I wander about somethings

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

cyann

Jun 9, 2021
Istanbul
Faith
Christian
Country
Turkey
Hi!
I would like some advice and suggestion please. I am fairly new to Christianity, originally ai'm Arab so my upbringing was traditional and faithful. I could not confide in my mama about this decision (Jesus Christ as my Savior), it would break her heart and worsen the anxiety. Since Im raised like a little girl in many respects, I do have a lot to catch up in becoming independent. I am very grateful my family also aspire for me to get ahead in life. I want to do this as authentic and peaceful, because throughout my struggles were "why am not happy in my religion?" .. "is it because of religion or me? Maybe both" and other quarterlife problematic questions.

I am hoping my sincerity in the faith is true. I have learned what I could about Christianity online, what stands out to me is the verse we are "saved by grace through faith in Christ Jesus and not by our own efforts or works (Ephesians 2:8-9)"

This has cause some anxiety. I do believe in the once saved, always saved.. It reassures me, as whehn I first heard about the Lord I was moved by Him very much. Later, I've had to renounce this faith due to external reasons but after some time I came back to Christ.
Sometimes now, ai second-guess myself, "is this temporary for me? Am I serious about my belief in Jesus?" I'm aware that after the pandemic I had a lot to reflect over, studies are held online and I do not have enough interactions or go out much. :(
I live among Muslims only and I have looked back but my want to return for Islam is not happening.. My things are also from former lifestyle and beliefs such as books, writings etc. In a way... I wish to have a Bible with me and not digital, but my pocket money is little and my family are in charge of financial aspect. I wonder if God wants me to have no other means except faith, for now.

There are times I tell myself, "you arent being serious about this, you will pray to Allah (5 daily) again" then I somehow do opposite and enjoy a Bible study, it gets better.

Other things I want to make note here:
I'm not water baptised. Churches are far away and I hardly travel far so chances of me to meet a Christian or church is slim, for now. I also don't have any Christian friend online who will advise and follow up my progress, please let me know if you're willing.. I dont have fb or instagram until recently, I'm not used to it.

Second-guessing myself comes and goes. Also because ai grew up without a dad or bro, so on discovering that I have Father ever since, it was amazing.. Now however, I wonder "is my faith only because what I lacked ai have found in Christianity for this?'.. I can reflect on the Lord, His Miracles such but I question is it just my mind entertaining this idea? As if there is a back-door to Islam in my heart.. Although listening or reading the Word though, none of these second-guesses arise much.

I poured my heart so I'm sorry for any nervous tone in my words and long post.. Please let me know any suggestion/advice or thoughts
Thank you

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My friend: The Lord Jesus Christ is the only solution for a person to fulfilled spiritually (John 3 born again). We are saved by grace through faith; if you believe in heart the Good News of the (Romans 1:16-17) Gospel of Christ you should know it is the power of God unto salvation for anyone who believes. Yeshua Christ is the way, the truth, and the life and (John 14:6) no one gets access to the Father expect by and through Yeshua. Yeshua Christ came and lived a life on this earth and died on a cross then buried and rose again by God. If you believe in the Son of God that is a great thing. You should also know that the Father is a God of comfort (2 Corinthians 1:3-5) for those who are suffering in Christ Jesus and you should know that the Son of God lives in you (Galatians 2:20) by and through faith; in your choice to believe and trust God.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t what other questions you might have

Daniel Veler

Apr 17, 2021
Gulf port
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi!
I would like some advice and suggestion please. I am fairly new to Christianity, originally ai'm Arab so my upbringing was traditional and faithful. I could not confide in my mama about this decision (Jesus Christ as my Savior), it would break her heart and worsen the anxiety. Since Im raised like a little girl in many respects, I do have a lot to catch up in becoming independent. I am very grateful my family also aspire for me to get ahead in life. I want to do this as authentic and peaceful, because throughout my struggles were "why am not happy in my religion?" .. "is it because of religion or me? Maybe both" and other quarterlife problematic questions.

I am hoping my sincerity in the faith is true. I have learned what I could about Christianity online, what stands out to me is the verse we are "saved by grace through faith in Christ Jesus and not by our own efforts or works (Ephesians 2:8-9)"

This has cause some anxiety. I do believe in the once saved, always saved.. It reassures me, as whehn I first heard about the Lord I was moved by Him very much. Later, I've had to renounce this faith due to external reasons but after some time I came back to Christ.
Sometimes now, ai second-guess myself, "is this temporary for me? Am I serious about my belief in Jesus?" I'm aware that after the pandemic I had a lot to reflect over, studies are held online and I do not have enough interactions or go out much. :(
I live among Muslims only and I have looked back but my want to return for Islam is not happening.. My things are also from former lifestyle and beliefs such as books, writings etc. In a way... I wish to have a Bible with me and not digital, but my pocket money is little and my family are in charge of financial aspect. I wonder if God wants me to have no other means except faith, for now.

