I am not selling the 1000 years a day theory

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

reddneo

Apr 13, 2008
I am not selling the 1000 years a day theory. God's Word uses Genesis 1:1 to Genesis 2:3 to introduce the Seven Days of Creation. Starting at Genesis 2:4 and continuing to Revelation 22:21, details of those days are revealed. Genesis 1:1 through Genesis 2:3 gives the complete history of man, however brief, from creation unto everlasting, within a seven day format. A history extrapolated from remaining Scriptures by key terms and relevant events; beginning on the First Day with the generations of the heaven and the earth and ending on the Seventh Day, when at the ending of Time there is the completion of the formulation of Man in the Kingdom of God. The saga begins in Genesis 2:4 with the key term, “generations” (in Hebrew, תולדות: transliteration, towlĕdah), and with this term is recorded advance in days of the First Trimester.kenneth g//

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
God is not subject to time (4th dimension). Therefore he's everlasting and eternal. There are no days or nights to God. The 1000 human years to 1 day for God only gives us a glimpse of how eternity is like.

Super Kal

Nov 27, 2007
sometimes, people I know tend to take this verse literally... this is just a metaphor of how God perceives time, right?... I mean, for all we know, it could be 20,000 years to us and one second to Him, right?

arniem

Mar 17, 2008
(Super Kal;46919)
... this is just a metaphor of how God perceives time, right?... I mean, for all we know, it could be 20,000 years to us and one second to Him, right?
Yes , I think that was always the intent , God does not have a clock on his wall. Time as we know it is meaningless to God . He is eternal.Arnie M.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
The name of this thread is insulting it isnt a theory its what your Father says. You are the ones with the theories not God. You can interpret however you all like the fact is When you are told be not ignorant of this thing God is going to tell you exactly what he means it is not a metaphor for eternity or anything else. He could have used the words forever or eternity or anything he wanted he choose this and put in this form because it is exactly what he met.So essentially you have all decided that God didn't really mean what he says because it doesn't fit in with what men have told you of scripture. Or as in Reddneo case he has developed his own explanations so Gods Word should be dismissed because it messes up his own ideas . So you guys have decided you know more than God?DO you guys not get this was a great mystery God has blessed you by telling you this because you need the knowledge to rightly interpt the Word and HIS time frames NOT YOUR OWN and you throw it back in his face and, say, oh we got our own ideas that we use, So thanks God, but no thanks we dont need your info. Well you buy anything you like but when God tells me not to be ignorant about something And then tells me what I need to know I going to believe him.2Pe 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day [is] with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.So you guys go right ahead and follow your own interpretations to make the Word fit your own ideas its much more convenient then listening to your Father.Heres another "be not ignorant" scripture that you can all chose to ignore, according to your reasoning, God must not really mean it just because he says it.Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. But hey what does God know (sarcasim here)

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
(reddneo;46902)
I am not selling the 1000 years a day theory.kenneth g//
We are told in 2 Peter 3:8 "that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day."All that means is that there is no such thing as time to God Who is "from everlasting, and to everlasting". Psalms 41:13 Unlike us, God is not limited by time and space.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
No it doesnt Jon-Marc thats my point it means exactly what it says God used the term 4 times in very particular places to reveal mysteries or Say somthing important IT MEANS WHAT HE SAYS 1day with God is as 1000 years (to man) 1000 =1 day1 day =1000 same as saying 24 hrs =1 day..........1 day = 24 hrs God is simply telling you this fact from his perspective(heavens) and from our perspectivem (on earth)There is nothing in this statement about eternity IT IS EXACT AS GOD INTENDED IT TO BEanyone doubing that should be questioning your motiveWell you buy anything you like but when God tells me not to be ignorant about something And then tells me what I need to know I going to believe him.

