I Need Help with Fellowship

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pooh Bear

Sep 25, 2023
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey, I need to create connections with one or a few believers of the Holy Bible. The college campus is a lonely place, spiritually speaking. Making friends is not the issue but making friends with fellow christians and like-minded individuals is what I need. I think resorting to online communication is a great medium to form deep enough relationships with others to have healthy and intelligent conversations. I hate the promotion of homosexuality I see spread throughout the hallways and pouring out my professors' mouths. I need to talk with one or a few people to encourage me to be courageous and stay strong. Remind me to not hate the sinner but hate the sin.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Somewhere on or just off campus ought to be a Baptist Student Union or Methodist or Presbyterian group....
Somewhere on campus is an office that has all the various clubs and organizations affiliated with the college listed and contact information....possibly on a website link.

They are there....just have to look.

Reactions: dev553344 and Debp

Pooh Bear

Sep 25, 2023
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Somewhere on or just off campus ought to be a Baptist Student Union or Methodist or Presbyterian group....
Somewhere on campus is an office that has all the various clubs and organizations affiliated with the college listed and contact information....possibly on a website link.

They are there....just have to look.
Thank you for the tip, but I already am affiliated with a nearby Lutheran church. Do you have anyone online in this website you can steer me to?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hey, I need to create connections with one or a few believers of the Holy Bible. The college campus is a lonely place, spiritually speaking. Making friends is not the issue but making friends with fellow christians and like-minded individuals is what I need. I think resorting to online communication is a great medium to form deep enough relationships with others to have healthy and intelligent conversations. I hate the promotion of homosexuality I see spread throughout the hallways and pouring out my professors' mouths. I need to talk with one or a few people to encourage me to be courageous and stay strong. Remind me to not hate the sinner but hate the sin.
hello

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
'What men want is a method of forgetting God that shall pass as a method of remembering him' EGW

I do not understand this quote. What does it mean?
It means the religious ideas that men arrive at and develop are opposed to God's objective.

Reactions: Azim

Pooh Bear

Sep 25, 2023
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. Jesus is The Truth.
I am having trouble understanding what you mean. In the Bible, there are examples of people concluding through their thought processes that Jesus is the Truth and worshipping God of their own volition.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am having trouble understanding what you mean. In the Bible, there are examples of people concluding through their thought processes that Jesus is the Truth and worshipping God of their own volition.
I hear you. Discerning the voices is critical. Claims of authenticity does not qualify as authenticity in spite of many claiming it.
Mans primary M.O. is one of self focus, particularly the religious. They eclipse The Truth with and by their own activity.

Jesus put it like this, 'He who speaks from himself seeks his own glory; but He who is seeking the glory of the One who sent Him, He is true, and there is no unrighteousness in Him.' John 7:18

Pooh Bear

Sep 25, 2023
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hear you. Discerning the voices is critical. Claims of authenticity does not qualify as authenticity in spite of many claiming it.
Mans primary M.O. is one of self focus, particularly the religious. They eclipse The Truth with and by their own activity.

Jesus put it like this, 'He who speaks from himself seeks his own glory; but He who is seeking the glory of the One who sent Him, He is true, and there is no unrighteousness in Him.' John 7:18
I understand that there can be false prophets claiming to act in Jesus' name, and there are those who can use the religion of Christianity for personal selfish gain. In regards to your shared Bible verse, how do we seek? And, how can we seek the Truth if we act in self-focus?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I understand that there can be false prophets claiming to act in Jesus' name, and there are those who can use the religion of Christianity for personal selfish gain. In regards to your shared Bible verse, how do we seek? And, how can we seek the Truth if we act in self-focus?
God's Spirit prompts; we are told he enlightens every man coming into the world. John 1:19 What we do with that enlightenment is our choice. The Spirit also testifies to Jesus. John 15:26 .....and those who have the Spirit of God will also testify to Jesus.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
@Pooh Bear welcome to the forums!

I believe it is important to keep our will subservient to Jesus Christ. So that we do not fall into the deception that what we want is considered to be true.

You can see this in some major religious cults that have written their own versions of the bible to propogate their own official interpretations.

Do not be overly concerned with identifying these false prophets. They reveal themselves because their doctrine focuses on man, and what man should do. There is a selfish spirit behind that. But the spirit that acknowledges Jesus as Lord is from God

Reactions: Pearl

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I also think it important to add that if you do not wish to be deceived do not attempt to deceive others. This means loving the truth which goes beyond not lying, but that is a matter of self discipline that is an easy line in the sand to see.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Standing up for the right thing will make people angry, but it will make you feel good. When you stand up for the right things, you can walk with God. That is a great feeling.