I just come to the realisation that we all in here would find common ground to work from if we tried

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Amen...totally agree. I guess it is the 'trying bit' that is the stumbling stone here. Some enjoy ...'not'.
But, as " Iron sharpeneth Iron ; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend."
I guess it's all good. :)
When I have responded to some posts that I have found somewhat browbeating or ungracious.
I have often been tempted to put the verse from Proverbs in my response...

= "Only by pride cometh contention: but with the well advised is wisdom." ...but , I thought that may sound contentious, so I have not done it!! LOL
But I often find it hard not to respond when people become argumentative and without grace...just so they can feel like top dog and "one -up" , in their own eyes.
I admit do I often fall into irritation rather than do what the Book says- " A soft answer turns away wrath."
It easier to argue than to really try and listen and "hear" what the other person is saying when we don't agree on something.
As said in the thread Subject line...'we could all find common ground...if we tried' ( ...and really desired it! ) ✟

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There is common ground "Jesus Christ" He just is not teh center of it, religion learning chruch bible all get ins teh way

Reactions: Sword

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There is common ground "Jesus Christ" He just is not teh center of it, religion learning chruch bible all get ins teh way

Well, we are obviously not going to find common ground with you.

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you think he isn't?

Even the Calvinist agrees! Which means no one else has any excuse to not agree :) ;). I believe the misunderstanding is that Jesus IS the center of any true Christianity

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
ya i would be seeking Christ there, and learning the difference. Which i guess anyone really seeking does in their own way, anyway.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Actually there is an argument that Christ isn't the centre of Christianity. But I won't go there. Sword will only say that I'm arguing for the sake of it, and it's his thread.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hey Mungo up for the fight again just like Jesus asked us. always be ready to knock down a brother at every opportunity. Great Job Mungo.
Lets all try and destroy another well intended thread brothers

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hey Mungo up for the fight again just like Jesus asked us. always be ready to knock down a brother at every opportunity. Great Job Mungo.
Lets all try and destroy another well intended thread brothers
Tell that to MJRH as well. Don't be so one-sided.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Actually there is an argument that Christ isn't the centre of Christianity.
i would agree; the center of Christianity seems to be Jesus, not Christ. But also this is prolly an inevitable stage in any seeker's walk. "My religion is the only correct one" is hard to overcome.

Reactions: Helen

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, it took all of 5 posts to turn this wonderful idea to go bad.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well, it took all of 5 posts to turn this wonderful idea to go bad.
And you expected any better???

Why do you think he isn't?

My post said what

There is common ground "Jesus Christ

and you said what

and so what was one to believe if we had Christ as common gorund yet you couldnt find any. Might need to think before you post,

Lets hope it all ends mans foolishness.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
lol. imo "you cry for peace, but there will be war" should maybe be understood here. Iow one will likely never get peace by debating beliefs, or asserting their beliefs over someone else's.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So..the thread topic...what IS our common ground!!! :D
We all seem a bit on 'shaky ground' with not finding very much of "common ground" ha!

So, as there seems little unity so far on 'what is common'...what would each of us see as "our personal" common foundation, or what we would believe that other Christians would have also?

I presume most of us on this site are blood washed Christians...and obviously some have stated otherwise.

For me, the first place of common ground would be the Love of God. That to me is ground zero.
Because of Hs great love , God sent His Son...prepared from before " Let there be light".
We all know the scripture that says- " Can two walk together unless they be agreed.."
So..how many of us can say amen to the love of God as being our common starting place ..or not, as the case may be?

Reactions: pia and Sword