I observe the Sabbath on....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Seasoned by Grace

Feb 15, 2020
Northwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
....Sundays as a Christ follower and obey the 10 Commandments 24/7, so as I don't do forums on Sunday, I will see you Monday.
God bless you all.

My name is OLIGOS

Reactions: Anthony D'Arienzo

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
....Sundays as a Christ follower and obey the 10 Commandments 24/7, so as I don't do forums on Sunday, I will see you Monday.
God bless you all.

My name is OLIGOS

Oh wow Seasoned by Grace , so does all the things "you do" make you feel so much better and more righteous than those who WILL be here tomorrow!!

Im not sure I can see much Grace if any, in your post. o_O

Reactions: historyb and LC627

Seasoned by Grace

Feb 15, 2020
Northwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OW WOW Helen is this really you?? What a wonderful creative imagination you have. Are you a writer??:)

How could I feel better than anyone else after knowing who I was all the years before meeting Christ. I see myself as Paul as the least of any saved, and continually find myself "Blown away" that God would even consider me for His kingdom, let alone call me to His saving grace-ASTOUNDING.

Helen, I have no righteousness other than what I have in Christ.

Now I know you must have been joking ;) with me after you sent me so many nice messages all day. How could a Christian be so nice and then turn like an "asp" to bite me like satan would.

Helen,as Christians we are known by the love we have for one another, so I will send you my Christian love and be grateful for your friendship and your warm welcoming me here earlier.

God bless you and have a wonderful Sabbath.

My name is OLIGOS

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
OW WOW Helen is this really you?? What a wonderful creative imagination you have. Are you a writer??:)

How could I feel better than anyone else after knowing who I was all the years before meeting Christ. I see myself as Paul as the least of any saved, and continually find myself "Blown away" that God would even consider me for His kingdom, let alone call me to His saving grace-ASTOUNDING.

Helen, I have no righteousness other than what I have in Christ.

Now I know you must have been joking ;) with me after you sent me so many nice messages all day. How could a Christian be so nice and then turn like an "asp" to bite me like satan would.

Helen,as Christians we are known by the love we have for one another, so I will send you my Christian love and be grateful for your friendship and your warm welcoming me here earlier.

God bless you and have a wonderful Sabbath.

My name is OLIGOS

Well said, and I deserve it ..yes I was having "a bit of a go" at you.
Your post felt like a wet fish slapped in my face ...when you said that "you obey the 10 commandment 24/7 and you did this, and you did that..." as if you could keep yourself righteous by your works and 'all the good things that you do." Which to me was kinda insulting as if we who believe the only way is by grace through faith..not by works of the law, ...so we are by default ,second class christians.

As much as you sound surprised with my post...I sure was just as shocked , or more so, at yours bro!!
I was not expecting that from you..

so, we have evenly shocked each other here!! :oops:

Talk more on Monday, if we are all still here.
(Especially about "keeping the commandments 24/7"
A thing that Israel never could do in 400 yrs. ;) )

Happy Sunday.....H

Reactions: Nancy

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do Jews know they've been observing the wrong day?
I find it amusing to read a statement such as this! I can only find one day that our Heavenly Father Sanctified, in all Scripture.
I hope that you also do not believe that Jews actually Killed the Savior, they were proportionate in having Him Condemned, BUT, Roman Soldiers actually put Him to Death. One must come to the realization that His Death was pre-ordained by the Most High. and by the way the Sabbath was not changed By God, But by Man! For the Traditions of Men Make the Word Of God to No Effect.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God bless you all.

My name is OLIGOS
Hello OLIGOSI! welcome to this Forum!!
I to keep the Commandments of God! BUT, and there is always a But! I also Keep the Seventh Day, as described in the Scripture's. No I am not SDA, Shalom, Peace, and May our Heavenly Father "Yehovah" Bless you with the Love of the Truth!

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find it amusing to read a statement such as this! I can only find one day that our Heavenly Father Sanctified, in all Scripture.
I hope that you also do not believe that Jews actually Killed the Savior, they were proportionate in having Him Condemned, BUT, Roman Soldiers actually put Him to Death. One must come to the realization that His Death was pre-ordained by the Most High. and by the way the Sabbath was not changed By God, But by Man! For the Traditions of Men Make the Word Of God to No Effect.
I'm very aware that Sunday is not the Sabbath. I was joking.

As for what day people keep, that's their affair. The Sabbath was given to Israel. The Bible says that.

Exodus 31:13 Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the Lord that doth sanctify you.

I'm a Gentile not a Jew. My ancestors were not at Sinai.

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God bless you all.

My name is OLIGOS
G'day O'.... do you think God would approve of men shuffling and shunting his commandments to suit themselves?....I mean, Adam lost his head because of it!

