I think God has hardened my heart and reprobate mind

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Seekerofthetruth

Feb 5, 2023
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Hello I have actively been seeking Christ for several months now. It seems and is possibly likely to be in vain. I think God may have hardened my heart and may have gave me over to a reprobate mind. I have no conviction of sin whatsoever. I have very little guilt. I am full of bitterness, wrath, selfishness, lust, you name it. It says that God has mercy on whom He wills and hardens whom He wills. I think I might be too sinful to be saved.

Last edited:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello I have actively been seeking Christ for several months now. It seems and is possibly likely to be in vain. I think God may have hardened my heart and may have gave me over to a reprobate mind. I have no conviction of sin whatsoever. I have very little guilt. I am full of bitterness, wrath, selfishness, lust, you name it. It says that God has mercy on whom He wills and hardens whom He wills. I think I might be too sinful to be saved.

Can I simply pray that God will include you among those whom He is drawing to Himself and that you will come to feel His loving embrace and that His peace floods over you as you rest within His embracing Arms and purposes. That you will gain a sense of God's purposes for your life as you respond to His Love for you.

Shalom

Seekerofthetruth

Feb 5, 2023
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Can I simply pray that God will include you among those whom He is drawing to Himself and that you will come to feel His loving embrace and that His peace floods over you as you rest within His embracing Arms and purposes. That you will gain a sense of God's purposes for your life as you respond to His Love for you.

Shalom
I have good news. In January of 2020 a man came up to me out of the blue and told me “Jesus loves you” after I messaged two people saying that He didn’t. That man walked up to me and walked away. In October last year a man asked me if I knew Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior after I asked him how he was doing and I replied no but I’m beginning to see a light he replied do it this week we don’t know how much time we have left. I’ve had other strangers talk to Jesus about me.I am thinking these are God prompted events As a way of God trying to get my attention. I hope so.

Reactions: Nancy and Lambano

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
"Choose your words carefully".

That's me, with a hardened heart.

"Wait for God to bless you" - that's me with a tender heart.

Everyone, has a mixture of a hardened and a tender heart.

Reactions: Seekerofthetruth

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have good news. In January of 2020 a man came up to me out of the blue and told me “Jesus loves you” after I messaged two people saying that He didn’t. That man walked up to me and walked away. In October last year a man asked me if I knew Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior after I asked him how he was doing, and I replied no but I’m beginning to see a light he replied do it this week we don’t know how much time we have left. I’ve had other strangers talk to Jesus about me. I am thinking these are God prompted events As a way of God trying to get my attention. I hope so.

As I have no other input as to how to pray, I have placed you in God's care for your life. It is up to you how you respond to God's gently drawing of yourself to Him.

May your choice in your response to God's drawing, be one where you gain a sense of God's peace over your life.

May you come to understand God's purposes for your life.

Shalom

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

Christ came into the world to save sinners.

You qualify.
He came just for you and the rest of us.

Salvation is not a feeling. Its a fact.
Its a fact that we are sinners, needing to be forgiven.
Our sin is what qualifies us to be SAVED and FORGIVEN.
You qualify.
Its a fact that Jesus DIED on the Cross so that we can be forgiven, and are forgiven when we go To God and Jesus and say..."save me, im a sinner".
And GOD WILL....

why?

Because Jesus came into the world to save SINNERS.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My question is does God harden our heart? I get the verse says God has mercy on whom he will and on the one he wills God hardens his heart. To me that could mean the natural man is the one whose heart is hardened because he can not receive the things of God. His heart is too hard where to him In hardness of heart; the things of God are foolishness. If it is the natural man, that which is born first, who is hardened then all of us have had hearts hardened. To me that makes what Jesus said more of a fact “you must be be born Anew of God”. The Point I’m trying to make is you are not alone as we all have Bourne the image of the earthly. All of us have. Because to me God never said “some of you need new hearts” but instead “all” need new hearts.