There are times I tell myself, "you arent being serious about this, you will pray to Allah (5 daily) again" then I somehow do opposite and enjoy a Bible study, it gets better.

I'm not water baptised. Churches are far away and I hardly travel far so chances of me to meet a Christian or church is slim, for now. I also don't have any Christian friend online who will advise and follow up my progress, please let me know if you're willing.. I dont have fb or instagram until recently, I'm not used to it.

Second-guessing myself comes and goes. Also because ai grew up without a dad or bro, so on discovering that I have Father ever since, it was amazing.. Now however, I wonder "is my faith only because what I lacked ai have found in Christianity for this?'.. I can reflect on the Lord, His Miracles such but I question is it just my mind entertaining this idea? As if there is a back-door to Islam in my heart.. Although listening or reading the Word though, none of these second-guesses arise much.

I poured my heart so I'm sorry for any nervous tone in my words and long post.. Please let me know any suggestion/advice or thoughts
Thank you

Always bring into your remembrance the day Chiat came into your heart whenever your doubt arises. Know this that the faith you have is the gift God has given to us through his Holy Spirit.also understand this the word faith is not an acknowledgment only. Faith is the word from the translators which actually means trust. John wrote this also that the love you have right now in your heart for the Lord is also a gift from God’s Holy Spirit. Embrace that. Hold on to what God has given to you. Remember when doubt arises or persecutions come or tribulations hold on to your relationship with the Lord. This relationship is eternal life. As John continued to say if a person says they love God and has hatred in their heart the love of God is not in them. Walk in the love of God. God gives everyone a measure of trust that are his. Hold on to that don’t let it slip away. For your trust will be tried.

Reactions: cyann and MatthewG

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi!

Thank you
Hello Cyan
Thank you for telling us your story. If it were up to us individually as people to hold onto God we would in times of struggle let go but the scripture promises that God has us in his hand and will not let us go. John 10:27-29

There is also Romans 10:9 'If you declare with your mouth, Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.'

We can be assured that voices (thoughts) contrary to these promises are foreign to God and there to discourage us.

Re your enquiry about baptism....The Lord will guide you, do not stress. He will open a path for you where you can make your witness through baptism. Ask him to guide you, thank him for his precious promises and be at peace.

I don't know if you have access to Zoom but if you would like to join a zoom bible study where questions are welcomed, let me know and I can get details to you.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Happy is the one who keeps my sayings . Examine to see if you are truly keeping the sayings of Christ .
Examine to see if your desires in life match what Jesus taught .
Often folks can be misguided by men in the pulpits . And these men put our focus and hope on the things of this life .
Let us die to the cares and pleasures in life , having all hope above on Him .
This life is but a vapor , but eternal life is forever . You are loved and will be prayed for my dear friend .
Let us return to our bibles and learn afresh and anew all things JESUS taught , the apostles wrote and all sound doctrine .
Be encouraged and let the love , the faith one had at first return . Where it was simply all about God
Thankful for even having been saved . Thankful for the great hope we have in Christ .
Let the things of this world grow dim and let the things of God grow . And let the glorious Lord be praised and thanked continuously .

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In a way... I wish to have a Bible with me and not digital, but my pocket money is little and my family are in charge of financial aspect. I wonder if God wants me to have no other means except faith, for now.
God's Word is sooo important especially if you are isolated from other Christians.
I would take advantage of the online resources until you are able to secure a Bible.
The entrance of God's Word gives light to our darkness as well as feeds our soul.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Long windedeness is not only a sure sign of short understanding . its a sure sign
someone is trying to twist stuff to fit their own idea .
You would marvel at how long winded folks can get when one brings simple truth .
Truth can be said quite simply and quite short . Oh yes .

Reactions: cyann and prism

cyann

Jun 9, 2021
Istanbul
Faith
Christian
Country
Turkey
Thanks all for the advice. There's very little to add.. It has become apparent to me, to trust in God. And my doubt; it comes from fear. There are somethings about Islam that resurfaces and it makes me afraid. I am reminded of the words "ye of little faith"..
"But He said to them, “Why are you fearful, O you of little faith?” Then He arose and rebuked the winds and the sea, and there was a great calm." (Matthew 8:26)

cyann

Jun 9, 2021
Istanbul
Faith
Christian
Country
Turkey
Long windedeness is not only a sure sign of short understanding . its a sure sign
someone is trying to twist stuff to fit their own idea .
You would marvel at how long winded folks can get when one brings simple truth .
Truth can be said quite simply and quite short . Oh yes .

I agree! Sorry about this, it takes some time to explain. I was very anxious.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree! Sorry about this, it takes some time to explain. I was very anxious.
I find such wonderful truth in simply reading the bible . Its so peaceful indeed .
The more we read , with the help of the Holy Spirit , the more we do learn and grow .
Let the Glorious Lord be praised .

