I Have a Headache and Its Not Good!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Radio Waves

Oct 1, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was the whole left side of my head, around the ear and further forward and upward. "The aneurysm is growing and I'll soon be gone", is what I thought! No wonder, the stress, anxiety and anger has been brewing. It only happens at work where I've observed "special treatment" to others. No, not some kind of "conspiracy" but real special treatment backed up by metrics I've observed which very clearly show we do not have a level playing field here. Thinking about it brought out the facts: God knows what's going on, better than I do. If I'm right, He knows that. I could be wrong and He knows that too. So then, it all comes down to four alternatives, I thought. I could quit without a new job in hand; I could look for another job and quit with a notice; I could stay and tough it out or I could talk directly with the boss about my thoughts. The last option, I ruled out. He knew what was going on. He's the boss and anytime I alluded to "special treatment" I was talked over dismissively. Why would God want me to stay here as the stress is causing headaches and probable high blood pressure. I could just quit and be done with this and flush this place down the toilet. He would probably go along with that. Looking for a job would just expose me to more headaches until I could quit. What do I do? I asked God very specifically should I quit or shouldn't I. If He had me there for a purpose, I would short circuit His plans. "Give me a sign...some how, some way as to what You want me to do", I asked. As I write this, the headaches are gone. Why? I am sick with the usual cold, sore throat and cough. The headaches were just a precursor and having this flu stuff develop a few days after my direction asking prayers was His answer! My friends, no matter where we are in life there are some basics of life we need to remember (and so do I!!!)...

1. God knows what's going on, where we are and what we're encountering.
2. God knows what our limits are and will not allow them to be exceeded.
3. God does NOT want us to short circuit His plans. He has us here for a reason.
4. God does not mind if we question Him. (Read the Psalms for examples!)
5. God causes us to learn His ways by immersing us in difficult situations.
6. God answers our prayers in sometimes unusual ways.
7. God wants our responses to difficulties to be "godly" so we can influence others positively!

What's His overall plan for me being in this job? I don't know, but I think He wants me to trust Him and do my best without regard to what's going on around me. Just like Charles Stanley always told us: "Do what's right and trust God to handle the rest".

Reactions: Gottservant