I am Mentally Ill

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If E = mc2 then we can divide and conclude that...

Mass (m) = Energy (E/c2)

And there are three varieties...

Natural E/c2 - All mass is basically cooled plasma
Mental E/c2 - Mentally, A mathematical formula, but this has chemical and spiritual properties as well.
Spiritual E/c2 - E (motivation, warmth, love) / c2 (faith, hope, charity, joy)

If you were to stick me on the planet Mars I may have a few seconds to make sandcastles out of the iron based compounds before succumbing to the cold. Put me on the planet Venus and I would be baked as if in an oven on the way down. Compared to the intellect and power required to make this universe I am in the vicinity of being mentally ill.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Time to play with creatures closer to my mass, spirituality, and intellect. Here is a friend I have named, "pups."

pups3-jpg.325676

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And here's Henry the house mouse who visits my computer desk for tidbits i leave out for him, his intellect is off the scale and puts mine to shame; not all the greatest scientists in the world can make anything like him, they wouldn't even know where to begin..:)-

Henry.jpg

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe Albert Einstein himself was a creationist as he once said... “Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe- A spirit vastly superior to that of man, and one in the face of which we with our modest powers must feel humble.” -Albert Einstein

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Speaking of pro-creation scientists, here are some of their quotes..:)-

"A common sense interpretation of the facts suggests that a superintellect has monkeyed with physics, as well as with chemistry and biology, and that there are no blind forces worth speaking about in nature. The numbers one calculates from the facts seem to me so overwhelming as to put this conclusion almost beyond question."- Fred Hoyle (British astrophysicist): The Universe: Past and Present Reflections. Annual Review of Astronomy and Astrophysics: 20:16.

"There is for me powerful evidence that there is something going on behind it all....It seems as though somebody has fine-tuned nature’s numbers to make the Universe....The impression of design is overwhelming"- Paul Davies (British astrophysicist), The Cosmic Blueprint: New Discoveries in Nature's Creative Ability To Order the Universe. New York: Simon and Schuster, p.203.

"As we survey all the evidence, the thought insistently arises that some supernatural agency - or, rather, Agency - must be involved. Is it possible that suddenly, without intending to, we have stumbled upon scientific proof of the existence of a Supreme Being? Was it God who stepped in and so providentially crafted the cosmos for our benefit?"- George Greenstein (astronomer),1988. The Symbiotic Universe. New York: William Morrow, p.27.

"When confronted with the order and beauty of the universe and the strange coincidences of nature, it's very tempting to take the leap of faith from science into religion. I am sure many physicists want to. I only wish they would admit it."- Tony Rothman (physicist),Paradigms Lost. New York, Avon Books, p.482-483.

"When I began my career as a cosmologist some twenty years ago, I was a convinced atheist. I never in my wildest dreams imagined that one day I would be writing a book purporting to show that the central claims of Judeo-Christian theology are in fact true, that these claims are straightforward deductions of the laws of physics as we now understand them. I have been forced into these conclusions by the inexorable logic of my own special branch of physics."- Frank Tipler (Professor of Mathematical Physics), 1994 The Physics of Immortality. New York, Doubleday, preface.

"We know that nature is described by the best of all possible mathematics because God created it."- Alexander Polyakov (Soviet mathematician),Gannes, S. October 13, 1986. Fortune. p. 57

"Here is the cosmological proof of the existence of God – the design argument of Paley – updated and refurbished. The fine tuning of the universe provides prima facie evidence of deistic design. Take your choice: blind chance that requires multitudes of universes or design that requires only one"- Ed Harrison (cosmologist),Harrison, E. 1985. Masks of the Universe. New York, Collier Books, Macmillan, pp. 252, 263.

"Who created these laws? There is no question but that a God will always be needed"- Barry Parker (cosmologist),Heeren, F. 1995. Show Me God. Wheeling, IL, Searchlight Publications, p. 223.

dna-godA.jpg

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Speaking of pro-creation scientists, here are some of their quotes..:)-

"A common sense interpretation of the facts suggests that a superintellect has monkeyed with physics, as well as with chemistry and biology, and that there are no blind forces worth speaking about in nature. The numbers one calculates from the facts seem to me so overwhelming as to put this conclusion almost beyond question."- Fred Hoyle (British astrophysicist): The Universe: Past and Present Reflections. Annual Review of Astronomy and Astrophysics: 20:16.