Super Kal

Nov 27, 2007
he may be coming across as ignorant, kriss, but from my perspective, your post came across as a bit offensive... we're all here to learn about our Father, not to point fingers and make other feel like fools... I know that wasn't your intention to do so, but that's just how the post came across as.personally, I see 2 Peter 3:8 as a way of explaining how God perceives time. I remember reading somewhere that a second to God would be counting every grain of sand on a beach

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Well if you read the scripture Kal you will see you are MISTAKENI called no one ignorant THOSE ARE GODS WORDS IT IS HE THAT SAYS DO NOT BE IGNORANT not me if you chose to not listen when God says DO NOT BE IGNORANT the problem is yours He said it for a reason.2Pe 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day [is] with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.1 day w/ God =1000 years (on earth)1000 years (on earth)= 1 day (to God)God Says DO NOT BE IGNORANT OF THIS FACT

Mar 26, 2008
I would like to point out here about the way Peter said it to the church: 8 "But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day" Love one to another has to be always in our minds and hearts when talking to a brother in the faith. Let theLord Adonai receive always all the glory HalleluJah!!

Super Kal

Nov 27, 2007
(kriss;46935)
Well if you read the scripture Kal you will see you are MISTAKENI called no one ignorant THOSE ARE GODS WORDS IT IS HE THAT SAYS DO NOT BE IGNORANT not me if you chose to not listen when God says DO NOT BE IGNORANT the problem is yours He said it for a reason.2Pe 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day [is] with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.1 day w/ God =1000 years (on earth)1000 years (on earth)= 1 day (to God)God Says DO NOT BE IGNORANT OF THIS FACT
I'll admit I was wrong in how I thought of it, but you seriously need to stop with the yelling.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I was making a point Kal because you all seem to be ignoring and just glossing overthe importance of Gods words heresorry if you thought I was yelling at you

Super Kal

Nov 27, 2007
i can understand that, but just know, you can make a point without using capital letters
smile.gif
I've been reading a bible study about 2 Peter chapter 3, and I'm not debating on what verse 8 says, but it does strike me as a bit weird that it's only a thousand years... you'd think that since this is God that we're talking about, since He exists outside of space and time, there would be no limit to the difference of how He perceives time.we're all learning here
smile.gif

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
God is telling you a mystery here he is not telling you how long he's been around we already know that he's telling you how he uses time to implement his plan on earth if time doesn't matter why did he spend verse after verse telling us about years,days,months, he is revealing a secret and its and important one if he wanted it to mean eternity he would have said that.

Mar 26, 2008
There's nothing to be sorry about Kriss, I'm sure that you are a mature woman in the faith therefore you can understand that I was not judging you by any means, just asking you a question to see what were your intentions by quoting that prov verse. Hashem Adonai bless you and all your family!

Super Kal

Nov 27, 2007
(kriss;46952)
God is telling you a mystery here he is not telling you how long he's been around we already know that he's telling you how he uses time to implement his plan on earth if time doesn't matter why did he spend verse after verse telling us about years,days,months, he is revealing a secret and its and important one if he wanted it to mean eternity he would have said that.
then what is this secret He's trying to tell us?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Alls well MyLord
smile.gif
I just mean that when I see my brethren glossing over important words of God I will speak loudly if necessary because I want them to think. To be silent would not be to showing love to them. My words may have been better chosen but my heart was right.

Mar 26, 2008
Ohh yes there's no doubt in my mind your heart is right in front of our God's eyes!! Thank you for your kindness and sincere words Kriss. I do apologize if my words meant another thing to you.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Super Kal;46955)
then what is this secret He's trying to tell us?
That one day in heaven is the same as a thousand years on earth it is his time set for dealing with man and this agehe wants us to know this for several reasons one it explains why he says he is not slack in his coming as some men count slackness, in heaven he was here 2 days ago it also tells us that when he says the millieum is 1000 years he means 1000 years it is the key to time throughout scripture but espically in Rev.thats why we need to know it thats why he tells us this for example in Rev. it says there is silence in heaven for 1/2 hour after Satan gets kicked out what does that mean? it makes little sense unless you realize that 1/2 hr in Gods time, heaven time is the time between Satan getting kicked out of heaven and the Abomination of desolation. Then you can understand that God is saying after the accusser was kicked out of heaven things were quite becausing he was no longer their accusing us. ........Until Antichrist claims he is God then God starts to prepare for war against Antichrist and prepare for his second coming. It tells us much more but I hope you start to see the importance of this