I have a confession to make

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stuart

Jan 1, 2021
Scotland
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I confess that i am not totally convinced that Jesus was resurrected, i would like to believe that but i seem to not have a strong enough faith as to believe that it could happen, i question its validity but i realise that he was a great man and i still believe he was the son of God, I believe most of the Word but the Resurrection is hard to digest for me.

Reactions: Nancy and soul man

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I confess that i am not totally convinced that Jesus was resurrected, i would like to believe that but i seem to not have a strong enough faith as to believe that it could happen, i question its validity but i realise that he was a great man and i still believe he was the son of God, I believe most of the Word but the Resurrection is hard to digest for me.
Many eyewitnesses saw Jesus alive after He had been crucified. If Jesus was not raised from the dead, then we are still in our sins.

1 Cor 15:17–and if Christ has not been raised, your faith is worthless; you are still in your sins.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Without the resurrection there would be no point to the crucifixion. It is the resurrection that sets our God apart from all the other so-called gods. Jesus' resurrection from the dead is our hope of eternal life. Without it there would be nothing.

You said you were recently come to Jesus Stuart, but before you are baptised I would make certain that you actually are born again. Otherwise it could lead to confusion later on.

Stuart

Jan 1, 2021
Scotland
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
but before you are baptised I would make certain that you actually are born again.

you think i am not born again bc i do not believe the resurrection happened the way it was written?

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Blessings, Stuart.

What you will find is that in your walk with God, matters of faith take time to grow in. When I first became a Christian, I thought there was no way evolution could be false, and that the Biblical account of creation was just fanciful. I also thought Heaven was just people flying about with harps. I thought literal mansions was just someone's fleshly lusts talking.

But if you keep walking with God and let the Holy Spirit teach you, you will come to find that things you once thought were unbelievable are actually true, and you just hadn't had your eyes fully opened to see it yet.

God bless, and welcome to the forum,
Hidden In Him

Stuart

Jan 1, 2021
Scotland
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If Jesus was not raised from the dead, then we are still in our sins.
jesus died for our sins, when he died he took our sins with him

and you just hadn't had your eyes fully opened to see it yet.
I have quite an open mind, I believe almost everything in the bible but idk much about the resureection, i read more about it recently and i had some doubts.

I take communion and we remember Jesus for his life and for going to the cross for us.

Reactions: April_Rose

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a teenager I had fell in with my generation and that was where my care lay...

Attention
Appreciation
Acceptance

I moved in with my grandmother and ended up away from my former cares. I would end up farming and attending revivals at the local Pentecostal Holiness church. At the end of that summer we had a good revival in which the Lord seemed there in a mighty way. On reading the book, Run Baby Run, by Nikki Cruise, I felt a voice telling me to put the book down. I paused, and then continued again to read. The voice said again, Put the book down. I slept in my Grandmothers living room on an old fold away cot by the open living room door. The Katydids seemed to be singing very loud that night. There in my Grandmothers clean linens I heard the Spirit speak again, "Where is all the stress, worry and hatred?" In which, upon examining my heart, there was nothing there but pure beauty. I thought to myself. "Oh my! I got exactly what those people got!" I would spend the rest of the summer rejoicing with the people and in revival until I went back to my former environment later that September.

Spending time with great people did me a lot of good.

Stuart

Jan 1, 2021
Scotland
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
upon examining my heart, there was nothing there but pure beauty.

i believe in the holy spirit for sure, it sounds like you were blessed :)

my heart needs work bc i have been led to pray more by the almighty but it is so hard, i try to pray as much as i can but i dont think i am praying enough, esp with all the wrong in theis world at this time, I believe god was trying to teach me that my heart will become lighter if i prayed more, i feel like i am letting him down and that i am rejecting his work in me, i do not want to anger god, i would not like to not answer his call, it feels like i am falling short of his calling atm :( but he is still my most precious in my life, his word is life, truth, wisdom.

Last edited:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
you think i am not born again bc i do not believe the resurrection happened the way it was written?
I'm not saying you aren't Stuart, only you know that. What I am saying is that if you have such doubts about what is at the very centre, the very heart of Christianity then maybe you should wait a while. Tell God you doubts and thoughts and ask him to help you know the truth. And talk to your pastor, be honest with him and ask him to help you.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you are is according to what is or is not in your heart. God knows this. Who else can see your heart? You may be doubtful about yourself so seek the first things of God and let Him add to you what He has for you.

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you" Matt 6:33

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, we expect you to be a degreed and experienced Christian as soon as you are raised out of the water at the baptismal.
Don't you think that would be pretty stupid of us?
After you accept Christ as your savior, your life is a journey....a walk with Christ. Walk with Christ...don't put your eyes on yourself, put your eyes on Him. Read the Gospels and learn the character of Christ.
Don't worry about your faith...that is looking at yourself. He saved you, you did not save Him, you do not possess the power to do that. Set your sights on Christ and walk with Him everyday and your faith will grow. Along the way He will show you the Way. That was the original name of Christianity...The Way...there is a reason for that. You have not "arrived" the moment you stepped out of the baptismal. We are all a work in progress but equal is the eyes of the Lord. Focus on the journey, the Christian life is matter of choices you make on that journey. Do your best to make the right choices....lol...knowing at times you are going to fail. As you get more experienced at doing the right thing, you will get better at it.
But knowing that as a Christian before you made your first right choice you were saved. The desire to make the right choices and actually making those right choices are a matter of applying Christ to your life. But still that is not what saved you, that is the Grace of Christ. Your successes and your failures are your walk with Christ, He is there to pick you up when you fail. Do your best and learn from your mistakes, that is all anyone can expect of you, none of us are perfect...lol...Remember that Christ loved us when we were yet lost.
Don't worry about faith. You do all this and your faith will grow and become stronger. That is the Way it is for all of us.

Reactions: Nancy and Stuart

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks Grail hunter

I wouldn't say that

I know that but when i picture him on the cross i feel really very sad :( I still mourn him every time his death is mentioned i feel a sadness in my heart.
I guess that would be the right feeling.
How about picturing Him alive and walking with you.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i do picture that its is a very serene thought, and gives me comfort but that is the holy spirit not the real man :(
Who is the real man?