I have difficulty believing that souls will be damned to the Lake of Fire

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I'm confident that even Hitler, Stalin, and Mao loved someone. Based on the verse below, is it possible that they are not and will not be destroyed?​

1 John 4:7 ESV​

Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God.

Reactions: Wrangler and Helen

Tommy Cool

Jul 17, 2022
HIGHLAND,MI
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I'm confident that even Hitler, Stalin, and Mao loved someone. Based on the verse below, is it possible that they are not and will not be destroyed?​

Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God.
This section is talking about the love of God (agape)…. not (phileō) worldly love.
I am sure they may have loved (phileō) someone ... they for sure loved themselves.

There is the possibility that at one time in their life they may have accepted Christ as their lord and savior ...who knows? If they didn't my best guess is the Bar-B-Que.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mark 9:42-48
[42]And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.
[43]And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
[44]Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
[45]And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
[46]Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
[47]And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:

[48]Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mark 9:42-48
[42]And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.
[43]And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
[44]Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
[45]And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
[46]Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
[47]And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:

[48]Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

I love scriptural responses so thank you! With that said, I still have difficulty believing that our loving and merciful creator would send anyone to an eternity of suffering.

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love scriptural responses so thank you! With that said, I still have difficulty believing that our loving and merciful creator would send anyone to an eternity of suffering.
Precious friend, of course, when 'ALL of God's Inspired Scriptures' are taken
into account and believed for God's Sound Doctrine, we then understand
That In Addition to Being A Loving And Merciful Creator, that He Is Also A:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Just And Righteous Judge!:

For those who Reject God's Gracious Offer Of His SON, Who Gave His
Life * for our sin, And His Resurrection, This Would Be their Judgment:

Rev_14:11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever​
and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the​
beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his​
name.​
+​
Rev 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in​
The Book Of Life was cast into the lake of fire.​

* Even though some of us humanly feel that This (God's Justice) Also
is unfair, Correct? But we still spiritually believe All Of God's Words!
--------------------------
Precious friend:

Grace, Peace, And JOY In Christ, And In His Word Of Truth, Rightly
Divided
!

Last edited:
Reactions: Keturah

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Let's turn the matter around.

Do you think it good that God should preserve evil for eternity?

Or how about this...would you want Hitler, Stalin, and Mao to share a mansion in God's house with you?

And if a snake bit your daughter and she died, would you kill the snake, or preserve it?

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
By that logic, everyone should be thrown into hell. There are plenty of Christians I wouldn't want to spend eternity with either.

Reactions: The Learner

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Patrick1966
Question why you’re even trying to believe in those things. You’ve never actually experienced either. Neither has anyone telling you.

Last edited:

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Every tongue confesses that Jesus lord, thus, all are saved, right?

Romans 10:9
English Standard Version
because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Philippians 2:11
English Standard Version
and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.​

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. - 1 Corinthians 3:13-14

If E = mc2 then we can divide and conclude that...

Mass (m) = Energy (E/c2)

And there are three varieties...

Natural E/c2 - All mass is basically cooled plasma
Mental E/c2 - Mentally, A mathematical formula, but this has chemical and spiritual properties as well.
Spiritual E/c2 - E (motivation, warmth, love) / c2 (faith, hope, charity, joy)

Matter can be changed to energy... m (matter) = E/c2 (energy)
Energy can be changed to matter... E/c2 (energy)= m (matter)

E/c2 is eternal stuff, and to her properties what we call 15 trillion years is a mere blink of the eye. Who knows how many times the plasma has been turned to mass and the mass to plasma? It is not a hard thing for God to disassociate the mass of the universe into energy and light and then re-associate the energy and light back into matter. As a 'matter' of fact...

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. - 2 Peter 3:10

God is going to change all mass back into the plasma energy from whence it was forged... And he will do something else with it!

For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind. - Isaiah 65:17

Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready. And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints. And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God. -Revelations 19:7-9

Verily I say unto you, I will drink no more of the fruit of the vine, until that day that I drink it new in the kingdom of God. - Mark 14:25

The plasma awaits its disassociation! It will soon become something else! Our lifetimes are mere blinks of the eye in contrast to eternity! Avoid the sins of the world and cleave to the ways of God! Do not risk having your eschatology wrong!

LoisAlexandra

Nov 26, 2022
Maryland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. 'And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.'

Reactions: rockytopva

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then you have difficulty believing GOD who inspired the holy scrips and gave us all warnings and reminders
By which if we take heed unto we shall do well .
I have zero problem believing what GOD inspired about that lake of fire and WHO ends up there .
GOD said it thus i beleive it .
ON that same note GOD also said HE WHO BELIEVES IN THE SON SHALL BE SAVED , HE who calls upon the NAME of the LORD
shall be saved . We cant believe one and omit the other . BELIEVE ALL THINGS WRITTEN in that bible
FOR THEY are written for our learning .

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then you have difficulty believing GOD who inspired the holy scrips and gave us all warnings and reminders
By which if we take heed unto we shall do well .
I have zero problem believing what GOD inspired about that lake of fire and WHO ends up there .
GOD said it thus i beleive it .
ON that same note GOD also said HE WHO BELIEVES IN THE SON SHALL BE SAVED , HE who calls upon the NAME of the LORD
shall be saved . We cant believe one and omit the other . BELIEVE ALL THINGS WRITTEN in that bible
FOR THEY are written for our learning .
The conundrum is that if what you’re speaking of were actually realized, you’d no longer be able to speak of it.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The more we learn the bible we see exactly who sent who to that place .
God cannot deny HIS own righteous judgment upon evil .
Praise GOD that He sent the SON . Speaking of LOVE ,
Look at all JESUS endured . OH GOD IS LOVE and does love
but if we DENY HIM we got no escape from HIS righteous judgment .
Instead of trying to omit or ac the lake of fire , JUST PREACH N TEACH JESUS CHRIST .
That is the SOLUTION . And all who hear amen . All who deny , well that is on them my friend .

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
my friend that makes no sense . Try explaining exactly what you mean by this .
Beliefs about Disney World aren’t indicative of Disney World. Beliefs are beliefs. Going to Disney world dispels all beliefs about what it was.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By that logic, everyone should be thrown into hell. There are plenty of Christians I wouldn't want to spend eternity with either.
True Adam.

The point of turning the logic around from the thinking of the Original Post, is to view the matter from God's perspective. In which case, yes, we all fall short--but that is not the point of turning it around. The point is that to put ourselves in God's shoes and trying to imagine being fair and loving with both good and evil--if one can imagine themselves or their love ones being under attack by evil and what they themselves would do about it, it should be determined that it is in fact good to be bad with evil...which is the plan of God.

The example I gave was comparable to Eve being attacked by Satan unto death. That if a good man were to have a snake bite and kill his own daughter and kill the snake, no one would (or should) think ill of the man for doing it, but rather considered such an act as justified...as is our God and Father for doing likewise to all that is evil after painstakingly sorting the matter out, loosing none but the son(s) of perdition.

Vilianaanj

Nov 19, 2022
Belgium
Faith
Christian
Country
Dominica
Can anyone help ??
How to create your first post.
Thank you.

Есть кто из модераторов?
Как создать свое первое сообщение.