I got this news from a muslim friend

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ami

Sep 3, 2007
Hi,The following text is in french and i got it from a muslim friend. It is about an 8 years old girl forced to marry a 28 years old man in Yemen. She has been divorced after the court in Yemen heard her case against her own father who forced her to mary the man.Some muslims say this is accepted since their prophate married once a girl around some age. There are probably many other kids who were given to older men because their prophate Mohamed done the same once and they think it is acceptable? this is another child abouse thought by their great prophate. who ever knows french can read the whole story bellow.AmiUne fillette yéménite obtient le divorce après un mariage forcé à un homme de 28 ans Yémen : Une fillette yéménite de 8 ans a obtenu mardi le divorce après avoir porté plainte auprès d'un tribunal contre son père qui l'avait "forcée il y a deux mois et demi à se marier" à un homme de 28 ans. Ph AFP Le verdict a été prononcé par un tribunal de première instance à Sanaa lors d'une audience publique, convoquée sur une plainte déposée samedi par Nojoud Mohammad Ali contre son père Mohammad Ali Al-Ahdal et son mari Faëz Ali Thameur. "Je suis heureuse d'être maintenant divorcée. Je vais pouvoir aller de nouveau à l'école", a déclaré aux journalistes Nojoud, un sourire aux lèvres. La fillette, âgée de 8 ans selon le président du tribunal, le juge Mohammad Al-Qadhi, a indiqué qu'elle était en 2e année de primaire lorsqu'elle a été mariée. "On m'a demandé de signer le contrat de mariage et de rester chez mon père jusqu'à l'âge de 18 ans. Mais une semaine après la signature, mon père et ma mère m'ont obligée" à aller vivre chez mon mari, a ajouté Nojoud, drapée de noir, comme la plupart des filles et femmes yéménites. Désormais, "je vais vivre chez mon oncle maternel", a poursuivi Nojoud qui a dit avoir pardonné à son père. "J'étais obligé de la marier. Mais je l'ai mariée avec son consentement car j'avais peur pour elle et pour mes enfants", a hurlé son père durant l'audience. Pour justifier le mariage de sa fille, Mohammad Ali Al-Ahdal, un chômeur, a affirmé devant le tribunal qu'un homme avait kidnappé il y a quelques années sa fille aînée qu'il avait fini par épouser. Ensuite, ce même homme avait enlevé sa fille cadette, pourtant mariée et mère de quatre enfants, une initiative qui lui avait coûté la prison. "Je me suis marié à (Nojoud) avec son consentement et celui de ses parents", a dit de son côté le mari. En réponse à une question du juge, il a indiqué que "le mariage avait été consommé" et qu'il n'avait pas battu la fillette. "Je n'ai pas d'objection à sa demande de divorce", a-t-il dit à la fin de l'audience. L'avocate, Chadha Nasser, qui s'est portée volontaire pour défendre Nojoud, a expliqué que "cette affaire n'est pas unique au Yémen". "Je crois qu'il y a des milliers de cas similaires", a-t-elle ajouté, indiquant que des organisations de la société civile, dont des mouvements féministes, pressent le Parlement d'adopter "une loi fixant à 18 ans l'âge du mariage". Le Yémen, un pays de la péninsule arabique, considéré parmi les plus pauvres au monde, a une population à structure tribale où la tradition handicape encore l'évolution de la société

ForYou

Jan 21, 2008
Wow. I do speak some french not enough to read the whole thing. I looked at some of it and it sounded harsh from what I could get out of it

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
Here you go, I translated it-------------------------------------------------------------------------- FriendA girl yéménite obtains the divorce after a forced marriage to a man of 28 yearsYémen: A girl yéménite of 8 years obtained Tuesday divorces it after carrying complaint with a court against his father that had it "forced two months ago and half to get married" to a man of 28 years. Ph AFPThe verdict was pronounced by a court of first instance to Sanaa at the time of a public audience, summoned on a deposited complaint Saturday by Nojoud Mohammad Ali against his father Mohammad Ali Al Ahdal and his husband Faëz Ali Thameur. "I am happy to now to be divorced. I will be able to go again to the school", declared to the journalists Nojoud, a mouse to the lips. The girl, 8 years old according to the court president, the judge Mohammad Al Qadhi, indicated that she was in 2nd year of primary one when she was married. "One asked me to sign the contract of marriage and to remain with my father until the age of 18 years. But a week after the signature, my father and my mother obliged me" to be going to live with my husband, added Nojoud, draped of black one, as most of the girls and women yéménites. Henceforth, "I will live with my maternal uncle", followed Nojoud that said to have forgiven to his father. "I was obliged to marry it. But I married it with his consent for I was afraid for her and for my children", yelled his father during the audience. To justify the marriage of his girl, Mohammad Ali Al Ahdal, an unemployed, asserted in front of the court that a man had kidnapped some years ago his elder girl that it had ended up to marry. Next, this same man had removed his girl younger daughter, nevertheless gotten married and mother of four children, an initiative that had cost him the prison. "I got married to (Nojoud) with his consent and the one of its parents", said of his side the husband. In response to a question of the judge, it indicated that "the marriage had been consumed" and that it had not beaten the girl. "I have not any objection to his divorce request", it said at the end of the audience. The avocate, Chadha Nasser, that is itself voluntary reach to defend Nojoud, explained that "this matter is not unique to the Yémen". "I believe that there are thousands of similar cases", she added, indicating that of the organizations of the civil corporation, of which of the feminist ones, in a hurry movements the Parliament to adopt "a law setting up to 18 years the age of the marriage". The Yémen, a country of the Arabian, considered peninsula among poorest to the world, has a population to tribal structure where the tradition handicaps again the evolution of the corporation

