I want to hear your "blessing in disguise" stories

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever had situations where everything seems really bad but God turned it around and used it for his good, or without you knowing, was actually for your benefit?

(I am super busy this week but will check back when I can.)

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, God ended the relationship with the mother of my child. Then he took my house in the recession. All of this was devastating to me. Well everything he took he gave me back more than double. The mother of my child was cheating on me and was psychologically abusive. The house was built as a spec house to sell but I had to move into it then recession happened and lost it. Well now he has given me an angel in the flesh for a wife. The most selfless person I have ever met. And he plucked me from Babylon and gave us a house on thirty-three acres surrounded by national forrest with the closest neighbor a half of a mile away! I love to hunt deer and elk and I can do it out of my backyard! It's like he just looked at my heart and gave me all that I could desire. It's like a dream. I cannot believe he has done that for me. I feel so grateful. It makes me want to do something to repay him.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
None that I want to share right now as it's sort of personal, but yes it's happened to me before. :)

Reactions: DuckieLady

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, God ended the relationship with the mother of my child. Then he took my house in the recession. All of this was devastating to me. Well everything he took he gave me back more than double. The mother of my child was cheating on me and was psychologically abusive. The house was built as a spec house to sell but I had to move into it then recession happened and lost it. Well now he has given me an angel in the flesh for a wife. The most selfless person I have ever met. And he plucked me from Babylon and gave us a house on thirty-three acres surrounded by national forrest with the closest neighbor a half of a mile away! I love to hunt deer and elk and I can do it out of my backyard! It's like he just looked at my heart and gave me all that I could desire. It's like a dream. I cannot believe he has done that for me. I feel so grateful. It makes me want to do something to repay him.
I love this story so much :) I'm glad God blessed you <3

saintiaint

Mar 4, 2021
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
My selfish, all about me, narcissistic badly behaved teenage years were actually a blessing in disguise.
My parents were able to get closer to sainthood. I helped shape their beautiful souls. I made them better people. More patient, more loving, more understanding.
Drugs, trouble with the law, stealing......several commandment violations, I was hard work for them.
But praise the Lord...look at me now!!
Now they are getting the son they deserve.
I'm their pride and joy now. Well on the way, to an awesome career. They can boast about me to their friends for sure. Would they do that? They sound less saintly now, don't they...