I don't want to talk about it!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This thread is probably going to get highly electrified. I just ask before I pose a question,
to please, if the topic bothers you intensly and you want move along.. that's perfectly ok.
Don't feel you have to participate in something that makes you uncomfortable.

I am aware I put this in the Debate Forum and it needs to be debated or at least discussed.
It's basically what's tearing this country apart right now.
What is called Social Justice, Racism, and Equality for all.
Think of it as a 3-in-1 topic.

I am a 55 y/o white woman. I grew up in the city of Boston right when the bussing started.
I never been a racist. I never looked at a person's skin color. I always went by their character.
I'm not sure what Social Justice is, and I don't know what is meant by Equality for all.
I believe in the Constitution and that we are all equal in the eyes of God.
And that we are all under one law.
Now some say that only applies to some people, mainly white ones.
And though I know a little about the Jim crow laws and segregation..
I never studied it.

I talk to people in the live chats and they tell me, if I can't see color then I'm a racist.
If I can't see the injustice between white people and people of color, I'm a nazi.
They don't hold back either. They spit it at you.

Now maybe there some people that are in this Forum that is a person of color, or feels the racial injustice or inequality.
As a church, as the family of God, we need to work this out together.
I'm hoping to hear from all different points of view about what we can do
to mend this rift.
When we go to heaven, I don't think Jesus is checking skin colors at the door.
Just saying..

What say you?
MUCH LOVE
and prayers for this discussion
AMEN

HUGS

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now maybe there some people that are in this Forum that is a person of color
I find that term extremely racist. Folks need to understand what it truly means and stop using it.

It basically means... "Everyone except White People".

How is that 'inclusive'? It is another phrase used to divide. Now, let's use them in a sentence...

"People of color should be respected"

Translation...

"Everyone except White People should be respected"

See the problem?

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find that term extremely racist. Folks need to understand what it truly means and stop using it.

How is that 'inclusive'? It is another phrase used to divide. Now, let's use them in a sentence...

Translation...

See the problem?

I say White people and Black people like when describing my dreams or when I see people. I find some find that offensive. Not every Black person is from Africa, and like not every "person of color" is Hispanic. She is trying to make the point of the injustice she sees when it comes to race. So no, I do not see why it is an offensive term. Everyone should be respected regardless of color, and I believe this is what she is trying to get across. I believe if people would try and listen to what is being said instead of being offended by "political correctness" of terms, that would help mend the rift. It is not a bad name when referring to a group of people. Because it is not just Black and White people that are affected by this. And White is a color too, you know. I am White and want to be respected too. And Folk is an extremely country term. ^_^

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"White Privilege" is another extremely racist term that needs to be recognized as such.

Nothing but Propaganda for the ignorant, paid for by Soros and Co.

This term does strike me wrong, but I understand the message behind it. If you are White, in some places you are respected more.

Reactions: Nancy and Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Translation...

See the problem?
I actually looked up that term "people of color".
And I found out that it means the very word we all try to avoid. the "N" word.
Seems in Europe in the early days, or maybe not so early, they used the proper "N" word to describe all people
of other races.
So we just truly exchanged one racist term for another.
I just don't think people took the time to research it thoroughly.

But I agree with you. I feel it is just as racist and it divides no less than any other slang or derogative name for people.
Thank you for your reply
Hugs

Last edited:

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I say White people and Black people like when describing my dreams or when I see people. I find some find that offensive. Not every Black person is from Africa, and like not every "person of color" is Hispanic. She is trying to make the point of the injustice she sees when it comes to race. So no, I do not see why it is an offensive term. Everyone should be respected regardless of color, and I believe this is what she is trying to get across. I believe if people would try and listen to what is being said instead of being offended by "political correctness" of terms, that would help mend the rift. It is not a bad name when referring to a group of people. Because it is not just Black and White people that are affected by this. And White is a color too, you know. I am White and want to be respected too. And Folk is an extremely country term. ^_^
This really is a sensitive topic and I appreciate your wording.
And listening is critical that's for sure.
I'm wondering if there is a way we can get "above" the narrative?
No colors at all, or everyone is called by the color they are..
It doesn't matter to me if the guy who just went into the market is black white brown red yellow. it's just a guy.
The only time I think it should be specified is if you done something wrong and the police are looking for you/
That's just the way I feel
Thank You
HUGS

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I actually looked up that term "people of color".
And I found out that it means the very word we all try to avoid. the "N" word.
Seems in Europe in the early days, or maybe not so early, they used the proper "N" word to describe all people
of other races.
So we just truly exchanged one racist term for another.
I just don't think people took the time to research it thoroughly.

But I agree with you. I feel it is just as racist and it divides no less than any other slang or derogative name for people.
Thank you for your reply
Hugs

Today I learned that "lucid" dreaming means like "guided" dreaming where you know what you are doing in a dream. I thought it just meant detailed dreaming.

