i think God should forgive honest people if they lack knowledge and you need to show mercy!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Holy999

Feb 18, 2020
stockholm
Faith
Christian
Country
Sweden
can you say me it part of the problem or the soultion.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The answer to your problem or lack of understanding is here:

"But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more." Luke 12:48

God is fair!

Reactions: DNB and Pisteuo

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Also Romans 1:18-32 tells us that God gave people a conscience, so everyone knows what is wrong and if they willfully choose to do wrong, then God will destroy them.
Romans 1:27 particularly mentions homosexuality as a sin befitting the wage of death.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It is written that the Gospel has gone out into all the world, so that ignorance would be a rather dubious excuse.
But, of course, we expect that their are remote areas in the world, or people who have prematurely perished, that have not had the opportunity to hear the Word of God. And to that, I think @amadeus gave a viable explanation, that judgement will be commensurate to what one has been offered. Equally substantial is the response by @Keraz , for the conscience also, makes all aware of the Law of the Heart (Romans 2:14-16).

Reactions: amadeus

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i think God should forgive honest people if they lack knowledge and you need to show mercy!!
OP ^

Pretty sure God did not ask us for our opinions.
God is all knowing, men are not.
Men Lie, WITH and without - Intent.

God has provided the means for the world to Hear about Him. And man has the FREEWILL to Hear or not, believe or Not, Commit to Him or Not.
God is NOT fooled by lip service (as men are).
God hears a Heartful Confession of Belief and instantly with His Power changes that man.

* God Offers and forgives the truly repentant, Because God IS Merciful.
* God Effects the change in a man whose Confession of Belief is heartfully True, Because God IS Faithful.
* God allows man FREEWILL to Choose or Reject Him, (to have the result of their own choice).
Because God IS Just.

Glory to God,
Taken

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
" i think God should forgive honest people if they lack knowledge and you need to show mercy!! "

King David searched across the whole country to find honest people to work in his government or household.

Can you find any honest people in your country ?

Who says that God does not forgive them ? (it seems impossible for the sons of disobedience to be honest/truthful)

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I think your OP title is rather presumptuous. We are not to tell God what He should, could, or would do in any given situation. He will deal justly with every man, woman, and child. "Shall not the Judge of all the earth deal justly?”[Genesis 18:25c]