I witnessed the Spirit in action in rehab.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Henry Chuan

Nov 21, 2020
San Jose
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was in a faith-based drug and alcohol rehab for over a year with a young man from New York. The rehab is based in California and focuses on a Jesus-centric approach to holistically reform the addict. It is live-in and the students study the Bible and meditate on the Word 7 days a week with no access to any outside contact. No internet, no TV, no books, no music of any kind unless it is directly involved with the nurturing of their faith. It was pretty tough, and I saw countless people drop out of the 18-month program.

I also witnessed the transformation of my friend from a drug-dealing, cussword-slinging drug addict to a child of God over the course of the 18 odd months. What's more? Utilizing his time there he's written, illustrated, and published his own children's book! It was really encouraging for me to witness the Spirit working in my friend, which played a big role in my eventual acceptance of Christ as well.

Since graduating from the program 10 months ago, he's been clean and sober. He works at a food bank run by a local church, and he was even awarded a reward of recognition for community service by the city. If you met him today, you would never have guessed that this radiant young man abused and sold drugs for over a decade. He is going to donate the proceeds from this book back into the rehab program (it's completely free for students, running purely on donations). This is one of the coolest examples of the living Word changing a person's life, and I just wanted to share it with you guys. If you are interested in checking out the book, it is [removed by mod, no solicitation].

Last edited by a moderator:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was in a faith-based drug and alcohol rehab for over a year with a young man from New York. The rehab is based in California and focuses on a Jesus-centric approach to holistically reform the addict. It is live-in and the students study the Bible and meditate on the Word 7 days a week with no access to any outside contact. No internet, no TV, no books, no music of any kind unless it is directly involved with the nurturing of their faith. It was pretty tough, and I saw countless people drop out of the 18-month program.

I also witnessed the transformation of my friend from a drug-dealing, cussword-slinging drug addict to a child of God over the course of the 18 odd months. What's more? Utilizing his time there he's written, illustrated, and published his own children's book! It was really encouraging for me to witness the Spirit working in my friend, which played a big role in my eventual acceptance of Christ as well.

Since graduating from the program 10 months ago, he's been clean and sober. He works at a food bank run by a local church, and he was even awarded a reward of recognition for community service by the city. If you met him today, you would never have guessed that this radiant young man abused and sold drugs for over a decade. He is going to donate the proceeds from this book back into the rehab program (it's completely free for students, running purely on donations). This is one of the coolest examples of the living Word changing a person's life, and I just wanted to share it with you guys. If you are interested in checking out the book, it is [removed by mod, no solicitation].
Praise God!
Welcome to the forum! Thank you for sharing this testimony.

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

A warm welcome to you my friend...
It was great to read about that

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hi Henry and welcome to the boards.
What a wonderful testimony of his power. God bless and keep you on the right road, He gives the strength to fight our demons.
In Him,
nancy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Welcome to the forum and give God the glory indeed!