Ideas for Book Topic?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have wanted for some time to write a book, but just haven't had the time. I recently have had the time, but no inspiration as to a topic that would be worthy of a book. Any ideas? I am looking for a topic that is general enough to write a decent sized [90-100 pg] book on. Open to ideas.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I have wanted for some time to write a book, but just haven't had the time. I recently have had the time, but no inspiration as to a topic that would be worthy of a book. Any ideas? I am looking for a topic that is general enough to write a decent sized [90-100 pg] book on. Open to ideas.
Something to do with Bible study?

D

Dave L

This is interesting. Some of the ideas I've explored are the timeline for the New Covenant era from a Reformed perspective. Showing where we are in prophecy and what to expect. Another is the cessation of the charismatic gifts focusing on God's delivery method limited to the Two Outpourings and through an apostle's hands. Also how the tongues and prophecy became the scriptures that replaced them. Several other ideas too I'll mention as I dig through my notes.

[update] People are confused about Israel. It would be good to show their history beginning with Abraham and how circumcision, not blood, made one his covenant seed. And then show how Christ abolished circumcision on the cross leaving only believers intact as Israel. And how God will reattach any of the the broken off unbelievers to Israel if they accept Christ. I have lots on this if it would help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for the imput! Keep the ideas coming! I will let you know when inspiration hits! I like all of the ideas so far!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
This is interesting. Some of the ideas I've explored are the timeline for the New Covenant era from a Reformed perspective. Showing where we are in prophecy and what to expect. Another is the cessation of the charismatic gifts focusing on God's delivery method limited to the Two Outpourings and through an apostle's hands. Also how the tongues and prophecy became the scriptures that replaced them. Several other ideas too I'll mention as I dig through my notes.
This would produce some lively debates! :)

Reactions: Dave L

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
People respect science...even though so often the theories are absurd.

What about the science of God.

Where V=FP or....Visitation (from God) = Faith x Prayer.

:)

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People respect science...even though so often the theories are absurd.

What about the science of God.

Where V=FP or....Visitation (from God) = Faith x Prayer.

:)

Nice! I like this idea alot!

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How about Animals in the Bible? The point of view of the animals connected with the various times and events of the Bible Story.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
So do you seriously consider a topic such as the potentials for faith based tattoos? (you commented humorously on another thread, earlier).

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not know. I would rather try for a topic a little closer to the Scriptures and their applications, but who knows?

Reactions: Helen

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I do not know. I would rather try for a topic a little closer to the Scriptures and their applications, but who knows?
Topical these days, anyway, whether or not it's your personal preference. A lot of ppl get faith based/Scripture quotation tattoos, anyway; I saw a quote from the Bible Belt about just how widespread it is.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

I think if I had the gift and anointing to write a book..I'd pick a a children's story. I like @Willie T idea.
Id write a book about the view point of one of the animals in the ark, and then the adventures of what he heard, saw, and what it was like when he came out ..and like Willie said...incorporate many animals friends and acquaintances.

I have a soft spot for children's books. My old dad was 90 when he died and along with his heavy bible study books he always had a children's book on the go to read. He passed that gene on to me!
I still enjoy rereading the Nesbit 's books...and C.S.Lewis books etc
Many children's books like those bridge the gap between child and adult..and have a spread of readership.
The gospel and godly standards can come through in type and shadows in the story. :)

Thats my two cents.

Reactions: Mjh29 and Willie T

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think if I had the gift and anointing to write a book..I'd pick a a children's story.
Have you noticed that a lot of the Bible story books for children are geared to adults? The vocabulary as well as the narration is simply not geared to children. Add to that the ridiculous cartoonish depictions of Bible characters, and you have to wonder what these people were thinking.

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some books can touch both children and adults. God's sense of humor is plain by slaying the heathen with the jawbone of a donkey.

The simplest of words can drive a weighty message.

I have two children's books started complete with illustrations but haven't attempted to publish.

Today's children need ministry so much. As we observe what's going on in schools the dearth of true Christian influence and teaching is obvious and appalling.

Earnest Prayer is the best place to;

1. Find out if God really wants you to do so. The anointing to write is as important as that to fill any office.
2. Then if yes, he'll show you what to write about etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I think if I had the gift and anointing to write a book..I'd pick a a children's story. I like @Willie T idea.
Id write a book about the view point of one of the animals in the ark, and then the adventures of what he heard, saw, and what it was like when he came out ..and like Willie said...incorporate many animals friends and acquaintances.

I have a soft spot for children's books. My old dad was 90 when he died and along with his heavy bible study books he always had a children's book on the go to read. He passed that gene on to me!
I still enjoy rereading the Nesbit 's books...and C.S.Lewis books etc
Many children's books like those bridge the gap between child and adult..and have a spread of readership.
The gospel and godly standards can come through in type and shadows in the story. :)

Thats my two cents.
Do you like C S Lewis? I do struggle with him, actually; hard to get into him; Screwtape Letters seemed weird, actually.....

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So do you seriously consider a topic such as the potentials for faith based tattoos? (you commented humorously on another thread, earlier).

Do you run a Tattoo Parlour or something?
You seem to be always "pushing " Tattooing.

Why are you so interested in tattoo's and mainly post and talk all about about them more than any other subject? o_O