I Have An Extreme Phobia

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It has to do with eyes and I forgot the spelling of it but apparently it's a real thing and I'm not the only one who has it. I can't touch my eyes, eyelids, and eyelashes, (if I get an eyelash in my eye I rub my eye or get it out with water) I don't let anybody else do it, and I can't even watch people do it or look at ads of magnetic eyelashes or something as I just started breathing heavily and crying a few moments ago which is why I forced myself to write this. (Even though it was rather difficult.) This can turn out to be a real problem if I ever get anything seriously wrong with my eyes. So does anybody know how I can get over this fear? @Heart2Soul, tagging you on this since I already messaged you that I had an extreme phobia.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have developed a phobia of tight spots. Perhaps from being between a rock and a hard place for so long! If I'm standing close to the fridge and a dog tries to quickly push between it and myself, I panic. If I'm sitting in the back seat of a car and I can't get out fast enough, I panic.
For ten years, the first minute or so after I woke up every morning, I'd have a panic attack. Deep breathing helped me a lot. 2004 was a terrible year for me. There's too much to go into now. I actually can't wash sippy cups without having an episode of intense anxiety. I'm afraid of sippy cups! Don't get old!
sippy-cups.jpg

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh,.. sorry to hear that. My phobia has actually gotten better believe it or not. :D

Reactions: Truman

Taodeching

Apr 8, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It has to do with eyes and I forgot the spelling of it but apparently it's a real thing and I'm not the only one who has it. I can't touch my eyes, eyelids, and eyelashes, (if I get an eyelash in my eye I rub my eye or get it out with water) I don't let anybody else do it, and I can't even watch people do it or look at ads of magnetic eyelashes or something as I just started breathing heavily and crying a few moments ago which is why I forced myself to write this. (Even though it was rather difficult.) This can turn out to be a real problem if I ever get anything seriously wrong with my eyes. So does anybody know how I can get over this fear? @Heart2Soul, tagging you on this since I already messaged you that I had an extreme phobia.

I am sorry about that. I can't let anyone put drops in my eyes for eye exams though I have gotten better but it still takes a lot of time for the eye doctor.

Reactions: April_Rose

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am sorry about that. I can't let anyone put drops in my eyes for eye exams though I have gotten better but it still takes a lot of time for the eye doctor.

So it sounds like you're like me then. :)

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
From one round peg to another, you've got that squared away! :)

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When I was a kid in school, most kids were square pegs and teachers pounded them into square holes. I was a round peg, though teachers tried to pound me into square holes. It is a metaphorical way of me describing how school was for me. They tried to teach me a certain way but I learned differently. A small percentage of persons do.
I had this conversation with someone recently; I thought it was you. If I am mistaken, please forgive me.

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ommetaphobia?
There may be links here that can assist you. :)
natural cure ommetaphobia at DuckDuckGo

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mind narrowing it down to one in particular though? That looked like paragraphs. o_O
Well, I post search engine links like that because even though the keywords are specific to your eye phobia, the search results are unique information sources .

Everyone is unique in how they would prefer to proceed if they choose to go the treatment route.

I don't know you personally so I don't know what you would prefer to do, or how you would want to proceed,if you did wish to try some of those natural treatment options at the link.

You can take your time reading the excerpts that are on the Duck search link pages. See if anything interests you. Then open that link if you do fine something. :)

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
if the phobia is really not that serious you should let other people forced you to face your phobia the time you realized it is not really that scary you will learn not to fear it but if you do not face it you will become like me living a ruined life beyond repair

you should let other know about your phobia let your mischievous friends knows about your phobia they might make fun of you soon by doing this you will force yourself to face your fear to the extreme :D i'm sure you will not do this i think you should drink some alcohol and let your mind go a little mad

Emily Nghiem

Jun 16, 2021
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know of different cases where phobias or addictions were healed by applying Christian Healing prayer for forgiveness, to diagnosing the root causes in the mind and spirit. Then praying through God's Authority vested in Christ Jesus to forgive remove and heal Generational Sins and Curses to break these cycles.

If anyone is interested in Medical Research and Outreach in Christian Spiritual Healing, two of the most reputable healing prayer ministries I have found are Dr. Judith MacNutt in FL and Dr. Phillip Goldfedder, Jewish Neurosurgeon turned Christian Healing counselor.

Anyone have contacts or referrals to research for medical studies on curing addictions, abuse or phobias by spiritual generational healing?