ami

Sep 3, 2007
hi,Thanks to letsgofishing for providing the english version of the story.ami

truth_seeker

Mar 26, 2008
it's believed Mohammed the prophet of islam married a 9 year old girl, aisha. and there's proof of that in their writings. some would say that this is an act of pedophile, which i agree, but muslim scholars say that this girl, aisha, was a mature girl at 9 years old.

RobinD69

Oct 7, 2007
It doesnt matter how mature a child seems, 8 or 9 years old is still to young. Anything below 16 is much too young and even 16 is questionable. I married my wife when we were both 18 and she still looked too young. Muhammad and his followers are a bunch of lustful heathens and they justify it with their faith.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
What's with some religions or cultures that endorse marrying a girl young enough to be the husband's kid or even grandkid? Is that all they can handle instead of a mature, red-blooded woman I wonder?

yaqub

Sep 7, 2007
(truth_seeker;47084)
it's believed Mohammed the prophet of islam married a 9 year old girl, aisha. and there's proof of that in their writings. some would say that this is an act of pedophile, which i agree, but muslim scholars say that this girl, aisha, was a mature girl at 9 years old.
When Ayesha, daughter of Abu Bakr (the first Caliph after Muhammad died), was 6 years old, Muhammad proposed to Abu Bakr claiming that Allah had given her to him. Abu Bakr was shocked, but was finally persuaded. However, as was the custom for underaged girls, she stayed with her parents until puberty.When Ayesha was 9 years, the consummation of the marriage took place. When that happened, the hadiths recorded that Ayesha was still playing with her dolls, and was totally shocked by the event. She was to be Muhammad's last wife.

David161099

Nov 19, 2007
When A leader proclaims that God has allowed him to sleep with a child........................................................................... then that speaks volumes.

bullfighter

Jan 21, 2008
this world in many places has great division from god,this does not give us the right in christ to go there and kill inocent people..if we new how to stand up as christians we would do something about it and not let our own war people to do the sinnfull acts that They do...are we in the old testament or the new .ARE WE AS A PEOPLE ANY BETTER THEN THEY AS A PEOPLE THAT RAPE THEN WHEN WE AS A PEOPLE GO AND KILL.some people live one day in the old the next day in the new....MAY I ASK WHY WAS THIS POSTED (Letsgofishing;46745)
Here you go, I translated it-------------------------------------------------------------------------- FriendA girl yéménite obtains the divorce after a forced marriage to a man of 28 yearsYémen: A girl yéménite of 8 years obtained Tuesday divorces it after carrying complaint with a court against his father that had it "forced two months ago and half to get married" to a man of 28 years. Ph AFPThe verdict was pronounced by a court of first instance to Sanaa at the time of a public audience, summoned on a deposited complaint Saturday by Nojoud Mohammad Ali against his father Mohammad Ali Al Ahdal and his husband Faëz Ali Thameur. "I am happy to now to be divorced. I will be able to go again to the school", declared to the journalists Nojoud, a mouse to the lips. The girl, 8 years old according to the court president, the judge Mohammad Al Qadhi, indicated that she was in 2nd year of primary one when she was married. "One asked me to sign the contract of marriage and to remain with my father until the age of 18 years. But a week after the signature, my father and my mother obliged me" to be going to live with my husband, added Nojoud, draped of black one, as most of the girls and women yéménites. Henceforth, "I will live with my maternal uncle", followed Nojoud that said to have forgiven to his father. "I was obliged to marry it. But I married it with his consent for I was afraid for her and for my children", yelled his father during the audience. To justify the marriage of his girl, Mohammad Ali Al Ahdal, an unemployed, asserted in front of the court that a man had kidnapped some years ago his elder girl that it had ended up to marry. Next, this same man had removed his girl younger daughter, nevertheless gotten married and mother of four children, an initiative that had cost him the prison. "I got married to (Nojoud) with his consent and the one of its parents", said of his side the husband. In response to a question of the judge, it indicated that "the marriage had been consumed" and that it had not beaten the girl. "I have not any objection to his divorce request", it said at the end of the audience. The avocate, Chadha Nasser, that is itself voluntary reach to defend Nojoud, explained that "this matter is not unique to the Yémen". "I believe that there are thousands of similar cases", she added, indicating that of the organizations of the civil corporation, of which of the feminist ones, in a hurry movements the Parliament to adopt "a law setting up to 18 years the age of the marriage". The Yémen, a country of the Arabian, considered peninsula among poorest to the world, has a population to tribal structure where the tradition handicaps again the evolution of the corporation