I Hugged a tree today

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stuart

Jan 1, 2021
Scotland
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
mehuggingatree.jpg I found the most wonderful tree with its big strong branches so i climbed up to it and sat on one of its long thick branches and took a few pictures, it was such a wonderful tree i have taken it upon myself to adopt this large ancient timber and called it Trevor :) I am going to visit trevor as much as i can bc i like sitting in its Limb :) I'll try and upload some pictures :)

Last edited:

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
View attachment 12601 I found the most wonderful tree with its big strong branches so i climbed up to it and sat on one of its long thick branches and took a few pictures, it was such a wonderful tree i have taken it upon myself to adopt this large ancient timber and called it Trevor :) I am going to visit trevor as much as i can bc i like sitting in its Limb :) I'll try and upload some pictures :)

It might give you splinters...

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I found the most wonderful tree with its big strong branches so i climbed up to it and sat on one of its long thick branches and took a few pictures, it was such a wonderful tree i have taken it upon myself to adopt this large ancient timber and called it Trevor :) I am going to visit trevor as much as i can bc i like sitting in its Limb :) I'll try and upload some pictures :)
This made me smile.... and that is a good thing!

Alvertsky

Jan 10, 2021
Corolla NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
View attachment 12601 I found the most wonderful tree with its big strong branches so i climbed up to it and sat on one of its long thick branches and took a few pictures, it was such a wonderful tree i have taken it upon myself to adopt this large ancient timber and called it Trevor :) I am going to visit trevor as much as i can bc i like sitting in its Limb :) I'll try and upload some pictures :)
Did the tree give you permission to hug it? Or did you just assume that it wanted to be hugged by you

Alvertsky

Jan 10, 2021
Corolla NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It did not protest haha :) I think it enjoyed it, how often does a tree like that get a hug, if you look at the picture it was actually beaming with delight :) it deserved a hug :)
Some trees are allergic to people you know, so is it sneezing now?

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

LoL! I'm so happy for you and Trevor... some guys wait a lifetime.

It's not every man that finds that perfect tree.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My first name means, in my understanding, "Tree of Emanuel."
I like trees! lol
upload_2021-1-17_18-24-49.png

Reactions: Stuart

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

P.S. Just be careful. Don't get too "attached."

If things don't go well, you may have to cut her down someday.

Reactions: April_Rose

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It did not protest haha :) I think it enjoyed it, how often does a tree like that get a hug, if you look at the picture it was actually beaming with delight :) it deserved a hug :)
Don't worry...
A tree's bark is worse than its bite...

Last edited:

UnrulyBeauty

Oct 11, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That is adorable! Trevor is a fortunate tree to have made such a nice, bearded friend! :D

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks haha, i recommend finding a really good tree and hugging it, i honestly have never seen a tree as unique as this one before, if anyone wants to come visit and hug my tree then they are welcome :) Trevor is the nicest tree ever :)

Thanks to you, I am now considering naming my two trees in the backyard.

Any suggestions? I was thinking Jasmine and Josephine.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
nice names :) did you know that trees illedgedly can talk to each other so its great you have two trees so close to each other :)

I think they've always been close, since birth. My neighbor gave them to me, so they've never really been apart.

You don't want to break up family. That's not how we should treat people.

Stuart

Jan 1, 2021
Scotland
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I Love trees I always have, its a great thing to have created such a beautiful thing, something that is always different, not one tree is alike, they all grow differently :) a bit like us humans and also in a psychological fashion. the branches of the trees are like the ways of our mind that branch out as we develop and form, sometimes trees look dark and weary, I love the song lightning tree growing up too :) great song.

our Church planted two great trees down by the river about 80yrs ago and they both reached right across the river, the council cut them down for some reason :( they were not dead or dangerous as far as i know.

Reactions: April_Rose