But I personally don’t think it is God who hardens …no darkness being in God…but being turned over to a reprobate mind is what hardens the heart. How is a vessel fitted for destruction to be taken and destroyed? Bitterness. Wrath. Hatred. Spite. Envy? What makes one hardened? To me it is becoming numb and uncaring from destruction and disappointment which comes from the devil and not from God? What is from God? God comes that they may have life and have it more abundantly. This may sound like a bunch of gibberish but I think of Job. The angst and the debate. Who harmed job? Was it satan or God? Well God turned job over in asking satan “have you met my servant job?” But satan was the doer of harm. Does God harm, or save from harm? Job said God had made his heart soft. What you meant for harm, God meant it for good. Why? To remove the hardness? how can things planted grow in stony ground? “You must be born Anew”? However that which is first is …what …in us all. And in the end God restored all job had lost. As in all who have lost for Gods sake …suffering persecution…will inherit not only in this age but also in the age to come…as job showed in “restoration”. The point is …if you are worried about it, if you care enough to acknowledge there is hardness of heart …then is there no softness? You say; you have no conviction but your post says otherwise in your being convicted that you do not want to have a hard heart which you acknowledge. We debate over acknowledging our sins…things we don’t want to do but do them. And God forgives those things because He is good and wants to demonstrate His magnitude of Mercy when we ask of His mercy. What vessel is the vessel off Mercy? Because one vessel is destroyed. It being fitted for destruction and doing what it was fitted by the world to do …to destroy. Yet Jesus said “fear not for I overcome the world”. consider that which is born first which is natural is the vessel fitted for destruction. But “born Anew” born not of the spirit that is in the world but born of God is the vessel of Mercy. That which is born first, that which is born Last… is this not what all of us have experienced …which is both. The earthly vessels and the heavenly vessel given from God; not born again of the spirit of fear but given of God …not a spirit of fear but of power, of a sound mind, and of love. Consider that “a sound mind”…with “a reprobate mind”. Paul said he had walked in the imagination of “a reprobate mind” fulfilling the desires and lust of the flesh …but when it was time…that God might show His Mercy …Paul’s conversation in the world was transformed into “our conversation is in heaven”. Again you are not alone. I’ve experienced bitterness, hatred, no conviction…a hardness of heart. But I’ve also tasted of Mercy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My question is does God harden our heart? I get the verse says God has mercy on whom he will and on the one he wills God hardens his heart. To me that could mean the natural man is the one whose heart is hardened because he can not receive the things of God. His heart is too hard where to him In hardness of heart; the things of God are foolishness. If it is the natural man, that which is born first, who is hardened then all of us have had hearts hardened. To me that makes what Jesus said more of a fact “you must be be born Anew of God”. The Point I’m trying to make is you are not alone as we all have Bourne the image of the earthly. All of us have. Because to me God never said “some of you need new hearts” but instead “all” need new hearts.

