Removed Thread.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I need Emotional Stability. I don't always know what is going on with me. I'm a guy and yet my emotions go up and down. Please don't give me bible verses, they aren't going to change how I'm feeling.

I got a vague idea why I'm feeling the way I am. I think it's 1/2 physical and 1/2 social. Physically I'm tired. Something at work with the computer systems is bothering me. I got locked out of my account, and I kinda think I know why... The way people behave at work, I often don't know where I stand with them. In fact I long for stability with people. My parents and I can yell at each other, but there isn't any fear of loosing love. Whereas anyone else in my life can't even stand to be annoyed a little bit. They just don't have much tolerance for me. Like if I talk just tiny bit too much, and then I can either loose the respect of the person or at worse get into trouble.

The Bible basically tells me, don't worry, don't be anxious, pray. I am asking for prayer. I'm asking for prayer to overcome my unbelief. And to help settle down my emotions. I know I can't do anything to fix things, but I know that God can.
Praying for you!

Reactions: dev553344

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I need Emotional Stability. I don't always know what is going on with me. I'm a guy and yet my emotions go up and down. Please don't give me bible verses, they aren't going to change how I'm feeling.

I got a vague idea why I'm feeling the way I am. I think it's 1/2 physical and 1/2 social. Physically I'm tired. Something at work with the computer systems is bothering me. I got locked out of my account, and I kinda think I know why... The way people behave at work, I often don't know where I stand with them. In fact I long for stability with people. My parents and I can yell at each other, but there isn't any fear of loosing love. Whereas anyone else in my life can't even stand to be annoyed a little bit. They just don't have much tolerance for me. Like if I talk just tiny bit too much, and then I can either loose the respect of the person or at worse get into trouble.

The Bible basically tells me, don't worry, don't be anxious, pray. I am asking for prayer. I'm asking for prayer to overcome my unbelief. And to help settle down my emotions. I know I can't do anything to fix things, but I know that God can.
Hi Always,

"I often don't know where I stand with them."

God has finally brought me to the end of even caring what anyone around me thinks. I just care what He thinks of me. But, this is you and not me.

" In fact I long for stability with people"

We are social creatures, and even God says "it is not good for man to be alone". That's not just talking marriage, it's all relationships I'd say.

Funny, I read an article earlier today talking about the difference between "fitting in" and "belonging" and found it interesting so I saved a quote from it:

"Belonging is incredibly different from “fitting in.” Where belonging encourages authenticity, space, and freedom, fitting in implies having to conceal or constrain the expression of who you really are or how you truly feel about and see the world. Referencing this wisdom from a 12 year old, Brené Brown sums up the difference between belonging and fitting: “If I get to be me, I belong. If I have to be like you, it’s fitting in.”

I pray that God will send you calm and peace. And that He will level your emotions to where He meant them to be.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For what it's worth, that's part of the human condition. The alternative is to not feel anything, which usually comes with a horrible price to pay.

No bible verses, no advice. Just praying for your emotional stability.

Reactions: dev553344 and Nancy

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God? - 1 John 5:4-5

I would begin with faith teachings, cutting ones teeth on the Word of Faith. And then moving on once the faith is in place.

Father, and praying the meeting of needs in Jesus name!

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You could always try counselling. I'm not sure prayer is going to help with emotional stability. But one thing that stabilizes me is watching online church every day. Praying and reading the scriptures daily. My prayer is that you find your way of stabilizing yourself, with God's help of course.

Reactions: Nancy

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for the prayers. Lately I've been really really tired, and don't have hardly any energy for anything. If I try to watch TV show that I would normally be interested in, I tend to just fall asleep. I don't know what is wrong with me. My boss at work, seems to be having some of the same issues.
When you're asleep, you don't have to feel anything.

Lack of interest in things that used to engage you is also a sign of depression.

Do you have someone you could talk to? I guess we could corporately be your sounding board.

I said another prayer for you.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for the prayers. Lately I've been really really tired, and don't have hardly any energy for anything. If I try to watch TV show that I would normally be interested in, I tend to just fall asleep. I don't know what is wrong with me. My boss at work, seems to be having some of the same issues.
I’ve been having those issues too. And unless I absolutely have to do something, I cannot stir my will to do it.

• Love

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't know about you all but, for sometime now, the coldness of those around me seemed to deepen and I can only refer back to when Jesus said in Matthew that in these days, the love of many shall grow cold. More like freezing!

Matthew 24:12​

“And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.”

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’ve been having those issues too. And unless I absolutely have to do something, I cannot stir my will to do it.
Oh yes indeed, same here! I've lost most interest in like everything but God, life is dull and dreary because He has shined His light, the attractions of this world fade more and more. It's not that we have nothing to do it's the motivation that's lacking. Hard to do anything when interest and the desire to GET these things done is not there.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh yes indeed, same here! I've lost most interest in like everything but God, life is dull and dreary because He has shined His light, the attractions of this world fade more and more. It's not that we have nothing to do it's the motivation that's lacking. Hard to do anything when interest and the desire to GET these things done is not there.
It’s been off and on (mostly on) for about…two years with me. I just have no interest in anything. I could sit and read, write, watch videos of the few men I listen to, and talk about God all day and be perfectly happy. But to exert my will in anything else is just like walking through molasses. Family insists I must be depressed but I’m not. My depression left me when I stopped being angry at people.
It’s been a few years now. I’m convinced I’m waiting for something…

