Removed Thread.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I've never been good at making and keeping friendships. I have never had a girlfriend either!

For the past 20 years I've been working a Custodial job for a school. It is at night, 2nd shift. I have been dealing with strong emotions that makes me feel left out and not cared for. There are reasons I could tell you about, that might explain things but I don't want to write them out yet, it would take time. I just want to get onto my prayer request explanation.

I feel like Satan has been using my alone time, to attack me. Here is what keeps popping into my head: "nobody cares about you" "nobody cares about you" "God doesn't care about you" "you should be angry at him" "You are in this situation because you didn't do good enough with life" "your stupid" These negative thoughts just keep going over and over in my head. Of course Satan's lies are extra deceitful because they contain some truth. It is true that I'm probably not the smartest person in the world. It is true that those at the school don't care about me. It's fairly obvious by their actions. For an example, when a worker or teacher decides to quit and move on. Nobody talks about them anymore. It's just like, they come and gone, and who cares. On top of that, nobody ever seeks me out, to see how I'm doing. I'm just left by myself to do whatever I do... Nobody cares as long as things get done. BUT the teachers tend to care for each other. There are only two other Custodians there, and they don't seem to care either. It's basically just every man for himself...

Going back to what I was saying earlier. It might be true that I didn't put in enough effort at life. I don't know. My history was kinda hard. It is also true that people I grew up around. My peers didn't like me. I never understood why... I can rack my brains, all day long on that one!

Lately I've been feeling like I've been really getting beat up by the Devil. This has been going on for all this year. So I decided I will log on here and ask for prayer.
G'day AlwaysOnAJourney.....well, that's not a bad thing :)
You can be certain the devil is the accuser because the facts are you are loved more than you can imagine.....you just need to discover the details of that.
When it comes to other people not caring or liking you, you can be up-front and ask them this is how you feel and is it true? Some might give you answers/information you can learn from. In any case, don't be discouraged, we all have many things to learn about ourselves and about other people annnnnnnnd, how much we are loved by the one that gives life.

Last edited:

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I feel like Satan has been using my alone time, to attack me.
Yup, that's what the creep does, but you've already got him beat because you KNOW it's him up to his little tricks and can therefore ignore him..:)
It's the poor slobs who don't believe he even exists who are the ones he'll have for breakfast.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I've never been good at making and keeping friendships. I have never had a girlfriend either!

For the past 20 years I've been working a Custodial job for a school. It is at night, 2nd shift. I have been dealing with strong emotions that makes me feel left out and not cared for. There are reasons I could tell you about, that might explain things but I don't want to write them out yet, it would take time. I just want to get onto my prayer request explanation.

I feel like Satan has been using my alone time, to attack me. Here is what keeps popping into my head: "nobody cares about you" "nobody cares about you" "God doesn't care about you" "you should be angry at him" "You are in this situation because you didn't do good enough with life" "your stupid" These negative thoughts just keep going over and over in my head. Of course Satan's lies are extra deceitful because they contain some truth. It is true that I'm probably not the smartest person in the world. It is true that those at the school don't care about me. It's fairly obvious by their actions. For an example, when a worker or teacher decides to quit and move on. Nobody talks about them anymore. It's just like, they come and gone, and who cares. On top of that, nobody ever seeks me out, to see how I'm doing. I'm just left by myself to do whatever I do... Nobody cares as long as things get done. BUT the teachers tend to care for each other. There are only two other Custodians there, and they don't seem to care either. It's basically just every man for himself...

Going back to what I was saying earlier. It might be true that I didn't put in enough effort at life. I don't know. My history was kinda hard. It is also true that people I grew up around. My peers didn't like me. I never understood why... I can rack my brains, all day long on that one!