Reactions: cyann

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The beauty of the truth . We are saved by Faith in Christ . The shed blood of Christ is how one is justified and counted righteous .
Neither james or paul contradicted each other .
James was simply explaining that if our faith has no fruit , no works , then it was and is not true faith , its dead .
The Lord created us unto good works . It is HE working in us that which is well pleasing unto God .
And by the spirit we too would stir one another up unto good works and to flee evil .

Reactions: cyann

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even the Lord himself from heaven reminds the church to continue faithful unto Him unto the end .
Yes HE is always looking out for the lambs . Let us stir one another up with all reminders our Lord did give us .
His desire is not that the evil perish , but rather that they would repent .
Even james says , if one of you does err from the truth and one converts Him back , He has saved a soul from death .
The thing is , Dont look back . If one returns they are restored . So dont look back and worry .
Simply know you were called back and have hope in the Lord . And let us read our bibles daily .
The bible will make things very simple . Men often complicate things . But the bible makes it simple .

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The beauty of the truth . We are saved by Faith in Christ . The shed blood of Christ is how one is justified and counted righteous .
Neither james or paul contradicted each other .
James was simply explaining that if our faith has no fruit , no works , then it was and is not true faith , its dead .
The Lord created us unto good works . It is HE working in us that which is well pleasing unto God .
And by the spirit we too would stir one another up unto good works and to flee evil .

I agree. I'd like to add that in the James/Paul discussions, Paul spends four chapters (Rom 1-4) describing how we are justified and then again one chapter in Gal 3.
James, on the other hand spends only 7 verses and at that describes what a justified person looks like.
Yet, the Scripture twisters run to James to 'justify' their view on justification.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree. I'd like to add that in the James/Paul discussions, Paul spends four chapters (Rom 1-4) describing how we are justified and then again one chapter in Gal 3.
James, on the other hand spends only 7 verses and at that describes what a justified person looks like.
Yet, the Scripture twisters run to James to 'justify' their view on justification.
Yes and even paul says and confirms this as well . If one does not provide for his own , specially those of his own household
He has denied the Faith and is worse than an infidel .
Its good that we reminder one another to do these things . Remember that our hope is in Christ alone .
Let us walk by the Spirit , speak by the Spirit and be diligent in our walk . Let us stir one another up
by the remembrance in scripture . The LORD watches over the lambs . Giving us both the will and ability to perform that which is
pleasing in His sight . May all Heed the Spirit and not the flesh . Have all affections above on Him .
Always thanking and praising Him .

Reactions: prism

Emily Nghiem

Jun 16, 2021
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi!

Thank you
Dear @cyann
I have a close friend who also comes from.a Muslim background and has Muslim parents. He used Sura 109 to explain that they could have different beliefs and still be at peace. At first his parents worried they would go to hell if they didn't teach their children Islam.

In truth Jesus as God's Authority of Law fulfills all laws with Universal Justice.

Everyone I know recognizes injustice (antichrist) and by conscience wants Justice to prevail. We just don't all recognize Justice as what Jesus represents for all humanity.

Islam calls for followers to receive ALL sent by God, this includes the Jewish Torah, Christian teachings based on Bible Scriptures, and the wisdom of God found in the Quran and Mohammad's teachings of peace.

In particular Mohammad taught the same natural laws on religious freedom, but called it "No Compulsion in Religion."

Buddhists, Constitutionalists, Atheists, Feminists, Humanists, Liberal or Conservative: All human nature desires peace and justice.

What Christianity teaches is that God's Word or Laws/Justice became incarnated in Christ Jesus, so when we agree to forgive and receive God's truth love and grace in Christ, this sets us free from strife and suffering caused by selfish greed and fear.

Always ask God's help to overcome fear with love, and overcome unforgiveness and rejection with forgiveness and inclusion.

Jesus gives us this ability where our human will and mind fails. Bring and give your issues, fears and conflicts over to God through Christ on the Cross, and let the Lord win the Victory and hand you the instructions step by step.

All battles are already won in Christ Jesus.
All laws and religions that teach people to treat others equally by the Golden Rule (found in all religions from Buddhism to Islam) are fulfilled by Jesus as God's perfect justice.

Just keep your family in prayer and focus where you agree on following God's laws.

The difference is you have faith that by receiving Jesus, these laws are now fulfilled.

Some people do not see this yet.
But seek Justice and Peace without understanding these gifts from God are freely given by sending Jesus and the Holy Spirit. Collectively this means Peace and Justice for all humanity to live in harmony as one family or church body in the Kingdom of God

We get there by forgiving and letting God enter all our relationships to make peace through Christ.

So keep forgiving and asking God's help to understand and speak with loving kindness wisdom and compassion.

Remember the Bible says:
Perfect Love casts out fear.

And Corinthians say the greatest of all is Charity. This humblest kind of love Never Fails

Last edited: