I Don't Know How to Feel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When it comes to Jesus' death on the cross. For one it makes me feel sad,.. but for another it makes me feel happy that He loved me (and everyone else here but it sort of goes without saying) enough to die for me,.. but if I start feeling to happy or thinking about how upset I would be if He hadn't died for me because I wouldn't get to go to Heaven then I start feeling selfish. :( It's all very confusing to me on how I'm supposed to feel. :confused:

Reactions: Nancy

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When it comes to Jesus' death on the cross. For one it makes me feel sad,.. but for another it makes me feel happy that He loved me (and everyone else here but it sort of goes without saying) enough to die for me,.. but if I start feeling to happy or thinking about how upset I would be if He hadn't died for me because I wouldn't get to go to Heaven then I start feeling selfish. :( It's all very confusing to me on how I'm supposed to feel. :confused:
Life is temporal AR, what occurs down here, as far as the little good that there is, will be nothing compared to the blessings that we will receive if we make it to heaven.
For Christ's suffering, God exalted him above everything in the universe, why would anyone feel sorry for him in the larger scope of things? Many martyrs have died much worse deaths, physically speaking, they too will receive a commensurate reward.
Love God for the grace that He offered us, and love Jesus for loving God as we were all supposed to do, but didn't (with all our heart, mind and soul).
The best way to say thank you is to emulate Jesus' love towards all, as much as possible, ...especially in regard to the Father.

Reactions: Nancy

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The best way to say thank you is to emulate Jesus' love towards all, as much as possible, ...especially in regard to the Father.
even those who are told to 'get lost'?

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
'what you have done to the least of these, you've done it unto me'.....Jesus
You need to watch your mouth, buddy, you're acting like a punk!
Don't play hypocrite, buddy.

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You need to watch your mouth, buddy, you're acting like a punk!
Don't play hypocrite, buddy.
Perhaps you could point out the hypocrisy instead of throwing the word around as a projection.
...and name calling earns you no brownie points either DNB.....what it does is reveal desperation.....further compounding your projection

Reactions: April_Rose

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I just trust that He is God, and will take care of things.

Understand something: Jesus was crucified from the foundation of the world. That means God had it in His plan all along that the Lamb of God would be slain. Why? Because He had it in mind to build a perfect kingdom that would last forever, and that no one would ever question the right of the King of kings to rule over it forever. He will have died for everyone who was admitted into it.

So the way I "feel" about it is that He is my Lord, and has every right to be. I should show proper appreciation for who He is and what He has done for me by submitting to Him as Lord, and letting Him have rule over my life, both now and forevermore.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Perhaps you could point out the hypocrisy instead of throwing the word around as a projection.
...and name calling earns you no brownie points either DNB.....what it does is reveal desperation.....further compounding your projection
The mods agreed and took down your post, so knock off your act of oblivion.