Lately I've been feeling like I've been really getting beat up by the Devil. This has been going on for all this year. So I decided I will log on here and ask for prayer.
You got it! Praying for you and your situation. :pray: Blessings and Peace! xox

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will pray for you Always, it is so difficult to go through life without friends, we need others in our life, especially Christians and, I have had such a hard time "fitting in" the church's over the years so, I no longer am even looking for one as, it hurts way more when a brother or sister pass us by. I will pray for His peace and joy despite what our circumstances bring us.
god bless brother!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Over the weekend I felt better. I wasn't hearing the voice in my head either. :)

I'm really stuck on what to think about the whole friendship thing. Last night I was praying about someone that was friendly to me in 2015 ~ very early 2021, and then for no good reason they changed. Now days they just behave towards me however they feel like behaving towards me. In fact I think that I could sense that even way back. But now days I'm no longer as appreciated as I was back then. Anyways I was telling the Lord, that I don't like how this person is treating me. And I pointed out that with as long as we've known each other, and how often I've talked with this person etc. I think our "friendship" or "relationship" should of grown into something better then it has. I don't know if the Lord will do anything about it or not. I've seen this kind of pattern before. In fact it's this kind of pattern I used to deal with in High School.

One thing I think being a Custodian for a School, really shows you, is how selfish people actually are! People take an advantage of the those that are below them in power. It's like those sci-fi giant B rated movies. Where a person drinks a potion or something and then grows into a giant. After that they being stomping out all the little people. As stupid as those flicks are, I think they do a decent job showing the evil that is in the human heart. It's like when I was in School and got bullied all the time. Many times it was done by people that I couldn't physically overpower.

When it comes to friendships, I wish I could be in a Church where I could have real friends. I even wish my work relationships were better then they are. But it kinda appears to me, that most people at work, have whatever friendship, or family they want, outside of work. And the work relationships don't really matter that much to them. Unfortunately for me, my only contact with people, outside of my parents, is at work. So I've always had to make due with those at work. In the past, I've had more interesting co-workers. Who would talk with me, about our job. Now I have a guy who never talks unless I try to talk to him. He can't hear very well, so it's really hard to talk to him.
Work used to BE my social life, and now finding myself without one! I can relate to all you've written. God said it is not good that man should be alone. We do especially need other Christians around us as much as we can but, it is not always easy to find ones who will actually love us like Jesus said: "This is how they will know you are my followers, if you have love for one another" Funny, one would think Christians would be the first to welcome another Christian but, too much presumption. People bring their pre conceived notions and bias's in the church with them. This site is my church as, the buildings have not been very helpful.
Chin up, try to find another job where you will be around people perhaps. Wish we lived closer, we could study together without judgement brother.
God bless and keep you strong!

Reactions: GracefulWarrior

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi AlwaysOnAJourney, I don't know you but I'll pray for you! Dear heavenly Father God, I pray for AlwaysOnAJourney, that you'll help him not to listen to those negative, deceitful things that Satan can throw at him and I pray that he'll gain friendships and that you'll provide a nice life for him as he follows you, in Jesus' name, Amen!

And I want to add that I care. I have tried to find friends in real life but it's so hard. I've tried things but I just don't get along with the people provided except there's this really old guy but he's too old for me but I still say hi and talk to him when I see him. It was easier to make friends in school but I was too anxious back then. This week I'm going to a Cultural Fellowship night for the first time. I don't know if I'll get along with anyone either. God bless you!

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hm... I think you're talking to me AlwaysOnAJourney, since you said "you" would want a mate too or something like that but you never mentioned my name or gave me 'likes', not that you have to but it's polite and nice. I would like a friend who just likes me for who I am and would talk about anything and is friendly, polite, nice, something along those lines and would just be a friend. We don't always have to talk if there's nothing to talk about but if we have time we can and those are the people I would get back to but if I got a boyfriend and he didn't like me to have a guy who's an online friend then that's when I'd have to end the friendship. :( However, I think I'd like a boyfriend who's okay with me having a guy as a friend too and trusts me. Have a happy thanksgiving!

