I don't think I fully understand how God works.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wayne

Oct 30, 2011
I mean I will say I am Christian and follow God as best as I can but we all know that mean I still got a lot of work to do. When I am going strong into God and stuff will started looking up great for me but then after a while it will flat line. It seem like God has turn his back on me but I know that God has not but I am still stuck wondering what am I doing wrong. I know I should try to read the bible every day and pray. I been praying a little more then I used to but I think it also for wrong reason because I been in pain. So, I mostly been praying for the pain to go away and nothing really rest. I hope that you guys can help me find peace in God.

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
When does the gardner do the most pruning, on an old and tall tree or a young and new sappling?

The same for new Christians. We have so many wild shoots and spurrs that we require the most radical removal of the things of this world.

Sometimes our pleas are met with silence. Not because God doesn't care, but because He wants us to realize on our own what we may be championing is not where our attention should be.

You know I'm right.

Reactions: jiggyfly

gregg

Oct 16, 2009
arab
wayne your not alone.even in old times they had the same feelings.look at king david,theirs a whole chapter-book-about his lonelyness and moses 40 years in the desert,he had to think twice about his life-they all fell short so just hang in and PATIENCELY press on in love :unsure: :blink: :eek: :rolleyes: sogj

Reactions: gregg

ttruscott

Feb 3, 2012
Wet Coast of Canada
I have friends who define their relationship with Jehovah as extacy but when they don't feel it, they doubt because they have no foundation. The problem is that some other friends have the same relationship with their god and they are Buddhists, Hindus and animistic believers. My faith survives the times of drought because I know the path and I know my calling; my faith has grown immensly with my understanding of HIS reality and HIS plan for our lives, <shrug>.

I'm not saying this will be true for everyone but HE sometimes seems to hold back when HE wants me to make a change because it forces me to becom involved and to seek HIS will. So while I search about in my heart, I can still stay grounded in faith because of my foundation in HIS teachings and knowing HIS voice.

Peace, Ted

7angels

Aug 13, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
wayne

you are going through what every christian goes through from time to time in their lives. every time you start to grow in an area is when the devil and his posse do most of their attack on you because that is when you are most vulnerable. you will notice that most times you will get the most flak from family and friends then you do from others because relatives that are close to you have the most influence in your life. but we need to just believe by faith that what we learned is truth and even when we don't feel like things are working we need to keep our faith. it is when we lose our faith that we need to repent and then get back on track with the will of God. when we are faithful in a little God will give us more but if we cannot even keep what God has given us then God will not give us more until we can.

i hope this helps

God bless

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well,if all that kinda helped...maybe read the 'Battlefield of the Mind' by Joyce Meyers.

You are a beautiful vessel of God's Love and Peace and Joy, Wayne.

But, you've taken your cup out from under the spicket sp? of His eternal
flow of love, peace and joy.

He didn't go anywhere, He's not trying to test or teach you anything, you got distracted...into whatever.
A warrior doesn't stop to lick his wounds - he gets back up and fights.

Place yourself like an empty cup sitting in silence and wait for Him..stop praying or begging - God doesn't respond to
our tears....what pleases Him is our faith and our focus on Him.

There's the rocky road and then there's the clear, blue, gorgeous sky...where are you going to put your attention?

It's all about where we place our focus...unemotionally...like a sentry, a warrior in battle with
an invisible enemy between our ears.

Put on your armor...

That's my pep talk - I'm on auto pilot I've said that to myself so many times for years.
Just focus on feeling His Divine Presence.

xxoo

thisistheendtimes

Mar 3, 2008
MAN has taught us many lies.

If you do not LET GOD BE INSIDE OF YOU, then you are going to have CALL OUT to Him ("pray to" Him).....this is logical....oh yes it is).

Most of what Jesus said 2,000 years ago was said to OTHER PEOPLE (this is COMMON SENSE LOGIC).....oh yes it is.

We should make distinctions about what is relevant to us and our devotions today. The "doctrine of Christ" (Christ and Him crucified) is the ONLY doctrine that we should be concerned with.

The "doctrine"/teaching about what Jesus did has been DONE/accomplished. Our relationship devotion should no longer depend on what has been "DONE"/finalized. We should MOVE ON (go "ahead") to a "more excellent" devotion (1 Corinthians 12:31) that is based on "the greatest of these" (1 Corinthians 13:13).

MAN has taught us ONLY "milk", and has not taught "SOLID FOOD" (many ministers don't truly care about our soul, they just NEED our money in the collection plate).

"MAN" (the 6th day creation) wants to play the role of FATHER, SON, AND HOLY SPIRIT (3 sixes),.....THAT is the 666 stumbling block.....("it is a human number", Revelation 13:18 in the RSV).

"I will answer him MYSELF" (Ezekiel 14:4)...THAT is the reason for the ever-present "strong delusion",....NO, the strong delusion is NOT a FUTURE event.

666 is not the number of a 'seventh day creation' (a new creation,,,,"living, breathing, soul" like Adam before the fall in the Garden of Eden), it is the number of a "sixth day creation (fallen man). God wants to "RESTORE" us to be a "living, breathing, soul".

