i think i commited the unforgivible sin?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lunaluna10

Sep 1, 2016
So like many of you probably know in Matthew 12:31 it is said “Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men.
And ever since i found out about that verse i feel like i've been constantly doing it. It is like this thing when you tell your self not to think about a pink bunny, you'll immediately will think about a pink bunny. So i've been saying horrible things about the spirit because i just can't control my mind. I've asked god for forgiveness for this many times and asked him to help me control my mind but it's not helping. I've seen many people online saying that what i did wasn't blasphemy because didn't mean it, or because i haven't seen the power of the spirit with my own eyes and then denied it because of arrogance (i feel like i haven't fully grasped the power and importance of the spirit yet) but what if they are wrong? what if the terrible things i said in my head where enough to make me fully lose the change to ever go to heaven. This thought really terrifies me, what if i'm going to hell and there is nothing i can do about it anymore? :( :(

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear one this is Satan and his horde attacking you. The battlefield (spiritual warfare) is in your mind. I assure you there is no way you committed this sin.

Jesus was speaking to the men of His day. They were attributing the works He did (miracles) to the devil. These are the ones guilty of the sin.

Continue to pray! I love you in the Lord and will be praying for you also! (Luke 18:1-8)

Even that you are concerned tells me you have not committed any true sin against God. The fact that you are combatting these thoughts is evidence of your true conviction.

We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ, - 2 Corinthians 10:5

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
lunaluna10 said:
So like many of you probably know in Matthew 12:31 it is said “Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men.
And ever since i found out about that verse i feel like i've been constantly doing it. It is like this thing when you tell your self not to think about a pink bunny, you'll immediately will think about a pink bunny. So i've been saying horrible things about the spirit because i just can't control my mind. I've asked god for forgiveness for this many times and asked him to help me control my mind but it's not helping. I've seen many people online saying that what i did wasn't blasphemy because didn't mean it, or because i haven't seen the power of the spirit with my own eyes and then denied it because of arrogance (i feel like i haven't fully grasped the power and importance of the spirit yet) but what if they are wrong? what if the terrible things i said in my head where enough to make me fully lose the change to ever go to heaven. This thought really terrifies me, what if i'm going to hell and there is nothing i can do about it anymore? :( :(
ya, sounds familiar, i bet everyone goes through this at some point. If you did not have a conscience, you wouldn't care, so you demonstrate that you have not blasphemed the Spirit. There is no hell to "go" to of course; "no one knows where they go when they die," so i see that you have been called to Christ from fear of hell--like most of us, i guess--and you now have some Apostasy to rid yourself of, but this will happen naturally, the more you study for yourself, and reject the doctrines of men. Rely on yourself, and the Spirit to guide you in your learning, and don't flinch when examining the apparent contradictions that Scripture presents, as most people do, and trust that as long as you seek God, you are hedged by Him.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
lunaluna10 said:
yes teh devil loves this one played the same trick on a friend of mine, your not the first and will not be the last

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hi Luna!

And ever since i found out about that verse i feel like i've been constantly doing it. It is like this thing when you tell your self not to think about a pink bunny, you'll immediately will think about a pink bunny. So i've been saying horrible things about the spirit because i just can't control my mind. I've asked god for forgiveness for this many times and asked him to help me control my mind but it's not helping. I've seen many people online saying that what i did wasn't blasphemy because didn't mean it, or because i haven't seen the power of the spirit with my own eyes and then denied it because of arrogance
It's the old forbidden thing that we seem to be tempted by and all of us have been there at least once in our lives. Adam and Eve did the same thing when God told them not to eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, least they die Genesis 2:17, but praise be to God who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit has to be a genuine thing where a person totally rejects the Holy Spirit's presence in their lives.This Spirit dwelling within each believer is the same Spirit that raised Jesus from the dead. He knows us intimately, he knows our very heart and I agree with all the above posts, that you have not blasphemed the Holy Spirit by thinking evil things about the Holy Spirit but you have come to the realization that you are aware of his presence in the light of our rebellious soul who still wants to do what it likes. Galatians 5:16-17. God knows our heart and is mindful that that we are but dust. Psalm 103:14. He is a merciful God, that is why believers are always in a process of sanctification, always becoming more like Christ and less like the world and we do this with the help of the Holy Spirit....JM2c

Blessings!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you had committed the unpardonable sin you would not be here talking about it. This accusation is a trick of the devil to destroy and to paralyze your faith.

Reactions: Born_Again

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe no Christian will ever fall prey to committing the unpardonable sin in this modern age.

Mt 12:31-32:
Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.”

The unpardonable sin was a special sin committed only by the Pharisees!