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ok, I share some of your views but on this forum I use the 'like' button 'cause it's a very friendly forum, everyone gives "likes" but it's ok if you don't like it. I can understand that some people can feel left out if they don't have a 'like' but others have 'likes', but on this forum everyone seems to get "likes" and I just thought that if someone sent you a message that they'd pray for you or sent a message of prayer or a friendly response that they should get a 'like', but again, I can understand that you don't like the "like" button. Also I agree that a boyfriend should allow you to have other guy friends as long as they know and trust you that you only like them as friends and it's them that you'll always be into and like and are settling for. I have a question, why do you not have any posts writing about God as I checked your profile, correct me if I'm wrong. I only have a few posts about God because one of my medications which I'm withdrawing from causes me a lack of motivation. Thanks for your response.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I feel like Satan has been using my alone time, to attack me

Fill this alone time with the word of God.

Otherwise:

“When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest; and finding none, he saith, I will return unto my house whence I came out. And when he cometh, he findeth it swept and garnished. Then goeth he, and taketh to him seven other spirits more wicked than himself; and they enter in, and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first.” (Luke 11:24-26)

So:

“Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.” (James 4:7-8)

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Just to add a little more about myself, I have quite some posts about God because I read the whole bible once and I began studying the bible a little when I wasn't on such psychiatric medication which I'm withdrawing from and don't need anymore as something natural helped me after. So I'm not empty-headed (I'm just talking about myself here to be clear) and can still discuss a little or something in topics.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fill this alone time with the word of God.

Otherwise:

“When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest; and finding none, he saith, I will return unto my house whence I came out. And when he cometh, he findeth it swept and garnished. Then goeth he, and taketh to him seven other spirits more wicked than himself; and they enter in, and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first.” (Luke 11:24-26)

So:

“Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.” (James 4:7-8)
Spot on right my friend . Let us always stir one another up with the pure and holy reminders of truth . We can pray more
be reading the bible more . Spend the alone time focusing on GOD . exactly .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You kinda hit the nail on the head. You didn't realize it but you kinda made my point about what is wrong with the "like" button. People feel left out if they don't get a "like". If it wasn't an option then people wouldn't feel left out if they didn't get as many as someone else. In fact the "like" button and the other emotion buttons, made me feel awful on the site I just left! Some people would write something to me that was awful, and yet in the first paragraph, things sounded pretty good. It was the second paragraph where things went sideways. Someone not thinking quickly sees the "good" paragraph, and because they agreed with it, they would click "like" on the post. I was wondering "what on earth was going on!" So I contacted one of the people who liked the post, and then they went back re read what they "liked" and told me it was because they agreed with the first paragraph! I felt awful due to all the likes that post was getting. But apparently people weren't reading all that was there before they hit like.
Its why ALL must be read . because this is how folks can be led astray . We gotta read it all and if even one sentence is off
we must correct the person .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't want to make list of anything that someone here might call "controversial". I'm not prepared to defend anyone. So what I'm going to do is just share the one that I'm currently listening too. It's through the book of Matthew.

I'm using the stitcher link, because it was easier for me download for my player.

He goes for 10 minutes. So I put 6 in each folder to create an hour.

Just as an example:

Code:
19 Hour
│   ├── 0108 - BIBLE AVALANCHE - Jesus Fulfills Each Bit of the Sacrificial Law [68276409].mp3
│   ├── 0109 - It's A Trap!!! [68315178].mp3
│   ├── 0110 - You Have Heard It Said... But I Tell You [68355708].mp3
│   ├── 0111 - You Will Be Awarded Zero Points For Not Murdering Anyone, Because Not Murdering Is a Minimal Expectation In This Course [68420007].mp3
│   ├── 0112 - Moving Beyond Just Not Murdering People (Although Not Murdering People Is a Great Start) [68453065].mp3
│   └── 0113 - Captain America's Note to Iron Man at the End of Civil War Made Me Cry & You Should Be Crying Too [68487036].mp3
├── 20 Hour
│   ├── 0114 - Settling Out of Court [68513156].mp3
│   ├── 0115 - Adultrying is Hard [68541751].mp3
│   ├── 0116 - Chiseling Away the Yuck to Find the Surprising Beauty Beneath [68602129].mp3
│   ├── 0117 - I Will MAKE it Legal! [68634803].mp3
│   ├── 0118 - The One About Oaths That Starts With the Princess Bride [68663267].mp3
│   └── 0119 - Did Matthew and Luke Cheat Off of Mark's Paper? [68691245].mp3
├── 21 Hour
│   ├── 0120 - Aggressive Cheek Turning [68718924].mp3
│   ├── 0121 - My Mom Made Me Watch The Butter Cream Gang and I Still Love Her [68773338].mp3
│   ├── 0122 - Is Loving Your Enemy the Hardest Thing Jesus Says? [68803241].mp3
│   ├── 0123 - The Kind of Game Where You Play Against the Game [68830269].mp3
│   ├── 0124 - Dang, Matthew Five, You've Been Intense! [68859306].mp3
│   └── 0125 - What's the Point of Religious Drills in the Kingdom? [68886404].mp3
├── 22 Hour
│   ├── 0126 - Everybody's Afraid They're a Fraud Sometimes [68960258].mp3
│   ├── 0127 - Mike Seaver Loves Babies Just Because It's the Right Thing To Do [68992066].mp3
│   ├── 0128 - It's Gross When I'm Hypocritical; I'll Try to Do Better [69022514].mp3
│   ├── 0129 - We're Different When We Talk With Eavesdroppers in Mind [69052428].mp3
│   ├── 0130 - If God Already Knows What's Going to Happen, Why Pray? [69085449].mp3
│   └── 0131 - What is an Oath of Fealty and Why Are We Talking About That Here? [69144498].mp3
├── 23 Hour
│   ├── 0132 - Vested Bannermen vs. Disinterested Peasants [69178061].mp3
│   ├── 0133 - What's the Only Part of the Lord's Prayer Where You Pray For Yourself to Do Something? [69208090].mp3
│   ├── 0134 - No Choking Me, but I Get to Choke You [69241254].mp3
│   ├── 0135 - Does Jesus Make Me Forgive People For Horrible Things? [69270847].mp3
│   ├── 0136 - Giant Matthew Reset [69336653].mp3
│   └── 0137 - Forgiveness = Subaru All Wheel Drive [69367684].mp3
├── 24 Hour
│   ├── 0138 - I Totally Fast the Most out of Everybody and Now I'm Going To Tell You About It In Great Detail [69396717].mp3
│   ├── 0139 - Two Investment Opportunities [69426976].mp3
│   ├── 0140 - You Can't Hit It if You Can't See It [69459893].mp3
│   ├── 0141 - Squish Like Grape [69530788].mp3
│   ├── 0142 - Have We Seen Enough From Jesus Yet to Think He Could Deliver on All He's Saying? [69564552].mp3
│   └── 0143 - What Does It Mean If You Seek First the Kingdom of God and All These Things AREN'T Added Unto You? [69596331].mp3
├── 25 Hour
│   ├── 0144 - Don't Judge: The Dreaded Impenetrable Ping Shield [69632535].mp3
│   ├── 0145 - Kitties Will Puke On Everything You Love and So Will People [69660422].mp3
│   ├── 0146 - Why Is Jesus Calling People Dogs and Pigs Right After He Said Don't Judge? [69719150].mp3
│   ├── 0147 - What Am I Supposed to do With Dogs and Pigs? [69746555].mp3
│   ├── 0148 - My Dad Wanted Me to Hit His Pitches [69779069].mp3
│   └── 0149 - American Gladiators Will Puke on Everything You Love [69813441].mp3
├── 26 Hour
│   ├── 0150 - Nothing Has Changed: American Gladiators Will STILL Puke On Everything You Love [69842803].mp3
│   ├── 0151 - How Do You Know If You're a Christian? [69893677].mp3
│   ├── 0152 - The Threefold Test of Christianness from 1 John [69919385].mp3
│   ├── 0153 - Only Sith and Jesus Speak in Absolutes? [69952379].mp3
│   ├── 0154 - Outside the Walls is Default [69979800].mp3
│   └── 0155 - IF This is all True, and IF Jesus Can Back it up, Then the Kingdom is the Truest Realest Thing Ever [70013783].mp3
You dont have to defend anyone .
What do you think about todd white or francis chan , or beth moore or the all inclusive social gospel .
Just answer that . dont worry about having to defend anyone .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't listen to Todd White, Francis Chan, or Beth Moore. Beth Moore is the only one that I barely know anything about. That's only because some of the people I listen too, tend to complain about her.