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s been off and on (mostly on) for about…two years with me. I just have no interest in anything. I could sit and read, write, watch videos of the few men I listen to, and talk about God all day and be perfectly happy. But to exert my will in anything else is just like walking through molasses. Family insists I must be depressed but I’m not. My depression left me when I stopped being angry at people.
It’s been a few years now. I’m convinced I’m waiting for something…
"walking through molasses" HA! Perfect description.! I've things still n boxes because I am either physically unable to assemble them or the directions are in a language that LOOKS like English, with a lot of writing but makes no sense :( I purchased an outdoor popup pavilion last year, no body comes to help even though they all say they will. Just sits there annoying me that I spent good money on them for naught.
Also have a water filter and a small grill needing to be put together...just sitting there as I get highly frustrated because the directions are not clear. Think I will become a monk.
Oh yes, I've also about 3 months ago purchased a small recumbent stationary bike. The guy I payed to put it together, put the handlebars backwards and the front top part on upside down, didn't use a single washer so now THAT is sitting unused and frustrating to look at too. Ready to just give EVERYTHING I own away, EVERYTHING!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t think we took it off topic. i was relating to the physically tired all the time part he described of himself and also his boss. It’s an exhaustion that makes you not able to stir yourself to anything with your will unless it’s strictly necessary. I’ve even wondered if it’s a wearing down from the heavy oppressed feeling I get when I leave the house and go anywhere. It’s like…the very air itself weighs heavy on my skin. It feels like hatred, anger, a pressing down on.

As for the feeling like you don’t fit in with people and never know where you stand with them that he talks about, that’s just the way it is when you’re no longer of the world. You have to come to accept that’s just how it’s going to be - you no longer belong to the world so it’s not going to accept you.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t think we took it off topic. i was relating to the physically tired all the time part he described of himself and also his boss. It’s an exhaustion that makes you not able to stir yourself to anything with your will unless it’s strictly necessary. I’ve even wondered if it’s a wearing down from the heavy oppressed feeling I get when I leave the house and go anywhere. It’s like…the very air itself weighs heavy on my skin. It feels like hatred, anger, a pressing down on.

As for the feeling like you don’t fit in with people and never know where you stand with them that he talks about, that’s just the way it is when you’re no longer of the world. You have to come to accept that’s just how it’s going to be - you no longer belong to the world so it’s not going to accept you.
No, you did not, I suspected I did go off topic though. I hope he is reading these replies...and yes, i know well that feeling, oppressed, heavy...and all I can think of is, that's what a world being overcome with sin is like. Those who are not familiar with all things God, it's the same...they do not sense these things but, boy oh boy do we ever feel it.
We don't WAN'T the world to accept us, it's when other "Christians" reject you that hurts like no other. But then, we know that all church's has much of the world in them now anyhow so...yeah, a Monkess.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, you did not, I suspected I did go off topic though. I hope he is reading these replies...and yes, i know well that feeling, oppressed, heavy...and all I can think of is, that's what a world being overcome with sin is like. Those who are not familiar with all things God, it's the same...they do not sense these things but, boy oh boy do we ever feel it.
We don't WAN'T the world to accept us, it's when other "Christians" reject you that hurts like no other. But then, we know that all church's has much of the world in them now anyhow so...yeah, a Monkess.
Yeah, but the religious people didn’t accept Jesus so I don’t expect them to accept me either.
There are three enemies (four if you count death also) and those three are the world, the flesh and the devil.
And if the horrible doctrines lead men to believe there’s no victory over the flesh in this life or lead them to believe their flesh is not a problem because they are as righteous as Jesus, they certainly aren’t going to accept anyone who hungers for righteousness.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, but the religious people didn’t accept Jesus so I don’t expect them to accept me either.
There are three enemies (four if you count death also) and those three are the world, the flesh and the devil.
And if the horrible doctrines lead men to believe there’s no victory over the flesh in this life or lead them to believe their flesh is not a problem because they are as righteous as Jesus, they certainly aren’t going to accept anyone who hungers for righteousness.
Yes, these now are, to me "modern day Pharisees" and they judge simply by looking at you. I won't be stepping foot in another one of those places...other than, perhaps weddings or funerals. It's a shocking slap in the face when those we should be RUNNING to for edification and prayer with struggles judge you before even saying a word.
Not going to find many out there in my experience, who even speak on righteousness ever, just like those who do not speak of the end times scripture coming to pass before our eyes!
I think there is a need for deep study on all the meanings or differences between sin, transgression, iniquity and trespasses. I know @1stCenturyLady explained some of these awhile back but...still get them mixed up...

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not going to find many out there in my experience, who even speak on righteousness ever
Oh there are plenty who speak on “imputed righteousness”, but there are at least a few who don’t buy it.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I need Emotional Stability. I don't always know what is going on with me. I'm a guy and yet my emotions go up and down. Please don't give me bible verses, they aren't going to change how I'm feeling..

I like Jesus's beautifully simple advice that we should be like "the birds of the air" which just go about their business day by day without worrying about a thing.
Try dropping your brain down a gear and chilling more..:)