"There is for me powerful evidence that there is something going on behind it all....It seems as though somebody has fine-tuned nature’s numbers to make the Universe....The impression of design is overwhelming"- Paul Davies (British astrophysicist), The Cosmic Blueprint: New Discoveries in Nature's Creative Ability To Order the Universe. New York: Simon and Schuster, p.203.

"As we survey all the evidence, the thought insistently arises that some supernatural agency - or, rather, Agency - must be involved. Is it possible that suddenly, without intending to, we have stumbled upon scientific proof of the existence of a Supreme Being? Was it God who stepped in and so providentially crafted the cosmos for our benefit?"- George Greenstein (astronomer),1988. The Symbiotic Universe. New York: William Morrow, p.27.

"When confronted with the order and beauty of the universe and the strange coincidences of nature, it's very tempting to take the leap of faith from science into religion. I am sure many physicists want to. I only wish they would admit it."- Tony Rothman (physicist),Paradigms Lost. New York, Avon Books, p.482-483.

"When I began my career as a cosmologist some twenty years ago, I was a convinced atheist. I never in my wildest dreams imagined that one day I would be writing a book purporting to show that the central claims of Judeo-Christian theology are in fact true, that these claims are straightforward deductions of the laws of physics as we now understand them. I have been forced into these conclusions by the inexorable logic of my own special branch of physics."- Frank Tipler (Professor of Mathematical Physics), 1994 The Physics of Immortality. New York, Doubleday, preface.

"We know that nature is described by the best of all possible mathematics because God created it."- Alexander Polyakov (Soviet mathematician),Gannes, S. October 13, 1986. Fortune. p. 57

"Here is the cosmological proof of the existence of God – the design argument of Paley – updated and refurbished. The fine tuning of the universe provides prima facie evidence of deistic design. Take your choice: blind chance that requires multitudes of universes or design that requires only one"- Ed Harrison (cosmologist),Harrison, E. 1985. Masks of the Universe. New York, Collier Books, Macmillan, pp. 252, 263.

"Who created these laws? There is no question but that a God will always be needed"- Barry Parker (cosmologist),Heeren, F. 1995. Show Me God. Wheeling, IL, Searchlight Publications, p. 223.

View attachment 27943
I had to research that one a little more, thanks… Antony Flew, an English philosopher and outspoken atheist who stunned and dismayed the unbelieving faithful when he announced in 2004 that God probably did exist. He was best known, however, for his books arguing against the existence of God and for atheistic principles. “Theology and Falsification,” a short paper presented to the Socratic Club at Oxford and published in 1950, brought him immediate attention. In a little more than 1,000 words, it argued that the idea of God is philosophically meaningless, since it cannot be falsified, that is, believers cannot posit an instance that would cause them to deny the existence of God. Genuine assertions, by contrast, can be falsified. These are the four scientific evidences, and philosophical implications, which convinced Flew that God exists:
  1. The Laws of Nature require a Law-Giver
  2. The finely-tuned universe requires a Fine-Tuner
  3. The origin of life requires an Originator
  4. The origin of the universe requires a Big Banger
1551192765-fc297a86738682a8fecb17c542e77ef2.jpg

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I put this humble little grass seed on a pad of moist tissue and within days it'd sprouted bless its little cotton socks, and notice the thin root filaments its put out to absorb the water in the bottom pic..:)
Scientists can scan such seeds and x-ray, dissect, examine them under an electron microscope, list the chemical components and map their atomic and molecular structure etc but neither they nor all the great industrial technology and might in the whole world can actually MAKE one..:)

seed1.jpg

Last edited:

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Some years ago I bought Dawkin's book 'Climbing Mount Improbable' to get an overview of cutting-edge evolutionist thinking but it was so full of holes, missing links, speculation and guesswork that it was a waste of money.
For example I was hoping for a detailed step-by-step analysis of how the eye developed, but was left dumbstruck and wide-eyed by his shallow "explanation"-
"It is not difficult then for rudimentary lens-like objects to come into existence spontaneously.
Any old lump of halfway transparent jelly need only assume a curved shape" (Richard Dawkins: 'Climbing Mount Improbable', page146)
So he's basically saying the lens "spontaneously" appeared out of nowhere, as did a lump of jelly which then decided to curve itself..:)

cat-dawks.jpg

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what is up with the title?
I started out to say that the ability to create and exist in this universe makes my ability to create and exist seemingly small. I was greatly aided by the input of a Mr. @Dropship. So many here, though, will put a tiny bit of study into some topic and come out as if they know it all.

Reactions: marks

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
what is up with the title?
Yes when I saw the title, I was filled with compassion to respond to it until I noticed it was a joke or something. I have a mental health issue that I'm still dealing with though things still help. I don't understand the title though in connection with the context.

Reactions: marks and lilygrace

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes when I saw the title, I was filled with compassion to respond to it until I noticed it was a joke or something. I have a mental health issue that I'm still dealing with though things still help. I don't understand the title though in connection with the context.
This is a "Christianity and Science" forum. In which...

Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. - 1 Corinthians 2:13-14

Foolish... fool·ish / (of a person or action) lacking good sense or judgment; unwise.

In which... There are times when the people of the world count we Christian people with issues.

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is a "Christianity and Science" forum. In which...

Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. - 1 Corinthians 2:13-14

Foolish... fool·ish / (of a person or action) lacking good sense or judgment; unwise.

In which... There are times when the people of the world count we Christian people with issues.
Oh I see. it's a Christianity and Science forum. Anyway, I'm not a very advanced Christian yet, still in the learning process, but I have certain beliefs in truth still from the Word.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh I see. it's a Christianity and Science forum. Anyway, I'm not a very advanced Christian yet, still in the learning process, but I have certain beliefs in truth still from the Word.
No problem with that! I was trying to count myself foolish compared to the intellect, spirituality and ability of God the Father.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Here's Dawkin's "explanation" of how flight evolved, count the number of "guesses" and "perhapses" in it..;)-
"My guess is that both bats and birds evolved flight by gliding downwards from the trees.. Here’s one guess as to how flying got started in birds.. Perhaps birds began by leaping off the ground while bats began gliding out of trees. Or perhaps birds too began by gliding out of trees. (Climbing Mt Improbable pp. 113–4)
So according to him, wingless animals hopped around like jack-in-the-boxes or dived out of trees and got splatted on the ground until suddenly they began sprouting wings out of nowhere..:)

Reactions: marks and BeyondET

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
..I'm not a very advanced Christian yet, still in the learning process..

You're a Christian so you're already far advanced ahead of people who aren't, so you're a world-beater..:)
"Who has beaten the world? Whoever believes Jesus is the Son of God" (1 John 5:5)
Some Christians think they have to continually do intensive bible study but Paul warned them-
"I am worried lest you be led astray from the simplicity of Christ" (2 Cor 11:3)

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am currently studying the life and works of Gregor Mendel, the father of modern genetics, a man of prayer, faith and science. Wow! Am I in for a lot of learning!

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's Dawkin's "explanation" of how flight evolved, count the number of "guesses" and "perhapses" in it..;)-
"My guess is that both bats and birds evolved flight by gliding downwards from the trees.. Here’s one guess as to how flying got started in birds.. Perhaps birds began by leaping off the ground while bats began gliding out of trees. Or perhaps birds too began by gliding out of trees. (Climbing Mt Improbable pp. 113–4)
So according to him, wingless animals hopped around like jack-in-the-boxes or dived out of trees and got splatted on the ground until suddenly they began sprouting wings out of nowhere..:)
Wonder what he thinks of flying fish. lol

Attachments

• fish_flying-fish_600x300.jpg
    fish_flying-fish_600x300.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: Dropship