I WANT A $65 MILLION BUSINESS JET PLANE (LOL)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
It is incredible that the TV preacher C Dollar (very appropriate name) would keep whining and snivelling to get a corporate jet aircraft...although he dropped the direct campaign, he has now gone to asking for donations "so he can reach 1 billion people" supposedly in the name of "christianity"...in my opinion Mr Dollar is either an arrogant, money hungry scammer, or maybe is Biblically illiterate, and does not get the messages Jesus taught in the Bible.
Either way, he does not appear to portray a Christian testimony by these actions, and does not appear to want to walk the walk, to match his talk.
If he wants to teach christianity, perhaps he should start at home, and in his immediate vicinity and country, as there is a total unravelling of society all around him. If he tried to preach his brand of "christianity" in the parts of the world ie Asia, Africa he would be a detriment to the christian movement...he should maybe try getting rid of his arrogant attitude, and $5K suits and luxuries and get down where the "rubber meets the road" so to speak..Come to Asia and Africa and see all the hungry people..and bring a food and medical supplies with your Mr Dollar, and help look after the people here, then preach the Gospel to them..get your hands and feet dirty looking after these people, and your feet dirty from walking through the mud to villages...(your $65 million aircraft won't help you here)...there is a lot of work to be done. This goes for all those other high priced TV preachers who seem to be busier managing their fortunes than actually helping people and spreading the true Gospel, and New Covenant teachings....you want to like the lifestyle of the rich and famous, fine...quit fleecing your flock for their money, and get rid of the hypocritical attitudes!

Skitnik

Nov 12, 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko5zkkZ0GmQ

There are many of these false "prosperity gospel" teachers. Just my though about it:

For years I was seeking a church, pastor, human mentor as a way to advance in my relationship with God and never found one. It is not a pretentious statement even though it sounds as one. God did not want me to find what I was looking for, God wanted me to find Him instead. He does not need an intermediary, representative (or Pope for that matter) or a “spokesman” of some sort. In the way that is what church pastors became in “mainstream” religion. They are treated as such and many of them are expect to be regarded as such. That is wrong. Pastors are supposed to be guides, direction providers to help people and guide them to personal relationship with an Individual God! It should also be a sacrificial position, not meant to make a career and living of it. Paid to cover, to provide for their needs but not their wants.
I red an article somewhere once talking about how tough it is to be a church pastor in US. How many pastors are underpaid, struggle financially, how many pastors get fired by their congregations every year, how many end up leaving pastoral service (aka ministry) all together. It sure sounds like pastors need a union. Tentmakers union.

The reason why position of pastor should be that of service and not of ad-ministry-ation is so that it does not become a career. I do not remember the name of the preacher on the radio I heard once to say that to his horror he found out that about half of students of seminary he visited admitted to not believing in God. When he asked them what they are doing studying to become ministers they said “It’s a good business to be in”.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The reason why position of pastor should be that of service and not of ad-ministry-ation is so that it does not become a career. I do not remember the name of the preacher on the radio I heard once to say that to his horror he found out that about half of students of seminary he visited admitted to not believing in God. When he asked them what they are doing studying to become ministers they said “It’s a good business to be in”.
I agree that service is part of being in leadership. As the bible says, those who serve in whatever capacity God has called them to, should also get a share in the abundance of such service....and it's sad that some Pastors are not called but rather get involved due to the financial benefits... :( The problem is the accountability they hold before God as one who is responsible for his flock. One day he will need to render an account before the throne.

1 Corinthians 9
13 Don’t you know that those who serve in the temple get their food from the temple, and that those who serve at the altar share in what is offered on the altar? 14 In the same way, the Lord has commanded that those who preach the gospel should receive their living from the gospel.

BB

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
A living yes..but to be among the rich and famous, with your own private jet 65Million..is a little much...no actually it is away too much...but it seems to be the trend among the "christian" pastor Jetsetters..seems to be a rivalry to see which one has the most perks...sickening indeed!

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I happen to work for a company that manufactures business jets... He can get a very nice jet for millions of dollars less. The Gulfstream 6 is a very luxurious jet. (Even has a shower in it) However, it is not needed to get to where he wants to go. $65 million is base price. That's a basic interior, no custom mods. So, tack on about another 5 million or better to pretty it up inside. Not to mention the yearly maintenance on them. (Also in the millions) Plus, you have to pay the crew. And fuel..... Oh man. Jet fuel is sitting around $5 a gallon at the moment. Those jets hold hundreds of gallons. Plus, hanger rental fee. The list goes on. If he has taken that all into consideration, then he will be asking for more money a little later down the road..... But that does show you he is really just looking at his own interest and not God's.

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
heretoeternity said:
A living yes..but to be among the rich and famous, with your own private jet 65Million..is a little much...no actually it is away too much...but it seems to be the trend among the "christian" pastor Jetsetters..seems to be a rivalry to see which one has the most perks...sickening indeed!
Les we forget Jesse Duplantis. Hes got a great story about how God wanted him to have his jet... *Rolls eyes