I Like This Man

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
since my prayers have turned into groaning's--hard to explain.
Romans 8:25-27 KJV
25) But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
26) Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27) And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

Much love!

• Love
Reactions: Johann

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the Lord's Prayer, as we call it, Jesus said, "lead us not into temptation, but delivery us from evil".

Temptation, "peirasmos", is also translated testing. The idea is that a contrary circumstance or condition comes to be, which will afflict us, and we can either endure through it while continuing to live our Christian life, or, alternatively, we may try to take things into our own hands, and try to deal with it ourselves.

And as God puts us through this process over and over, we become more resilient, more stable, more able to endure, more able to resist the fleshy responses, to resist the evil.

I've watched this in my life for years as God is training me.

I've also seem times where something simply isn't a problem for me anymore. When God has just freed me in a moment!

And so I pray, Lead me not into temptation. I don't want to struggle through years of training. But deliver me from evil. Free me today to serve you.

This training, it's a training in faith, till we come to a pure faith. This deliverance, it's a pure faith that God gives.

Much love!
She doesn't need deliverance from the devil.

1 John 5:18
18 We know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not touch him.

She needs more of the Spirit of Christ

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A question occurs to me…
What is the purpose of the millennial reign, where the holy will rule with an iron rod over the nations and will smash them like clay pots?

And why, why, why can I not get it out of my head that the outer darkness lasts only for that thousand years?

Also, what and where is the prison some will be thrown into that they will not be let out of until they pay the last penny of their debt of unforgiveness?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh my gosh, Sheol, hell, grave, hades, Tartarus, Gehenna.
It’s like someone’s trying to confuse us on purpose!
I see that Lake of Fire isn’t hell…and I think I see that the 1st four are the same word translated differently (but why, why??) and I guess I think I see that Gehenna is the LOF…
DZoe’s t it seem like it’s been confused on purpose?!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am reading Pilgrims Progress, over and over again, what he was, his fears-- his struggles, up to the point of a-name change-- from pilgrim to Christian--and still the struggles--and his closest friends, then there is Obstinacy, Pliable, Slough of despondency, Worldly wisdom, Village of morality--legality--and many more.
I have read somewhere, don't know from whom--The Christian must walk alone, think it was Todzer--many disagreed with that poignant statement--but this is who I am, Pilgrim--Christian--but I don't really walk alone, the Lord graciously granted me a brother on this Forum--maybe Evangelist--whom I deeply appreciate and he is praying for me, since my prayers have turned into groaning's--hard to explain.

Shalom Y'all.
J.
Good to hear you have a brother to lift you! I loved Pilgrim's Progress. It has been so long since reading it, I think another read is in order. Peace!

Reactions: marks and Johann

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
She doesn't need deliverance from the devil.

1 John 5:18
18 We know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not touch him.

She needs more of the Spirit of Christ
Do you realize I wasn't talking about the devil?

Much love!

Reactions: Johann

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes I think people know darn well what they do and other times I think they don’t…
I don’t know why others would WANT to live below full consciousness. I do know I lived there and I have examined it (of course :rolleyes:) enough to know that the reason I, personally, lived there was to try to alleviate the pain of the truth that no one really loved or cared about me.
But I’m talking about people who seem to have come to God. Once you see how freeing walking in truth is, you want to examine things for falsity or truth and actually KEEP walking in that freedom. In fact, you begin to INSIST on uncovering truth and admitting it and walking in it. You freely admit the motions of your heart.
So…I can’t figure out subterfuge in people who seem to have met God.

Reactions: Nancy

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no I didn't. "Deliverance" is from demons.
Biblically speaking, we are delivered from death, from this present evil world, from the power of darkness, from the wrath to come, from unreasonable and wicked men, from persecutions, from every evil work, and of particular note here,

2 Peter 2:9 KJV
9) The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:

Much love!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with marks here. (Please don’t anybody faint and crack your head open. :D ) I didn’t understand what she was saying. I mean, I saw the idea she had in her head but I didn’t think it was the same idea marks had in his head.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Biblically speaking, we are delivered from death, from this present evil world, from the power of darkness, from the wrath to come, from unreasonable and wicked men, from persecutions, from every evil work, and of particular note here,

2 Peter 2:9 KJV
9) The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:

Much love!
Fine. Are you saying temptations can be cast out.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes I think people know darn well what they do and other times I think they don’t…
I don’t know why others would WANT to live below full consciousness. I do know I lived there and I have examined it (of course :rolleyes:) enough to know that the reason I, personally, lived there was to try to alleviate the pain of the truth that no one really loved or cared about me.
But I’m talking about people who seem to have come to God. Once you see how freeing walking in truth is, you want to examine things for falsity or truth and actually KEEP walking in that freedom. In fact, you begin to INSIST on uncovering truth and admitting it and walking in it. You freely admit the motions of your heart.
So…I can’t figure out subterfuge in people who seem to have met God.
1679021004163.png

• Haha
Reactions: stunnedbygrace