I just use that as an example, because I realize how important terms are, but like there is "person of color" term, then there is the noun to describe a person place or thing. It is sad people use that as a bad term. It "confuses" the communication when people who are not racist come along. Which I believe is a lot more these days.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I talk to people in the live chats and they tell me, if I can't see color then I'm a racist.
You (as well as every sane person) knows that that is TOTAL NONSENSE. Just ignore them and move on
If I can't see the injustice between white people and people of color, I'm a nazi.
The race card began to be used when Barack Obama came on the scene. Race relations had normalized in the USA by that time, and many blacks had prospered, attained high positions in government,
and racism was becoming a thing of the past.

But purely for political power, some blacks chose to inflame racial tensions, and now you have BLM, which is a domestic terrorist organization, claiming to care about black lives, but in fact destroying black people, their homes, their businesses, and their livelihoods. These thugs should have been locked up but have been allowed to wreak havoc by Democratic governors, mayors, AGs,etc. They are being led literally by a couple of witches.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today I learned that "lucid" dreaming means like "guided" dreaming where you know what you are doing in a dream. I thought it just meant detailed dreaming.

I just use that as an example, because I realize how important terms are, but like there is "person of color" term, then there is the noun to describe a person place or thing. It is sad people use that as a bad term. It "confuses" the communication when people who are not racist come along. Which I believe is a lot more these days.
Racist doesn't mean what we think it does either.. any more.
It simply means, you don't think like me, your racist.
Otherwise they wouldnt be attacking their own and they are.
HUGS

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Racist doesn't mean what we think it does either.. any more.
It simply means, you don't think like me, your racist.
Otherwise they wouldnt be attacking their own and they are.
HUGS

I haven't caught that. So true though. It definitely is a communication problem. People aren't listening.

Reactions: amadeus and Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You (as well as every sane person) knows that that is TOTAL NONSENSE. Just ignore them and move on

The race card began to be used when Barack Obama came on the scene. Race relations had normalized in the USA by that time, and many blacks had prospered, attained high positions in government,
and racism was becoming a thing of the past.

But purely for political power, some blacks chose to inflame racial tensions, and now you have BLM, which is a domestic terrorist organization, claiming to care about black lives, but in fact destroying black people, their homes, their businesses, and their livelihoods. These thugs should have been locked up but have been allowed to wreak havoc by Democratic governors, mayors, AGs,etc. They are being led literally by a couple of witches.
I looked into them.They use hash tags and call the names like calling up spirits.
Now they are burning flag AND Bibles. Demons are on the loose.
But they play on their emotions. And the things they are teaching in schools about how bad white people are. And I don't think parents really know what's going on.
Obama used to be a "grassroots" organizer in chicago before he became senator.
Those roots go deep, real deep. And Hillary got her hand on his spine and strings on his hands.
I agree
HUGS

Reactions: Enoch111 and TLHKAJ

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are many things at work here and its a complex issue.

1- racism has existed for millenniums.
2- it has always existed in the U.S.
3- its not going to stop
4- mans fallen/sinful nature it at work and its ingrained in mankind
5- only a relationship with Christ can break down those barriers( Galatians 3:28; 1 Corinthians 12:13; Colossians 3:11)
6- racism begins in the home so its the parents responsibility to teach our children from their youth Gods ways.
7- a society by its laws can never eliminate racism.
8- its a moral issue one that needs a change of heart that only Christ can set free.

hope this helps !!!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This thread is probably going to get highly electrified. I just ask before I pose a question,
to please, if the topic bothers you intensly and you want move along.. that's perfectly ok.
Don't feel you have to participate in something that makes you uncomfortable.

I am aware I put this in the Debate Forum and it needs to be debated or at least discussed.
It's basically what's tearing this country apart right now.
What is called Social Justice, Racism, and Equality for all.
Think of it as a 3-in-1 topic.

I am a 55 y/o white woman. I grew up in the city of Boston right when the bussing started.
I never been a racist. I never looked at a person's skin color. I always went by their character.
I'm not sure what Social Justice is, and I don't know what is meant by Equality for all.
I believe in the Constitution and that we are all equal in the eyes of God.
And that we are all under one law.
Now some say that only applies to some people, mainly white ones.
And though I know a little about the Jim crow laws and segregation..
I never studied it.

They don't hold back either. They spit it at you.

Now maybe there some people that are in this Forum that is a person of color, or feels the racial injustice or inequality.
As a church, as the family of God, we need to work this out together.
I'm hoping to hear from all different points of view about what we can do
to mend this rift.
When we go to heaven, I don't think Jesus is checking skin colors at the door.
Just saying..

