooded with all the thoughts of what I don’t have, I am reminded to be thankful for the abundance that I do have.

I have been thinking each day of so many ways God is providing and blessing me and it just overwhelms me how faithful He is. His faithfulness never ceases to amaze me!

I have a house to live in……I am blessed!
I have clothes to wear…..I am blessed!
I have my wife and kids that I love and who love me…..I am blessed!
I look in my pantry…..I am blessed!
I look in my fridge…..I am blessed!
I look in my bank account…..I am blessed because He is always providing!
I still have a job…..I am blessed!
I am healthy and so is my family…..I am blessed!

I will give thanks to the Lord Almighty because I am blessed beyond measure. I am thankful that He provides, even amidst the pandemic that doesn’t seem to end. I am not only grateful this week for all of His provisions, but I have been thinking more and more about all the people who are working constantly on the front lines keeping us safe as we stay home. They are doing so much to help and giving so much of their time and putting their lives on the line every day.

Friends, I am blessed and we are all blessed! We are blessed more than we realize. May we take time to give God thanks each day for His faithfulness as He provides.

Lord, You continue to provide for us all in many different ways. Help us to understand and realize that You will give us what we need, when we need it. Help us to be patient as we live each day, trusting that You will guide us and comfort us no matter what we are experiencing. Help us to see and remember that You are truly faithful and that will never end! We love You, Lord and we give You thanks for all the wonderful things You do. Lord, help us never forget that we are all truly blessed. May You open our eyes to that each day. Amen!

Amen!
1 Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good; His loving devotion endures forever. 2 Let the redeemed of the LORD say so, whom He has redeemed from the hand of the enemy 3 and gathered from the lands, from east and west, from north and south.…

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
and gathered from the lands, from east and west, from north and south.…

For from the rising of the sun, even to its setting, my name is great among the nations; And everywhere they bring sacrifice to my name, and a pure offering; For great is my name among the nations, says the LORD of hosts.

Amen!

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't know guys, I have been truly protected during this crisis, as it can be argued that in some ways, things have even gotten better for me.
But, I don't consider this at all a blessing from the Lord. It's a test to see how supportive and generous that I will be with those in need (I have yet to comply).
I didn't quite understand entirely @APAK 's post, but I think it was along the lines that, let God take everything away from us, and let's see if we still considers ourselves blessed and grateful?
Paul learned how to be content in all situations, as also was expected from Job. God has not put me to that test yet, and if He does decide to, I trust that I will fail.

Last edited:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know guys, I have been truly protected during this crisis, as it can be argued that in some ways, things have even gotten better for me.
But, I don't consider this at all a blessing from the Lord. It's test to see how supportive and generous that I will be with those in need (I have yet to comply).
I didn't quite understand entirely @APAK 's post, but I think it was along the lines that, let God take everything away from us, and let's see if we still considers ourselves blessed and grateful?
Paul learned how to be content in all situations, as was expected from Job. God has not put me to that test yet, and if He does decide to, I trust that I will fail.
I don't think it was appropriate to post that in this thread.....To me this a testimony of praise and honor and glory to Our Loving Father....can we have a thread that is purely uplifting and edifying without man's philosophy in it?

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't think it was appropriate to post that in this thread.....To me this a testimony of praise and honor and glory to Our Loving Father....can we have a thread that is purely uplifting and edifying without man's philosophy in it?
Well, I agree that God is worthy of praise due to His generosity, providence and solicitude, but I just didn't want to necessarily restrict that to fair-weather situations. Yes, I was being rather cynical or accusative a bit, but only because I felt that the balance wasn't addressed in the OP, or following remarks, making me think that maybe it was slightly misguided, or deficient at least.
For, I pray for the day that I will be content in all situations, never compromising my praise and regard for God, for better or for worse.
Anything less, is questionable devotion?

Last edited:

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Too much philosophy and not enough Joy of the Lord and it is lacking in the anointing of the Holy Spirit....
When did philosophy replace spiritual discernment?
When did spiritual discernment indicate or address the subject of blessings and then adding thoughts about it, the subject in the OP? Blessings and spiritual discernment are quite different subjects.

Maybe I'm missing something here in your words. That does happen occasionally and not just from yours.

