1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I need help from someone with experience.

Discussion in 'NonChristian Help Forum' started by Jay90, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Jay90

Jay90 New Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I've been an atheist my whole life. I was raised in a secular household religion almost never came up. I was fine everything was fine like that. Something happened recently though and I need advice. I am not an atheist anymore. I had an angel appear to me last night. He told me his name was Amitiel. I looked up the name to see if there is information on him. The sources seem different enough from each other that I don't know really what he is all about.

I think I am a christian now though. he told me everything I was doing was wrong there is a journey I will be set on. What do I do in this situation. I mean my whole world has turned upside down. He said he will appear 3 more times.

So I want to ask. Is there anything I should do? Has anyone here ever had anything similar? I mean I felt god for the first time. I just can't believe it. If anyone can give me advice please do.

2. Enoch111

Enoch111 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    If this angel is from God, he will point you to Christ and His finished work of redemption, and will speak of the blood which was shed for your salvation. [Without the shedding of blood there is no remission (forgiveness) of sins.] He will tell you to repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and be saved.

If he brings you any other message, then he is there to deceive you.

Hidden In Him, marksman and FHII like this.
  3. Philip James

Philip James Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    ^^^^^

You might also consider going to priest to ask for help and guidence...

Do NOT do this alone!

Peace!

aspen likes this.
  4. FHII

FHII Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    1 John 4:1-2 KJV
    Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. [2] Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

There are only 2 angels noted by name in the Bible and Amitiel isn't one of them. But there are many other angels. If you are sincere, be careful. Question his authority and he gets nasty with you, he's a demon. No angel is going to question you heeding the advice of an apostle.

aspen, Nancy, bbyrd009 and 1 other person like this.
  5. Truth

Truth Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I will tell you this! I was raised agnostic in Greek A = without and Gnostic = Knowledge! and I will add Knowledge of God! OK Atheist in Greek mean's A= without and Theist = God ! So you say you were Raised without God!
    So you were raised without the Knowledge of God or without God influence's in your life, and I will tell you the only time I heard [JESUS CHRIST] was in fact kinda of Cursing!
    Now when I first was introduced to Our Savior, it was Kinda like a dream, to this day I can not remember one foot in front of the other, when I went forward and received the Gift of Salvation.
    When you saw this Angel!!!! was it a dream or was it in fact like being awake, or do you believe it was a Vision, we must be careful to what we receive.
    Being a believer is in fact, making a Choice! we do not need for our Savior to except us, We need to except the fact that He laid down His Life for Us out of Love! Such a Love that We are willing to carry His Message to other's, We become His/ Him to further the Message. WE Accept Him as Lord and Master and are willing to bare all for Him! There is no Greater Love then that a person lay's down his life for another! WOW you loved me that much, what can I do for you!
    As for your first question, when I was first saved, as I was Praying alone in a room by myself, I heard a voice call my name, just said my name, Scared me as if someone had crept up behind me! I to this day am not sure it was our Savior, or another Spirit, So be Careful what you except!
    PS- Welcome to the Forum, Hope it become's a Strength to you! I am not the only one here so give credence to other's, as there are some good folk's with better understanding than myself. be Blessed

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
    Angelina and Nancy like this.
  6. brionne

brionne Active Member

Read the bible. It is Gods word to us. God does not appear to people unless it is through his word.

7. djstav

djstav Active Member

Faith:
    Other Faith
    Australia
    I once saw a figure of myself frozen in time, and a voice said "Do not touch it!" Then it vanished. This later I came to find out was a projection of my inner mind. If this angel appears again ask someone in the room with you to confirm that it is real. That's all I'll say about that.

8. bbyrd009

bbyrd009 Groper

Faith:
    Christian
    United States Minor Outlying Islands
    problem is that we are pretty much doing everything wrong too i guess lol, imo i would keep seeking and meanwhile do the right things as best you are able, 1 John 3:7 Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. The one who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous, rather than get "converted" to some belief system that will not ever be judged anyway

9. Pisteuo

Pisteuo Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    The non believer was confronted and now believes....and some think he's being deceived. Why would the adversary do this if the man/woman was already a non believer? I don't get it....

10. bbyrd009

bbyrd009 Groper

Faith:
    Christian
    my reply would that bc now satan has a follower (of his works) that is able to justify himself with selective Scripture, thus turning this "believer" into one who actually has no beliefs, right, everyone has their own Absolute Truths would be a better way to put it prolly?

Or else why would they be called "twice the sons of hell you are" and be susceptible to "seven worse spirits?"
    which i was both of those in spades, not sure how common that really is though.

i certainly don't want to prevent anyone seeking God, and i guess "believing" is an inevitable step in the process, but i mean to point out that God does not care if you call yourself "atheist" or "believer," neither one of these will ever be questioned or tested at all, that i can see anyway. We will all be judged for our works, right. It is only humans who judge based upon labels imo

amadeus likes this.
  11. OzSpen

OzSpen Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    Who said so?

12. Triumph1300

Triumph1300 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    Why do you ask?

amadeus and Nancy like this.
  13. brakelite

brakelite Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    A believer in what? Angels? Angels don't redeem sinners. When he can testify of meeting Jesus, then we can celebrate.
    In the meantime @Jay90 I would suggest you take great care. And next time he appears to him, challenge his credentials. Demand he offer you proof as to where his loyalties lie. An angel of the Lord God will not be offended at your challenge. The appearance of a being from the supernatural does not a Christian make. Not even an angel from heaven can create a new creature and give you what you need...a new birth.

lforrest and bbyrd009 like this.
  14. aspen

aspen “"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Yeah, sounds a bit worrisome

bbyrd009 likes this.
  15. bbyrd009

bbyrd009 Groper

Faith:
    Christian
    14...for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.

brakelite and amadeus like this.
  16. ScottA

ScottA Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    All authority in heaven and earth has been given to Jesus Christ, established down through the ages from eye witness accounts since Adam, as the Son of God. As such, to be sure that you are actually dealing with God, and that you might declare your Christianity and belief that Jesus is the Son whom the Father has sent for your salvation from the sure death sentence of this world...you need only mention the name of Jesus at your next encounter. Say to him:

"If you have come in the name of Jesus, please speak. But if not, in His name you must leave."

Either way, you will come to know the truth ("and the truth will set you free").

17. OzSpen

OzSpen Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    To separate opinion from exegesis! :(