I want to learn God's word

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dadman

Feb 16, 2014
Kansas
dadmansabode.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And he (God) gave some apostles .. and some prophets .. and some evangelists .. and some teaching pastors ..
for the perfecting of the saints .. for the work of the ministry .. for the edifying of the body of Christ .. till we all come in the unity of the faith ..
and of the knowledge of the Son of God .. to a perfect (complete) man .. to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ . . . . Ephesians 4:12

Audio File teaching from Matthew 1 to Revelation 22 ><> [removed]

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
If you want to learn God's word ~ read the bible for yourself. If you don't know where to begin, there are many reading plans available on-line ie: https://www.biblegateway.com/reading-plans/

dadmansabode, not everyone here is a John McArthur advocate. Some like myself do not believe in the "Rapture of the Church" as he does. That is why it's so very important that members and lurkers seek God's word out for themselves.

Shalom!

Reactions: Willie T and Nancy

dadman

Feb 16, 2014
Kansas
dadmansabode.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed .... God's word is the teacher ... John MacArthur is just one voice ... many do believe in the rapture of the Church, a worthy discussion to be had

Jesus: .. Because you have kept the word of my perseverance .. I also will keep you from (out of) the hour of testing ..
that hour which is about to come upon the whole world .. to test those who dwell on the earth ... Revelation 3:10

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I think there is something about that topic to be found in the debate section if you wish to discuss it further. ;) Have a great day!

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
If you want to learn the word of God, in the Bible, you have to start with the POP (power of prayer)..pray for understanding and to have your eyes opened to God's holy word. If you sincerely desire this then God will lead you to understand His word...do not rely on the preachers such as McArthur for understanding, because most are spreading their false interpretations of God's word, as are the majority of denominational religions.
God bless and guide you in your quest for the truth!

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
dadmansabode-com said:
Indeed .... God's word is the teacher ... John MacArthur is just one voice ... many do believe in the rapture of the Church, a worthy discussion to be had

Jesus: .. Because you have kept the word of my perseverance .. I also will keep you from (out of) the hour of testing ..
that hour which is about to come upon the whole world .. to test those who dwell on the earth ... Revelation 3:10

Matthew 24 Jesus said that AFTER the tribulation he will come to gather His elect from the four winds...

dadman

Feb 16, 2014
Kansas
dadmansabode.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
heretoeternity said:
Matthew 24 Jesus said that AFTER the tribulation he will come to gather His elect from the four winds...

Indeed God will gather his elect ... to enter the Kingdom .. at this point all Israel will be saved ... He is coming in glory > with < his Saints to rule and reign for a thousand years ... an uncountable number of Jews and gentiles will be saved and martyred during the Tribulation period save the 144,000

The rapture of the faithful in contrast to the Revelation of Jesus at His coming

Christ comes for His own 1Th 4:13-18

Christ returns with His own Rev 19:14

Believers taken to Father's House Jn 14:3

Believers come with Jesus to Earth Mat 24:30

He is seen only by believers 1Co 15:52

Every eye will see Him Mat 24:30

He comes to present the Church to Himself 2 Co 11:2 ---

He comes with His Church for judgement and to set up his Kingdom Rev 19:6-9, Zec 14:3-4; Jud 1:14-15; Rev 19:11-21

Casts Satan out of heaven to earth Rev 12

Binds Satan for a thousand years Rev 20

Occurs in the twinkling of an eye 1Co 15:52

Comes to earth to do battle at specific locations Isa 63:1-3, Rev 16:16, Zec 12:9-10

The rapture is a resurrection of those "in Christ" (1 Thess. 4:13-18). Isn't it a little bit odd that in Rev. 19:11-21, which is the clearest picture of the second coming of Christ, there is no mention of a resurrection? The rapture will be the biggest event since the resurrection of Jesus where hundreds of millions of Christians will be resurrected and translated, yet there isn't any mention here. Don't you think it deserves at least one verse? The rapture isn't mentioned because it doesn't happen at the second coming ........ continue

thirdeyezero

Aug 27, 2015
dadmansabode-com said:
And he (God) gave some apostles .. and some prophets .. and some evangelists .. and some teaching pastors ..
for the perfecting of the saints .. for the work of the ministry .. for the edifying of the body of Christ .. till we all come in the unity of the faith ..
and of the knowledge of the Son of God .. to a perfect (complete) man .. to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ . . . . Ephesians 4:12

Audio File teaching from Matthew 1 to Revelation 22 ><> Come and learn <><
Psalms 23:1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