But I personally don’t think it is God who hardens …no darkness being in God…but being turned over to a reprobate mind is what hardens the heart. How is a vessel fitted for destruction to be taken and destroyed? Bitterness. Wrath. Hatred. Spite. Envy? What makes one hardened? To me it is becoming numb and uncaring from destruction and disappointment which comes from the devil and not from God? What is from God? God comes that they may have life and have it more abundantly. This may sound like a bunch of gibberish but I think of Job. The angst and the debate. Who harmed job? Was it satan or God? Well God turned job over in asking satan “have you met my servant job?” But satan was the doer of harm. Does God harm, or save from harm? Job said God had made his heart soft. What you meant for harm, God meant it for good. Why? To remove the hardness? how can things planted grow in stony ground? “You must be born Anew”? However that which is first is …what …in us all. And in the end God restored all job had lost. As in all who have lost for Gods sake …suffering persecution…will inherit not only in this age but also in the age to come…as job showed in “restoration”. The point is …if you are worried about it, if you care enough to acknowledge there is hardness of heart …then is there no softness? You say; you have no conviction but your post says otherwise in your being convicted that you do not want to have a hard heart which you acknowledge. We debate over acknowledging our sins…things we don’t want to do but do them. And God forgives those things because He is good and wants to demonstrate His magnitude of Mercy when we ask of His mercy. What vessel is the vessel off Mercy? Because one vessel is destroyed. It being fitted for destruction and doing what it was fitted by the world to do …to destroy. Yet Jesus said “fear not for I overcome the world”. consider that which is born first which is natural is the vessel fitted for destruction. But “born Anew” born not of the spirit that is in the world but born of God is the vessel of Mercy. That which is born first, that which is born Last… is this not what all of us have experienced …which is both. The earthly vessels and the heavenly vessel given from God; not born again of the spirit of fear but given of God …not a spirit of fear but of power, of a sound mind, and of love. Consider that “a sound mind”…with “a reprobate mind”. Paul said he had walked in the imagination of “a reprobate mind” fulfilling the desires and lust of the flesh …but when it was time…that God might show His Mercy …Paul’s conversation in the world was transformed into “our conversation is in heaven”. Again you are not alone. I’ve experienced bitterness, hatred, no conviction…a hardness of heart. But I’ve also tasted of Mercy.
If that doesn’t make sense …what I am saying is this:
Vickie was fitted for destruction. I can go on and on with what started happening as a child to Vickie that made her fearful of everything. I could tell you all the crap that started to fit her for being a vessel of envy, greed, lust, hatred, bitterness and lack of trust. I could tell you how she learned that if you want this world then you will have to steal, cheat, lie and kick to do whatever it takes to obtain it. I could tell you how long she more or less gave God the middle finger. “I will do it my own way.” She told God.
What I’m saying is Vickie was meant to be taken and destroyed because as His Word says: Heaven rejoices over one sinner who repents. For one sinner (Vickie) destroys much good. That isn’t a bad thing to me. Or mean of God to turn her over to satan. Nor evil that Vickie is meant to be destroyed. That is a good thing in my opinion because Vickie destroys much good. She even gets inside her own mind “destroying much good” and fights against the Voice of God …He says “You are Healed” but that which was fitted for destruction (wants to destroy that healing, the health, the soundness of mind) says “It is Not so God!” God says “I make New.” Vickie says “No!” Warring “no, no, no I will continue in my old ways!” God says “You need to GO. You need to be cast out. For My Child is indeed born ANew! My Child is Mercy given from God and this one has been shown My continuous Mercy and Grace.” Vickie :confounded::confounded:. Yes that is right. That vessel hell-bent on destruction is meant to be destroyed. For God desires Mercy.
Satan says, “But Vickie is a vessel of destruction”
Her Father says, “No. Take another look. She is a Vessel having been shown Mercy. I cast out the vessel built for destruction. I told that vessel to depart from Me because I never knew it. Remembering Vickie who did much harm no more. THAT is how much I love the Vessels of Mercy.”
Satan burned …:confounded: !
Hebrews 12:8-11 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons. [9] Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live? [10] For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness. [11] Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

Last edited:

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
.I am thinking these are God prompted events As a way of God trying to get my attention. I hope so.

I pray this is the case as well because the danger of losing one’s salvation is real.

“…exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end” (Hebrews 3:13-14)

So:

“Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour…” (1 Peter 5:8)

sheariah07

Feb 2, 2023
Valenzuela
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Hello! You said you have actively been seeking Christ but it seems vain. This is actually not true that it is in vain because Jesus said whoever the Father draws to him he will in no wise cast out. So the enemy is putting that lie in your mind to discourage you from coming to God.

Remember Apostle Paul that he is a persecutor of the church before and he said himself that he was the chiefest of sinners but the grace of God was given to him as a hope for those who will afterwards believe who are also sinful. He receives the vilest offenders. He came to seek and save the lost and the sinner, not the righteous.

Even Pharaoh was shown mercy by God by showing all his wonders but he refused to humble himself that's why his heart was hardened. He did not seek the Lord but was shown mercy. But you seek him.

He died for all and shows mercy to all. No one excluded.

Romans 11:32 KJV
For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might HAVE MERCY UPON ALL.

So all your thoughts are the enemy's lies and you cannot stand if you don't put on the whole armor of God. You have to meditate on his word and continue seeking God, only to please him and to do his will. Set your heart to seek his kingdom and his righteousness because blessed are those who thirst for righteousness because they shall be filled. Blessed are those who mourn because they shall be comforted.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

Welcome to the forum from a fellow Kentuckian.

Why are you seeking Christ? How are you seeking Christ?

* Go Cats! *

Seekerofthetruth

Feb 5, 2023
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Hello! You said you have actively been seeking Christ but it seems vain. This is actually not true that it is in vain because Jesus said whoever the Father draws to him he will in no wise cast out. So the enemy is putting that lie in your mind to discourage you from coming to God.

Remember Apostle Paul that he is a persecutor of the church before and he said himself that he was the chiefest of sinners but the grace of God was given to him as a hope for those who will afterwards believe who are also sinful. He receives the vilest offenders. He came to seek and save the lost and the sinner, not the righteous.

Even Pharaoh was shown mercy by God by showing all his wonders but he refused to humble himself that's why his heart was hardened. He did not seek the Lord but was shown mercy. But you seek him.

He died for all and shows mercy to all. No one excluded.

Romans 11:32 KJV
For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might HAVE MERCY UPON ALL.

So all your thoughts are the enemy's lies and you cannot stand if you don't put on the whole armor of God. You have to meditate on his word and continue seeking God, only to please him and to do his will. Set your heart to seek his kingdom and his righteousness because blessed are those who thirst for righteousness because they shall be filled. Blessed are those who mourn because they shall be comforted.
I have good news. In January of 2020 a man came up to me out of the blue and told me “Jesus loves you” after I messaged two people saying that He didn’t. That man walked up to me and walked away. In October last year a man asked me if I knew Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior after I asked him how he was doing and I replied no but I’m beginning to see a light he replied do it this week we don’t know how much time we have left. I’ve had other strangers talk to Jesus about me. I have been actively seeking Jesus for several months now. God bless. I am thinking these are God prompted events As a way of God trying to get my attention. I hope so.

Seekerofthetruth

Feb 5, 2023
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I pray this is the case as well because the danger of losing one’s salvation is real.

“…exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end” (Hebrews 3:13-14)

So:

“Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour…” (1 Peter 5:8)
I am not a born again Christian though so I never lost my salvation to begin with. I’ve been seeking God for several months now and when I do I grind and gnash so to speak. If the finger of God has indeed hardened my heart I should just accept my fate and give up. I’m thinking about giving up. I don’t think God loves me or cares about me either. I believe He doesn’t. I consider myself worthless in His eyes. I don’t think me being worthless in Jesus’ eyes is a lie from Satan in my case. My punishment in hell will be a lot worse than the rich man mentioned in Luke 16.

Last edited:

Seekerofthetruth

Feb 5, 2023
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Well I think I have absorbed the belief that God (Jesus) doesn’t love me for years and years without consciously thinking about it. I remember about a decade ago telling my mom God hates me. It’s hard to unlearn lies when you have absorbed them for a long time.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the finger of God has indeed hardened my heart I should just accept my fate and give up.

“For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.” (Galatians 6:8-9)

The fact that you are conscience of your situation is a good sign.

Don’t give up.

Sow to the Spirit.

Believe the gospel.

Depart from the works of darkness.

Reactions: Seekerofthetruth

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I think I have absorbed the belief that God (Jesus) doesn’t love me for years and years without consciously thinking about it. I remember about a decade ago telling my mom God hates me. It’s hard to unlearn lies when you have absorbed them for a long time.
I wish I knew how to help you unlearn that little beaut. How did that one come about?

sheariah07

Feb 2, 2023
Valenzuela
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
I have good news. In January of 2020 a man came up to me out of the blue and told me “Jesus loves you” after I messaged two people saying that He didn’t. That man walked up to me and walked away. In October last year a man asked me if I knew Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior after I asked him how he was doing and I replied no but I’m beginning to see a light he replied do it this week we don’t know how much time we have left. I’ve had other strangers talk to Jesus about me. I have been actively seeking Jesus for several months now. God bless. I am thinking these are God prompted events As a way of God trying to get my attention. I hope so.
He does get your attention.

Acts 17:26-28 KJV
And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
[27] That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
[28] For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.