The people I listen too believes the Bible is the complete word of God, and that to be right with God we must follow what He has written.
GOOD they all false . good . I dont use the word false lightly or as an accusation . I examined them well
and they are mega false . That is good my friend .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't listen to Todd White, Francis Chan, or Beth Moore. Beth Moore is the only one that I barely know anything about. That's only because some of the people I listen too, tend to complain about her.

The people I listen too believes the Bible is the complete word of God, and that to be right with God we must follow what He has written.
Ps when pual wrote the church he never said to marry was a sin , HE simply said its better to remain single .
I noticed one of your posts above . What we cant do is put away a wife and marry another
nor marry one that has been put away . LEst it was for the cause of fornication .
also is a spouse dies one can remarry , but again it cannot be to one who was married and was put away or put away their spouse
LEST again it was for the cause of fornication .

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You kinda hit the nail on the head. You didn't realize it but you kinda made my point about what is wrong with the "like" button. People feel left out if they don't get a "like". If it wasn't an option then people wouldn't feel left out if they didn't get as many as someone else. In fact the "like" button and the other emotion buttons, made me feel awful on the site I just left! Some people would write something to me that was awful, and yet in the first paragraph, things sounded pretty good. It was the second paragraph where things went sideways. Someone not thinking quickly sees the "good" paragraph, and because they agreed with it, they would click "like" on the post. I was wondering "what on earth was going on!" So I contacted one of the people who liked the post, and then they went back re read what they "liked" and told me it was because they agreed with the first paragraph! I felt awful due to all the likes that post was getting. But apparently people weren't reading all that was there before they hit like.
Hi AlwaysOnAJourney, thanks for your reply but you didn't reply to my question and share of why you don't discuss about God on the forum. I shared about why I don't have a bunch of posts about God. Thanks

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since we are talking about hearing the voice of Satan, and loneliness. I thought might go ahead and tell you guys publicly this story.

Back when I was on this one Christian Social Networking Site, a woman who had always been very sweet in her conversations with me, made a very strange change when she got engaged. She commented on a post and told me that for some reason it isn't in God's will that I get married. I don't know how she knows this. Just about year or two before, I had a husband and a wife tell me that God had someone for me. Then one of them told me that God told them not to talk to me anymore. Anyways!
That is kind of strange, and I'm sorry they told you what they did. I 've known some who say God tells them this or that when He probably didn't.

I think you could benefit so much from a Christian counselor. You have a lot of things bothering your that they may help you work on. If the one you pick doesn't work, find another one. Sometimes bouncing ideas off of another person trained to listen is a blessing.

Also, job wise, places like indeed post jobs online. https://www.indeed.com/
Your state has an employment service that you can use--both of these are free.
I noticed somewhere that you did not think you could complete a college class. If you want to try, there are many free online classes. If for nothing else, a feather in your cap. There are some fun ones, some It courses, history, cooking, whatever suits you. Try Browse Free Online Courses - FutureLearn ,and again, you don't have to , but it might be fun, interesting, and use some of the time you have to think about those things instead of your sadness.
Best Free Online Courses & Certifications [2023] | Coursera is another one with tons of free classes . If you don't like the class, and don't finish, oh well. I won't say I have completed all I've started, but many I have :)

3 John:1,2
Beloved, I pray that in all things thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth. ..