Mark 3:30 reads:
Because they (Pharisees) said, He (Jesus) hath an unclean spirit (attributed Jesus’ power to Satan rather than to the Holy Spirit).

To God Be The Glory

7angels

Aug 13, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lunaluna10 said:
an easy way to find out is to see if you are still repentant. if you are sorry or worried you have done it then that tells you that you have not done it. you cannot commit the unpardonable sin and be sorry. when you get to the point of committing the unpardonable sin then your heart is already hardened to the point where it would not bother you.

God bless

biotheist

Dec 28, 2016
lunaluna10 said:
If you follow the evil one, then knowing you're going to hell would only fuel a rage to continue his work.

You're not one of his, you're to confused to be useful to him. But God can use you, if you realize following Satan is tough.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible says the Holy Spirit is the spirit of truth. So blaspheme against the truth may be what he was talking about. That is, denying the Truth.

Not necessarily ignorance or error. But knowing it and denying it is the blaspheme spoken of.

I must admit i haven't worked it all out myself on this verse, and I've had the same thoughts myself. But i agree with those that say its Satan working on you. Resist him and he will flee.

Take comfort that even Paul said that the good he wanted to do, he didn't do. But the evil he didn't want to do, he did. But it wasn't him, but the evil (flesh) in him.

cga

Oct 24, 2016
Fort Lauderdale, FL
lunaluna10 said:
You would be dead if you committed a sin against the spirit. The holy spirit kills when he is offended, and you can see an example of the indignation of the spirit and his intolerance for sin in these passages,

"See, I am sending an angel ahead of you to guard you along the way and to bring you to the place I have prepared. Pay attention to him and listen to what he says. Do not rebel against him; he will not forgive your rebellion, since my Name is in him. (Exodus 23:21 [NIV])

In all their distress he too was distressed, and the angel of his presence saved them. In his love and mercy he redeemed them; he lifted them up and carried them all the days of old. Yet they rebelled and grieved his Holy Spirit. So he turned and became their enemy and he himself fought against them. (Isaiah 63:9 [NIV])

And also look what happened to Ananias and Sapphira, they died when they lied to the holy spirit that was inside Peter, which was a sin against the spirit just as blasphemy against the spirit is also a sin.

Then Peter said, "Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit and have kept for yourself some of the money you received for the land?...When Ananias heard this, he fell down and died. And great fear seized all who heard what had happened. (Acts 5:3-5)

While you are still alive and breath in your lungs, there is still opportunity for mercy, repentance, and forgiveness.

Odn

Jan 13, 2017
Phoenix AZ subborb
cga said:
You would be dead if you committed a sin against the spirit. The holy spirit kills when he is offended, and you can see an example of the indignation of the spirit and his intolerance for sin in these passages,

"See, I am sending an angel ahead of you to guard you along the way and to bring you to the place I have prepared. Pay attention to him and listen to what he says. Do not rebel against him; he will not forgive your rebellion, since my Name is in him. (Exodus 23:21 [NIV])

In all their distress he too was distressed, and the angel of his presence saved them. In his love and mercy he redeemed them; he lifted them up and carried them all the days of old. Yet they rebelled and grieved his Holy Spirit. So he turned and became their enemy and he himself fought against them. (Isaiah 63:9 [NIV])

And also look what happened to Ananias and Sapphira, they died when they lied to the holy spirit that was inside Peter, which was a sin against the spirit just as blasphemy against the spirit is also a sin.

Then Peter said, "Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit and have kept for yourself some of the money you received for the land?...When Ananias heard this, he fell down and died. And great fear seized all who heard what had happened. (Acts 5:3-5)

While you are still alive and breath in your lungs, there is still opportunity for mercy, repentance, and forgiveness.
People, Christians lie before the Holy Spirit all the time, even swear on the Bible: ".. so help me God!"

Acts 12:23 where Herod offended God the Holy Spirit and was eaten by worms, so we know that every evil thought is an offense to our Holy God, but that is NOT the unforgivable sin. Let's see what it really is:

Mathew 12:
22 Then one was brought to Him who was demon-possessed, blind and mute; and He healed him, so that the blind and mute man both spoke and saw. 23 And all the multitudes were amazed and said, “Could this be the Son of David?”
24 Now when the Pharisees heard it they said, “This fellow does not cast out demons except by Beelzebub, the ruler of the demons.”

The Pharisees called the Power of the Holy Spirit a demon, THAT is the unpardonable sin, yet God did not kill them right there!, .. and if what you say is true, why not?
And all the other offenses against the Spirit, like lying, even beating and killing the Disciples because of the Holy Spirit in them people do all the time, and yet we don't see people being struck down for them. God made example of these that you mention Brother.

But here is the ongoing blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, which as it is written will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come, .. Ready? I believe you agree with me on this!?