God does not want to be our "master", He wants to be "ABBA FATHER" to us so we can be SONS OF HIS.

"lover of goodness, master of himself" (Titus 1:8).

Do you have the courage and strength of heart to leave the 'status quo' of what has always been taught by man?. Only if you forsake man and his ways will you be able to understand the "DEPTHS of God" (1 Corinthians 2:10), then you can have "eyes to see".

Become a "living, breathing, soul" that loves GOD ONLY for DIVINE spirituality and goodness. Mankind seeks to glorify itself for what is divine. Do not have a "corban" devotion, give God what is rightfully HIS (ALL of the GLORY).

God will help you find the 'God seed' that is inside of you (if you decide to "MOVE ON" to "solid food"),....and when you find it, the "anointing" will occur (then you will understand more of what HE DECIDES you should know.....IF and WHEN He decides that you should know).

Hebrews 6:1
"Therefore let us leave the elementary doctrine of Christ and go on to maturity, not laying again a foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God".

I have faith in the laws of physics, but I don't love them. No longer only believe that He exists (faith "TOWARD" God), but also have faith that He is KIND/LOVING.

Romans 1:17 "FAITH FOR faith".................................Hebrews 11:6 "AND that He is a REWARDER".....(not a punisher, "PERFECT LOVE casts out fear").

Why be afraid of satan?.....If His spirit is INSIDE OF YOU, then the combination of His Spirit and your spirit will repel satan (satan has no HOLD on a righteous man...can only TEMPT).

2 Thessalonians 2:6 "And you know what is restraining him now so that he may be revealed in his time".

The "word" became FLESH, not 'TEXT'.....

Acts 13:48 "they were glad and glorified the word of God".

Colossians 1:5 "the word of the truth, the gospel of salvation".

God will show you that Peter the denier made the wrong choice at the "Incident at Antioch"....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incident_at_Antioch

Acts 11:26 happened around 50 A.D. (17 years after the crucifixion). The Jews that had come to Christ no longer wanted to be MEMBERS OF "the Way", Acts 9:2 and 19:9.

You will understand why Jesus said to Peter "you are not on the side of God" (Matthew 23:18).

Do you want to be a SON of His?.....then He must be "FATHER" to you.

Romans 8:15

"For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the spirit of sonship. When we cry, "Abba! Father!"

Deuteronomy 32:8 "separated the sons of MEN".

Psalm 53:2 "that seek after God".

John 14:6......."I am the way, the truth, and the life" (ETERNAL life).

"it is the Spirit himself bearing witness with our spirit that we are children of God" (Romans 8:16).

All verses are from the RSV.

CORRECTION/CLARIFICATION on the previous post.

....................."Why be afraid of satan? (I should have made the next word the beginning of a new paragraph.....like this)

.....If GOD'S (should have clarified this gramatically) spirit is INSIDE OF YOU, then the combination of His Spirit and your spirit will repel satan (satan has no HOLD on a righteous man...can only TEMPT).

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
I've been born again for 49 years the 18th of this month, and there's a lot I don't understand about God and will never be able to explain, things like (1) The fact that He has always existed and never had a beginning. (2) How He can know everything, past, present, and future. (3) How He can be everywhere at the same time. (4) How He has unlimited power, and there is no one else like Him. (5) How He knows our every thought and desire--even before we do. (6) Why He would send His Son to die for wretched sinners instead of just destroying them and starting over. (7) Why and how He could love such sinful creatures as us. (8) Why He is so forgiving and patient with us as we fail over and over. (9) Why He would want us to live with Him eternally. The list goes on, but that's good for now.

We have no need to fear the devil, because he has already lost. He lost when the Lamb of God was sacrificed on the cross. He is a defeated foe, and time will prove that fact. There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, and one day we will bow before Jesus and cast any crowns we may have at His feet and proclaim Him to be Lord!

Reactions: aspen and Angelina

Warrior

Apr 18, 2012
God worked with a message back in 2007 to me and my family. I believe he spoke through my dying Grandfather. When he was out of energy and sick, He sat up and opened his eyes wide. He told my Mom "BE VERY CAREFUL IN THIS WORLD, I AM WELL AWARE." I knew he has seen the afterlife. He has seen the Lord. He has seen his eternity. He told us a message from the Lord himself. I wasnt there, but my mom heard it. I will remember this forever.

God works in mysterious ways right? One time Me and my sister saw binoculours in the sky "Sorry for spelling). God works through dreams. He loves us, and wants to give us a message and never fall to this world, for the earth is never as good as the eternal Love he has in store for us. Read the Holy Bible. That is real truth. Pray and pray, fast and pray and He will answer you and give you more understanding. :D

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
NO one can fully understand God and how He works. If we could, that would make us equal to God. His mind is infinite; ours are finite. His ways are perfect and incomprehensible to us. We are not commanded to understgand God, but we are told to call upon Him for forgiveness and salvation, to live for Him once we are regenerated and made alive in Christ, to love others, to love God with all our heart, mind, body and soul, and to live before others in a way that will cause them to want to know what it is that we have that makes us loving and full of peace. In a troubled world, people are looking for peace, and we need to show them that they can find that peace in the Prince of Peace, the Lamb of God Who forgives us of all our sins.