I want to post something that I think sums up, whether you are Christian or not - but I don't want to offend the board rules?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi there,

So I wanted to post something about God, that He should mean everything to us - because if He doesn't (mean everything) we are not Christian.

But I have a feeling it is against the rules? Can you confirm or deny?

Thanks for your time.

-Gottservant

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Without knowing what you want to write it’s impossible to tell if it will go against the rules. If you intend to question someone else’s faith directly, in other words if you make it personal to another member then that will break a rule.
I guess you will just have to take a chance and post x
Rita

Reactions: Nancy and Pearl

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi there,

So I wanted to post something about God, that He should mean everything to us - because if He doesn't (mean everything) we are not Christian.

But I have a feeling it is against the rules? Can you confirm or deny?

Thanks for your time.

-Gottservant
I was going to post something about people that say they are saved. I believe it is God's right only to say if someone is saved. For a time I've had a problem with that. I think people should confess they are sinners that are in need of a savior.

But I think God gave me peace regarding this issue I had. If someone says they are saved, then it's really none of my business. It is between them and God. And I should be more concerned with my own salvation seeing that I am a sinner in need of mercy.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Without knowing what you want to write it’s impossible to tell if it will go against the rules. If you intend to question someone else’s faith directly, in other words if you make it personal to another member then that will break a rule.
I guess you will just have to take a chance and post x
Rita
You missed what I wrote: I said "something about God, that He should mean everything to us"

If am saying "God has to mean everything, or you are not Christian" is that going to get me in trouble?

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You missed what I wrote: I said "something about God, that He should mean everything to us"

If am saying "God has to mean everything, or you are not Christian" is that going to get me in trouble?
Brother, you can give your opinion. Just remember what Rita posted to you and you should be fine.
I would say that most on here would agree that our love for God should be our first priority.

• Love
Reactions: GRACE ambassador

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was going to post something about people that say they are saved. I believe it is God's right only to say if someone is saved. For a time I've had a problem with that. I think people should confess they are sinners that are in need of a savior.

But I think God gave me peace regarding this issue I had. If someone says they are saved, then it's really none of my business. It is between them and God. And I should be more concerned with my own salvation seeing that I am a sinner in need of mercy.
My question is in assuming someone else doesn’t love God with all they have…how can we know if they have given all that they have? For example “appearances” which to me means what is shown but that could also mean someone who shows they do all the rules and regulations and says they go above and beyond on having given all they have to God. But at the same time they look down on others by “appearances”. Pointing at who gives all. And who doesn’t. Makes me think of an oxymoron. Maybe the thing that one doesn’t realize they have withheld and not given to God yet…is their own image. In saying they do this and they have done that and how much they have forsaken every part…yet they never consider their opinion of themselves as something that has not been given. Does that make sense? That is why I ask …how do we know? His Word seems to say men judge by appearances but not God.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My question is in assuming someone else doesn’t love God with all they have…how can we know if they have given all that they have? For example “appearances” which to me means what is shown but that could also mean someone who shows they do all the rules and regulations and says they go above and beyond on having given all they have to God. But at the same time they look down on others by “appearances”. Pointing at who gives all. And who doesn’t. Makes me think of an oxymoron. Maybe the thing that one doesn’t realize they have withheld and not given to God yet…is their own image. In saying they do this and they have done that and how much they have forsaken every part…yet they never consider their opinion of themselves as something that has not been given. Does that make sense? That is why I ask …how do we know? His Word seems to say men judge by appearances but not God.
The people that come to mind in that respect are the disabled. I think normal people are required to obey the sheep and goats lesson from Jesus or be in danger of hell. Matthew 25:31-46

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

No, I didn’t miss what you said.
I relayed that if you made It personal to another member you would be breaking one of the forum rules.
I don’t know how you are going to word your opinion , and equally I cannot say if what you say will offend anyone.
Rita

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God is not everything! Jesus is #1, but not everything.
If He was, then there wouldn't be two commandments: Love God AND Love your neighbor. My wife and daughter grandaughter and the rest of my family are not God.
God isn't nature, He created it but is not part of it. It's beautiful too and I thank Him for all.
If God was everything, then there would be no need to live our lives on this earth, as soon as we believed in Him we would be translated. Furthermore He created us to have a relationship with Him. We are separate beings. I am not God, but I am a person and He loves me. If He was everything He wouldn't, He would just exist by Himself and have no need to love anyone.
So, I think you need perspective here. God is #1 but there are many more numbers.
If someone says they believe in Jesus, that He died for our sins and rose on the third day, we have to take them at their word. We don't know a person's heart. The Bible does give us a clue: By their fruit, you will know them. So if the fruit of the Spirit is evident ( and it doesn't all have be there because there is a growth process), then we can't refute their claim. But even that litmus test is not absolute because some new Christians haven 't grown enough to produce fruit yet.
We can even see Christians who act hypocrically at times, they screw up. We are sinners, not perfect, but that does not mean they don't believe in Jesus.
So we need to be careful with how we judge others' faith and it is best not to go there at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rita and dev553344

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So we need to be careful with how we judge others' faith and it is best not to go there at all.
Correct, as we are commanded, judge NOT others: but humbly Examine our OWN self:"

2Co_13:5 "Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your OWN selves. Know
ye not your OWN selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?"

Amen?