APAK

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But, I don't consider this at all a blessing from the Lord. It's a test to see how supportive and generous that I will be with those in need (I have yet to comply).
Paul learned how to be content in all situations, as also was expected from Job. God has not put me to that test yet, and if He does decide to, I trust that I will fail.

Not quite DNB although I applaud you for deducing this from my writing. It was not an intended conclusion although it is still very valid in what you said.

To me, this actually is a deep subject..not to be taken too lightly.

There are many people that view a blessing(s) from God as just things, felt, or makes one feel good, are given to them in life in times that they can observe and understand and benefits them. It may be a selfish act and not one of humility. They especially ponder on things they have and others are without in times of crisis or stress. It can be deceptive and our level of understanding of this subject of blessings is very limited. We cannot compare our observable blessings with others - if they have more or we think we have more. The concept of spiritual discernment, to tell if a 'blessing' is from God or not, is also to be considered as @Heart2Soul already mentioned.

We shall never know the depth and breadth of his blessings for us on an individual level. We thus can only pray that we are blessed as God intents for our life and our loved ones and always praise him for it. To have faith that we are sustained no matter what we perceive as gifts and benefits from God....

I guess a book could be written on this subject.

Blessings always from our Father in heaven, as he intends to provide for his purpose and in his time

APAK

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When did spiritual discernment indicate or address the subject of blessings and then adding thoughts about it, the subject in the OP? Blessings and spiritual discernment are quite different subjects.

Maybe I'm missing something here in your words. That does happen occasionally and not just from yours.

APAK
Basically I was addressing that here is a thread that reminds us to rejoice and count our blessings and give praise to our Father for He is good, supplies our every need, and desires to bless us.
It is edifying and encouraging, and brings Honor, Glory and Praise to Him.
So I was edified then your post took the OP a different direction and made it complicated and now we got to test...etc. So it just deflates the simple joy of praising God and thanking Him for His Blessings.
Make sense?
But I will say I had a heavy spirit yesterday so it can make a difference in how things are perceived.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Basically I was addressing that here is a thread that reminds us to rejoice and count our blessings and give praise to our Father for He is good, supplies our every need, and desires to bless us.
It is edifying and encouraging, and brings Honor, Glory and Praise to Him.
So I was edified then your post took the OP a different direction and made it complicated and now we got to test...etc. So it just deflates the simple joy of praising God and thanking Him for His Blessings.
Make sense?
But I will say I had a heavy spirit yesterday so it can make a difference in how things are perceived.

I do want to celebrate that we are blessed and it is an uplifting condition to be in, for all believers, whether in good times or bad. I hope I did not deflate your high spirits on this subject H2S...sorry if I did.

APAK

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do want to celebrate that we are blessed and it is an uplifting condition to be in, for all believers, whether in good times or bad. I hope I did not deflate your high spirits on this subject H2S...sorry if I did.
Hugs...it's all good. I had a heavy spirit yesterday and I probably should have just stayed off the forum. I apologize for coming down on you so harsh.
God Bless!

APAK

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not quite DNB although I applaud you for deducing this from my writing. It was not an intended conclusion although it is still very valid in what you said.

To me, this actually is a deep subject..not to be taken too lightly.

There are many people that view a blessing(s) from God as just things, felt, or makes one feel good, are given to them in life in times that they can observe and understand and benefits them. It may be a selfish act and not one of humility. They especially ponder on things they have and others are without in times of crisis or stress. It can be deceptive and our level of understanding of this subject of blessings is very limited. We cannot compare our observable blessings with others - if they have more or we think we have more. The concept of spiritual discernment, to tell if a 'blessing' is from God or not, is also to be considered as @Heart2Soul already mentioned.

We shall never know the depth and breadth of his blessings for us on an individual level. We thus can only pray that we are blessed as God intents for our life and our loved ones and always praise him for it. To have faith that we are sustained no matter what we perceive as gifts and benefits from God....

I guess a book could be written on this subject.

Blessings always from our Father in heaven, as he intends to provide for his purpose and in his time

APAK
That's true, for often misfortune comes, and ends up being a blessing in disguise. It requires a great deal of patience and wisdom to discern how certain circumstances that we find ourselves in, can be favourable or not.
Like Paul said, I will rejoice in my weakness (typically not considered a blessing).