The Trinity Doctrine made Jesus the man (Word in the flesh) a deified god (Pharaohs were deified by the pagan Priests as gods on earth, so is the Pope) whom the members of the Christian Religion call "sun-god", which in reality is none other than the Devil, or Lucifer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcpVrtv2t-M&t=117s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8FHjHfK58A&t=78s

The Trinity split our Infinite Spirit Creator who is the Father of His Son Word (who later became flesh/Jesus Christ) into two-gods; father-god, and spirit-god who reside NOT in Heaven (obviously) but in the supernatural realm. Then they deified Jesus the man into the third god of the un-holy trinity, actually they made him the godhead; the sun-god.

The Trinity-gods:

father-god
sun-god
spirit-god

= the Trinity-gods who reside none other than in the 'supernatural realm' where all the demons/fallen angels reside for now since they were cast out of Heaven.

Please Brothers and Sisters, Google the word "supernatural", and the word "deities" who reside in the "supernatural realm", or look it up in ANY Biblical Reference works and you will see the stark contrast to our Creator and His Son Word/Jesus who are in Heaven.
And what in the name of Heaven are Believers, Disciples of Jesus Christ going to 'Schools of Divinity', where they get their degree in none other than 'Divination'!? What, where in the Bible can anyone find that we are to become 'mediums' to divining spirits, or have anything to do with the 'supernatural realm'??

THAT there is the unforgivable sin, where millions pray to, and even baptize in their name.

So what will Jesus respond to: "‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?"

Mathew 7:21 "Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

God bless.

cga

Oct 24, 2016
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Odn said:
People, Christians lie before the Holy Spirit all the time, even swear on the Bible: ".. so help me God!"

Acts 12:23 where Herod offended God the Holy Spirit and was eaten by worms, so we know that every evil thought is an offense to our Holy God, but that is NOT the unforgivable sin. Let's see what it really is:

Mathew 12:
22 Then one was brought to Him who was demon-possessed, blind and mute; and He healed him, so that the blind and mute man both spoke and saw. 23 And all the multitudes were amazed and said, “Could this be the Son of David?”
24 Now when the Pharisees heard it they said, “This fellow does not cast out demons except by Beelzebub, the ruler of the demons.”

The Pharisees called the Power of the Holy Spirit a demon, THAT is the unpardonable sin, yet God did not kill them right there!, .. and if what you say is true, why not?
And all the other offenses against the Spirit, like lying, even beating and killing the Disciples because of the Holy Spirit in them people do all the time, and yet we don't see people being struck down for them. God made example of these that you mention Brother.

But here is the ongoing blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, which as it is written will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come, .. Ready? I believe you agree with me on this!?

The Trinity Doctrine made Jesus the man (Word in the flesh) a deified god (Pharaohs were deified by the pagan Priests as gods on earth, so is the Pope) whom the members of the Christian Religion call "sun-god", which in reality is none other than the Devil, or Lucifer.

The Trinity split our Infinite Spirit Creator who is the Father of His Son Word (who later became flesh/Jesus Christ) into two-gods; father-god, and spirit-god who reside NOT in Heaven (obviously) but in the supernatural realm. Then they deified Jesus the man into the third god of the un-holy trinity, actually they made him the godhead; the sun-god.

The Trinity-gods:

father-god
sun-god
spirit-god

= the Trinity-gods who reside none other than in the 'supernatural realm' where all the demons/fallen angels reside for now since they were cast out of Heaven.

Please Brothers and Sisters, Google the word "supernatural", and the word "deities" who reside in the "supernatural realm", or look it up in ANY Biblical Reference works and you will see the stark contrast to our Creator and His Son Word/Jesus who are in Heaven.
And what in the name of Heaven are Believers, Disciples of Jesus Christ going to 'Schools of Divinity', where they get their degree in none other than 'Divination'!? What, where in the Bible can anyone find that we are to become 'mediums' to divining spirits, or have anything to do with the 'supernatural realm'??

THAT there is the unforgivable sin, where millions pray to, and even baptize in their name.

So what will Jesus respond to: "‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?"

Mathew 7:21 "Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

God bless.
And that's because not always does the holy spirit strike everyone dead that commits a sin near him. Clearly, even when Simon the sorcerer offered the apostles money to try to receive the holy spirit, yet the holy spirit in each of the apostles did not strike him dead even though he was clearly sinning. Look what Peter said to him,

Repent of this wickedness and pray to the Lord in the hope that he may forgive you for having such a thought in your heart. (Acts 8:22 [NIV])

And the reason behind this is because God, although he is severe, is also merciful. So whilest the sins against the Father and against Jesus Christ can all be forgiven, the spirit, on the other hand, can choose to not pardon and kill when he becomes offended. And we have seen ample examples of the holy spirit killing when he becomes offended.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lunaluna10 said:
The unpardonable sin is final impenitence.
You can only be guilty of it if you die in that state.

