Removed Thread.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have to try and keep trying. I know its tough, but you have to. I have been there.

The links I gave to you were for you to job hunt, and you had said you dont think you would do well in school. I just wanted you to take a class to show yourself that you can do it , and stop knocking yourself down all the time. There is some fun stuff there, and it would take your mid off of your present circumstances

Nothing wrong with cleaning. I love to do that. there may be jobs that pay more that are cleaning oriented in an enviornment you will like.

That is a shame one of your parents is against you getting counselling, which is absolutely what you are asking for. The folk on this forum can listen, and tell you some things , but cannot assist you. Had you thought about talking to a social worker and maybe getting out on your own? They may be able to assist you with housing then you can be independent. maybe another town in your county so you won't be so put off by the church folk. Independent living may be good for you.

Voc Rehab paid for my books when i went to school. I've had my share of mental illness too. Hospitalized for severe depression many times. I remember asking my psychiatrist to institutionanalise me. He wouldn't do it, and I'm glad he didn't
You really need professional help. Just talk to a social worker for starters.

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yeah, Cassandra is right, you have to keep trying and not knock yourself down all the time. Independent living/housing may be good for you, it sounds good, then you can go counseling on your own without anyone controlling you in the home. I admire people who do cleaning jobs. Good luck! :)

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is impossible for me to anticipate how you and everyone else will respond to my writings. After reading this, I wish I had told you that I had a social worker. She worked with me for about a year, and then she quit her job. I don't think I could get another one. Again if I try, my parents will simply just stop me. I don't think my parents even want me out on my own. They know it isn't possible for me. My job keeps me too busy, and since I have trouble driving, and because I live in the country, I can't get around good enough to do that. There is just too much wrong with me. I'm too reliant on my parents.
I think you are getting somewhere. You are too reliant on your parents, you say...you can change that.
I urge you to please call your state office and get another social worker who can help you where we cant.

Prayer is a wonderful thing, but sometimes God answers by sending people into our lives who can help us--it is still an answer to a prayer.
Please--get another social worker.