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God bless you all.

My name is OLIGOS
Hi Oligos, ...wow, sounding pretty Jewish to me?
Not so much as a Sunday observer, necessarily, but as a 'Sabbath' and 10 commandment follower (as it appears that you think that Sunday is the Sabbath Day).
You're sounding a little legalistic, ...are you?

Obviously you understand the principle of faith, and how it supersedes the Law, both in mandate and principle?
I understand that, intrinsically speaking, righteousness is truth and power, and that conversely, iniquity is hypocrisy, depravity and spiritual death. But, we don't legislate good works anymore, do we? We act upon the love in our hearts, that is derived from appreciating God's grace, Jesus' efforts and love, and our neighbour's well-being.
And yet, with all this in mind, I still sin every day, in both action and thought, ...but who's keeping count?

Last edited:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Not so much as a Sunday observer, necessarily, but as a 'Sabbath' and 10 commandment follower (as it appears that you think that Sunday is the Sabbath Day).

Obviously you understand the principle of faith, and how it supersedes the Law, both in mandate and principle?
I understand that righteousness is truth and power, and that conversely, iniquity is hypocrisy, depravity and spiritual death. But, we don't legislate good works anymore, do we? We act upon the love in our hearts, that is derived from appreciating God's grace, Jesus' efforts and love, and our neighbour's well-being.
With all this in mind, I still sin every day, in both action and thought, ...but who's keeping count?
Certainly not me, nor God when we are in Christ.

Reactions: DNB

SouthernStorm

Feb 11, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
God bless you all.
My name is OLIGOS

Romans 14:4-6
5 One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

I understand that, intrinsically speaking, righteousness is truth and power, and that conversely, iniquity is hypocrisy, depravity and spiritual death. But, we don't legislate good works anymore, do we? We act upon the love in our hearts, that is derived from appreciating God's grace, Jesus' efforts and love, and our neighbour's well-being.
And yet, with all this in mind, I still sin every day, in both action and thought, ...but who's keeping count?
Ones behaviour reveals ones core. Hypocrisy is when ones behaviour is not consistent with ones profession.
Is it really concluded that nobody keeps count? Can we boast of acting with love in our hearts yet break God's Commandments?

The danger is substituting presumption for faith....Are you really thankful for God's Grace by calling keeping his Commandments legalism??

Any rope will hold until it is tested. The testing time is coming upon us faster than is realised.....and who will be able to stand?

Last edited:

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 14:4-6
5 One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks.
Very good passage for this thread. Thanks.

Reactions: SouthernStorm

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We could argue whether Santa Claus is keeping count; but I think we can be sure that God keeps track. I think maybe you've been taught a lie, so I am not laying blame at your door, not if you've been deceived by others.

Jesus may rescue us when we were unable to help ourselves. In that way, surely we can see the gift of salvation as freely given. He does expect us to change however. He didn't die and suffer so we could continue in our depravities. If we are shown by the Holy Spirit how something is wrong since it injures others, we cannot expect to do it and get away with it. We are his servants, bought with a price.

When Jesus made it possible to take sinners and make saints out of them, what excuse do we have then if we are lazy or disobedient when we know better?

We will be judge by our works, by our deeds -- and I repeat we have no excuse for sins we commit knowingly and willingly when Jesus has made it possible to do good by rescuing us from the bondage of this world. It is consistently described in several places in the Bible that we will be judged by our works. Salvation cannot be earned by works -- but we will be judged by our works.

Revelation 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Very good passage for this thread. Thanks.
The question is, was Paul addressing the issue of Sabbath keeping? or were there other days that were in dispute?? how does it read?
Was he addressing unclean meats or meats offered to idols or the issue of eating vegetables over eating meat?

Without the context one can make any text say anything.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The question is, was Paul addressing the issue of Sabbath keeping? or were there other days that were in dispute?? how does it read?
Was he addressing unclean meats or meats offered to idols or the issue of eating vegetables over eating meat?

Without the context one can make any text say anything.
I rather think he was addressing several things. What we can be more certain of is that the Apostles, when asked about such things, said circumcision was not required for Gentiles. They gave a list of things which Gentile converts needed to do, and keeping the Sabbath was not on their list.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I rather think he was addressing several things. What we can be more certain of is that the Apostles, when asked about such things, said circumcision was not required for Gentiles. They gave a list of things which Gentile converts needed to do, and keeping the Sabbath was not on their list.
Do you think it's possible that the keeping God's ten commandments was a given? Paul never mentioned not murdering, not coveting etc. I would say the ten were never in dispute. I was the various other rules that specific Jews were trying to get the Gentiles to adhere to.