SimpleFaith

Sep 7, 2015
thirdeyezero said:
Psalms 23:1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
When I was a kid hearing that in church, I thought that it was saying that I shall not want the LORD my Shepherd. Interesting how the choice of words can cause a misunderstanding like that for a kid who knows what "I shall not want" means.. like, a bite of shrimp I shall not want.
It took a while for me to discover that what I thought it meant was wrong. Then my thought was, 'well then why didn't it say that with the LORD as my Shepherd I shall not lack'? Now that, I understand! :D

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hehe! I've always thought that it was because it was old fashioned language kinda like Shakespeare so I've always thought it mean't "I shall not be in want". ^_^

SimpleFaith

Sep 7, 2015
For such reasons I am glad that updated versions of the Bible had been printed to reflect the contemporary language changes. :)

While I'm at it, here's another case of wrong thinking that also occurred in Psalm 23 where it says, "He makes me to lie down in green pastures." I thought that it was talking about someone being buried. Associated that way I guess because I'd heard it quoted at a funeral more than once. Which had to be corrected at some time to realize that it was talking about sheep watched over by the shepherd to protect them from wolves so they can relax and take their ease in the grass. Which I realized, also referred to David getting a good nights sleep even though King Saul had sent men to kill him.

thirdeyezero

Aug 27, 2015
SimpleFaith said:
When I was a kid hearing that in church, I thought that it was saying that I shall not want the LORD my Shepherd. Interesting how the choice of words can cause a misunderstanding like that for a kid who knows what "I shall not want" means.. like, a bite of shrimp I shall not want.
It took a while for me to discover that what I thought it meant was wrong. Then my thought was, 'well then why didn't it say that with the LORD as my Shepherd I shall not lack'? Now that, I understand! :D
Want is the aberration of using your desire to want to know good and evil, it's I shall no want to know good or evil since both kills you.

And it is I shall not "lack" because good and evil only leads to a vacuum.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
...following a Jewish carpenter...
For brand new Christians I would recommend the Sermon on the Mount, found in Matthew 5-7. Here is the heart of Jesus, laid bare for all to see. Here we learn how to follow Him. It's a great beginning to a beautiful relationship that will last a lifetime....and beyond....

XavierXChrist

Sep 21, 2015
The Bible is the best source for listening to the Word of God. But I've also found this video below, a very easy way to get in contact with the Word of Jesus and His message, so I recommend it to eveyone who is looking for listening or studying His Word. It's really worth it!

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
SimpleFaith said:
For such reasons I am glad that updated versions of the Bible had been printed to reflect the contemporary language changes. :)

While I'm at it, here's another case of wrong thinking that also occurred in Psalm 23 where it says, "He makes me to lie down in green pastures." I thought that it was talking about someone being buried. Associated that way I guess because I'd heard it quoted at a funeral more than once. Which had to be corrected at some time to realize that it was talking about sheep watched over by the shepherd to protect them from wolves so they can relax and take their ease in the grass. Which I realized, also referred to David getting a good nights sleep even though King Saul had sent men to kill him.
I'm glad I was a born reader. By the time I was 12, I had already read and loved "A Midsummer Night's Dream" and "The Merchant of Venice" by Will Shakespeare, so I was ready for "ye olde English"....

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
If one wants to learn the Word of God start with the Spirit of God! For the Spirit breathed the Word and is the action of the Word! The Spirit is the Spirit of Truth thus is the Spirit of the Word! The Word points the the Spirit and the Spirit to Christ the Living Word!
"For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God." (1 Corinthians 2:11)

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
It's not complicated.
The Bible is intended for simple people.
Even a child can understand it.

In fact, I would say that only someone who is a child at heart can truly understand it.

Mar 10:15 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.

Luk 18:17 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein.

And it seems that Jesus agrees with me. :wub:

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
The method that worked well for me was to sit still and read the whole bible in a short period of time. Do not bring any presuppositions, but let the word speak for itself. Let the Spirit reveal the truth to you and show you the scriptural parallels between what your currently reading and what you've already read. It also helps to be hungry for the Word. Pray and Fast for an especially rewarding experience.

Whenever I question what I learned during that time, I find myself in error and go back to that former understanding.

DoveSpirit05

Jul 19, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Start with the KJV, its straight from the greek, most authentic, or NKJV is ok, avoid most of the new versions like NIV, RSV, ESV, ASV NASB, their all corrupted. And speak 2 God also, ask him to show u the truth, u don't have 2 pray out loud, speak 2 him from the heart.