Until then - you have the opportunity to repent.
I wouldn't wait too long, though.

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
This is not has nothing to do with this topic, it isn't even coherent. It's a straw man argument. The doctrine of the trinity doesn't assert more than one God, so you're just denying some false doctrine of the trinity that any other Trinitarian would deny just as easily. If you want to argue the doctrine of the trinity, why not start a thread on it and present the actual doctrine?

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
So like many of you probably know in Matthew 12:31 it is said “Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men.[/size]
And ever since i found out about that verse i feel like i've been constantly doing it. It is like this thing when you tell your self not to think about a pink bunny, you'll immediately will think about a pink bunny. So i've been saying horrible things about the spirit because i just can't control my mind. I've asked god for forgiveness for this many times and asked him to help me control my mind but it's not helping. I've seen many people online saying that what i did wasn't blasphemy because didn't mean it, or because i haven't seen the power of the spirit with my own eyes and then denied it because of arrogance (i feel like i haven't fully grasped the power and importance of the spirit yet) but what if they are wrong? what if the terrible things i said in my head where enough to make me fully lose the change to ever go to heaven. This thought really terrifies me, what if i'm going to hell and there is nothing i can do about it anymore? :([/size] :([/size] [/size]
Unlike most people who would rather reassure you that you have nothing to worry about, I have something that I think is a bit more useful. You aren't alone in your concern for your salvation, and Paul himself instructed his church to "work out your salvation in fear and trembling". Since your final destination isn't exactly something that you have quite as much control over as your own thoughts, it seems more profitable to concentrate on those thoughts that are bothering you so much. I use the word "concentrate" intentionally. Instead of worry about the content of your thoughts just be aware of them. I read some comments from Spurgeon years ago where he confessed that before going out to preach the gospel he would become aware of the most horrid blasphemous thoughts running through his head. He had some serious doubts, but he persevered. The bible is full of examples just like his; e.g. Moses, Isaiah, etc. The first thing they notice is that they're aware of who they really are; hopeless degenerates. Just like Jeremiah, they proclaim how 'desperately wicked and deceitful above all things" their hearts are. This is how one is convicted by the Holy Spirit, and the gift of repentance is provided.

Observe them and realize this one thing: you are not your thoughts.

So many people tend to identify with their thoughts that they become completely crippled by them. They think, "I can't do that, I'm not old enough, good enough, intelligent enough, etc." Along with your thoughts, take notice of the emotions that accompany them. Our emotions are what give power to our thoughts. Again, all I'm suggesting is that you just sit and observe this. Just allow what is going on in your mind and body to become part of your awareness. This is an exercise that helps to break down what is going on in you. I don't mean break down as destroy, but to break it up into understandable pieces so that you can then deal with it. No doubt it is confusion and all confusion is from the devil. But becoming proactive in dealing with it is key.

Having said that, there are many other verses of scripture that can have this same effect, and coincidentally scripture also provides a wealth of information to calm the mind, e.g. psalms, proverbs, etc. Our minds are constantly being bombarded with messages from all over. The mainstream media; tv, radio, magazines etc. You really can't get away from it, but you can build up the armor of God.

The first thing I did was to get into the bible a little more, then I turned off the boob tube, then the radio.What I realized was that those messages were actualizing themselves in my life. I could see the themes from songs I listened to manifesting in my life, e.g. girlfriends cheating on me, " a tear in my bear" etc. Just prior to waking up one morning I though I was listening to a song on the radio. It was as clear as if the speaker was right next to my ear. It was closer than my ears; it was in my head. Our minds are like sponges, and we have to decide what we're going to soak up.We can soak up scum or we can soak up water that quenches our deepest thirst.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Odn said:

Mathew 12:

The Trinity-gods:

father-god
sun-god
spirit-god

God bless.
WOW - I marvel at the complete ignorance of some people.
You didn't even bother to do your homework before writing this . . .

First of all - get your story on the Trinity right because you're WAY off.

Secondly, the Youtube links are absurd - especially the one about the "Reptile Jesus" sculpture, narrated by what sounds like Larry the Cable Guy.

Have you ever read about this sculpture before?? Granted, it's not MY favorite piece of art but it is a depiction of Jesus rising out of a nuclear crater with the souls of the faithful. It was the artist's (Pericle Fazzini) tribute to the peace preached by Jesus in contrast with the weapons of mass destruction created by mankind.

Do yourself a favor and do some research before posting this kind of nonsense.