What say you?
MUCH LOVE
and prayers for this discussion
AMEN

HUGS

The current country driven narrative on social injustice is a lie in my opinion. Yes there is social injustice and many USA citizens are prejudice, even against the disabled. Minorities do get discriminated against, especially blacks and mentally disabled (especially criminally insane, get put into prisons instead of mental institutions). We just had a black president, many blacks hold offices in the government, and not too long ago (decades) there was a drive for equal opportunity and laws established that support blacks and other minorities to get jobs. As a result many blacks have government jobs. (Labor force characteristics by race and ethnicity, 2018 : BLS Reports: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics)

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank You Christophany,
I agree.
The reason why I think it's so rampant right now is, there pushing an agenda to cause division.
It doesn't matter what color you are. It's a weapon , a tool they use.
And the media spins it, and education spins it,politicians spin it.
And while they got us all spinning. They are laughing at all of us.
I try to talk to this younger generation about how they are being manipulated.
But no different than us not listening to our parents.. it just rolls down hill.
The ones pushing the buttons are reinforcing what these kids think, because they put it in there to begin with.
If we are fighting a racial or any other war among ourselves, they rob us all blind and no one pays attention.
They want white people to retaliate. And who does that hurt? Minorities.
That way they can come in and save the day..
what's that called, ... action/reaction/answer?
The one who causes it, and also supplies the answer to the crisis..
I know you guys know what I mean.. the words elude me..

And yes only Christ can fix it and that's why the churches are under attack.
Keep them closed, and burn the bibles.. like the statues, they are trying to remove God.
We can't let that happen, and that's why I wanted to talk about it.
I think this is really serious. But it really is so sensitive.
I don't want to hurt or call out or blame anyone.
There is evil behind this and only Good can fix it.
I just don't know what the answers are.. or how.

HUGS

Reactions: ChristisGod

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The current country driven narrative on social injustice is a lie in my opinion. Yes there is social injustice and many USA citizens are prejudice, even against the disabled. Minorities do get discriminated against, especially blacks and mentally disabled (especially criminally insane, get put into prisons instead of mental institutions). We just had a black president, many blacks hold offices in the government, and not too long ago (decades) there was a drive for equal opportunity and laws established that support blacks and other minorities to get jobs. As a result many blacks have government jobs. (Labor force characteristics by race and ethnicity, 2018 : BLS Reports: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics)
Thank You Devin,
I just wonder if there is a way that we "chritians, faith believers" whatever the "religion" Jews and gentiles,
there I said it.. can together change that narrative.
People started it. People can stop it.
But how?
Voting matters a lot. You have to research these people we are putting into office.
If nothing else this pandemic has shown us how much power the Governor's and Mayor's have over us.
We are the People. We put them there to represent us. Not be slave owners over us. And that's what they are doing.
They have too much power in my opinion.
How do we pull back the reigns..
together?
HUGS

Reactions: dev553344

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I looked into them.They use hash tags and call the names like calling up spirits.
Now they are burning flag AND Bibles. Demons are on the loose.
But they play on their emotions. And the things they are teaching in schools about how bad white people are. And I don't think parents really know what's going on.
Obama used to be a "grassroots" organizer in chicago before he became senator.
Those roots go deep, real deep. And Hillary got her hand on his spine and strings on his hands.
I agree
HUGS
Wow, you put a loaded statement there at the end. I agree, but you're the first person I've seen say this (besides me). I believe she (Hillary) handles him (Obama), calls a lot of shots.

Reactions: Ziggy

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's unfortunate that a non-racist person may use a term they heard and are unaware what it actually means.

I have seen racism ...a lot of it ...in my lifetime. I am a white woman, and witnessed racism against black people coming from my maternal grandmother and to a lesser degree from my mother. I also saw a lot of it in a church I attended (and left) ...that pastor was a cult handler. I heard him promote the Aryan brotherhood, British-Israelism, and he hated on anyone who was of any color than "white."

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank You Devin,
I just wonder if there is a way that we "chritians, faith believers" whatever the "religion" Jews and gentiles,
But how?
Voting matters a lot. You have to research these people we are putting into office.
If nothing else this pandemic has shown us how much power the Governor's and Mayor's have over us.
We are the People. We put them there to represent us. Not be slave owners over us. And that's what they are doing.
together?
HUGS

The current BLM supports black panther related ideologies, so I'm not sure anything can be done about BLM created division. They have chosen the side between police and anti-police. This is unfortunate, because BLM will lose in the end if they continue to be anti-police.

But there are many black activists that go thru healthy channels to support their cause.

I'm not sure anything needs to be done, it already is in place via laws in the USA. I think you've probably been the victim of BLM propaganda related attacks. Sorry to hear that.

Reactions: Jostler and Ziggy

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank You Devin,
But how?
together?
HUGS

Come to think of it, one thing can be done to diminish the hate against minorities, stop reporting on crimes involving them and just handle it in courts of law. This includes mexican, black, mentally disabled. The media is the only one that can do this. It's out of our hands. But the media makes money this way.

Reactions: Mayflower and Ziggy