If I pray...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tony

May 31, 2017
Tijuana
Faith
Country
Mexico
If I pray after letting God down too many times... will he still listen to me praying or just ignore me? or even resent me for failing so much? I'm about to just give up on everything.

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear friend,
Our God is very patient! He holds his children very dearly, as a father should. Gods love and grace can never run out. He will pardon a truly remorseful christian every time, for the sake of His Son Jesus Christ, who, if you have believed on His name, and knelt before Him as Savior and Lord of your life, loves you. So no, friend, you can never exhaust Gods forgiveness.

Reactions: lforrest and Sword

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dont give up! I will be praying for you!

Reactions: Sword

Aug 11, 2015
Faith
Country
Canada
Don't weary my friend we are all made of the same material and fight the same battles.
I believe one of our biggest problems is that we try to get a handle on God by our way of thinking. We get tired, have limits, pass judgement according to our perception of right and wrong.
The Word is 100% correct but our understanding is in need of revelation.
The only question you need to ask yourself is 'Am I in the Word?'. If you can rest in that then All is well.

Dan57

Sep 25, 2012
Illinois
Faith
Country
United States
Jesus said; "I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.... I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world".
God doesn't give-up on us, so never give up on Him.. Everyone fails too much, and often repeatedly. So plow forward,

have faith that God forgives you every time you repent. Sometime the hardest one to forgive is yourself, but remember

that he's not your accuser, he's your redeemer. "And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing
according to his will, he heareth us" (1 John 5:14)

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If I pray after letting God down too many times... will he still listen to me praying or just ignore me? or even resent me for failing so much? I'm about to just give up on everything.
Its quite difficult for us to realise how much He loves us. Listen He is creator of all things He know the begining from the end of your life and was still willing to come lay down His life to gain your life. He knew every thing you would do even after you made a commitment to Him, and He still layed it down for you. Get a grip on that truth and IT will set you free. He totally completly loves you more than any thing. The whole bible is about Him and the whole bible is about YOU. and His love for YOU. end off.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God does not really expect ANYTHING from you other than for you to trust Him for everything, because no matter how much the spirit is willing, the flesh is weak, therefore what is impossible with man, is possible with God. This is why little children are free to come to Him for all they can do is take Him at His word and thus placing their trust in Him for all things, including His help to lead you away from temptations, help you discern and to get rid of provisions for the flesh that would fulfill the lust thereof, to cast down wicked thoughts and imagination and to think on good things, and to provide an escape for you when you are tempted.

So give up everything to Jesus, including your failings to follow Him. If we could not save ourselves, then what makes you think we can follow Him by our best efforts? I had to learn the hard way that He never asked for a commitment or a promise to follow Him, but to deny myself as being able to; pick up my cross daily that I am crucified with Christ, that it is not I who live, but Christ Who lives in me, and that is how I can follow Him by placing my faith in Him & all His promises to me that He will help me to follow Him for which we shall praise Him all the more in Heaven for.

Luke 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

Mark 10:13 And they brought young children to him, that he should touch them: and his disciples rebuked those that brought them. 14 But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God. 15 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.

1 John 3:3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.....8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

2 Timothy 4:18 And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:7 Even as it is meet for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart; inasmuch as both in my bonds, and in the defence and confirmation of the gospel, ye all are partakers of my grace.8 For God is my record, how greatly I long after you all in the bowels of Jesus Christ.9 And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment;10 That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ.11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

Romans 13:11 And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed. 12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light. 13 Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying. 14 But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

1 Corinthians 10:12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

Jude 1:24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Father I pray blessings and faith in Jesus name I pray. Also taking these needs before God in prayer on the bbnradio.org Family Altar program... BBN Program Schedule

eldios

May 20, 2017
California
Faith
Country
United States

Don't worry about praying or having your prayers answered in the way you want them to be answered. God is giving you life experiences in the way they were planned so you can't do anything to change your life. Here's what Jesus said about praying;

Matthew 6
1: "Beware of practicing your piety before men in order to be seen by them; for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven.
2: "Thus, when you give alms, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by men. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward.
3: But when you give alms, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing,
4: so that your alms may be in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you.
5: "And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites; for they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by men. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward.
6: But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you.
7: "And in praying do not heap up empty phrases as the Gentiles do; for they think that they will be heard for their many words.
8: Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.
9: Pray then like this: Our Father who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

Pray the Lord's Prayer and that's all that's necessary unless God puts in your mind what to pray for. I know the most important thing that God wants us to ask him for is the Holy Spirit but this will only happen according to God's plan. If you were chosen, then you will experience the Spirit of God called Christ ( Holy Spirit ) working in your life to get you to confess and repent of your sins. If you don't hear His voice commanding you to do so or if He doesn't give you visions of any sins you might have committed in the past to repent of, then He hasn't sent His Holy Spirit to work in you yet. You may have to wait until after you experience the death of your flesh ( your body and all your experiences in the world ) before you hear His voice speaking into your mind.

John 5:
25: "Truly, truly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live.
26: For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have life in himself,
27: and has given him authority to execute judgment, because he is the Son of man.
28: Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear his voice.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God will not give up on you, nor should you. Not that you should believe in you, but by believing in God, you may know that all things are possible - even if you fail. But you must come to him and turn your life over to him. Denounce yourself. Live for him...and you will not fail, because he will not fail.

Old Man

Apr 28, 2011
Steubenville, OH
stpaulcenter.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jer 1:5 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you..."
God is crazy about you. Think of a mother with her 1 year-old baby who is learning to walk. How does the mother react when the baby takes one halting step and then falls on her bottom with a thud? Does she feel like she's been let down? Does she listen to her baby when she cries or just ignores her? Could she resent the child for falling down when she's learning to walk? Does the child feel like giving up or does she just keep getting up and trying again?

Mk 10:15 "Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it."

Jesus command us to be child-like. Not childish. Child-like in our trust of our loving Father.

When I get discouraged I read the Sermon on the Mount: Matthew Chapters 5-7. It starts with the beatitudes (Blessed are...) and goes through all the New Testament "upgrades" to the Law and gives some very startling teaching on prayer. Specifically:

Matthew 6:
25 “Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you shall eat or what you shall drink, nor about your body, what you shall put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 27 And which of you by being anxious can add one cubit to his span of life? 28 And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they neither toil nor spin; 29 yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O men of little faith? 31 Therefore do not be anxious, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the Gentiles seek all these things; and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things shall be yours as well.

34 “Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Let the day’s own trouble be sufficient for the day.

And Matthew 7:
7 “Ask, and it will be given you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 8 For every one who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. 9 Or what man of you, if his son asks him for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent? 11 If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him! 12 So whatever you wish that men would do to you, do so to them; for this is the law and the prophets.

If there is one thing I've learned in my long life, it is that God has a plan. All the worst things that ever happened to me turned out to be blessings. St. Paul taught us this in Romans 8.

26 Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with sighs too deep for words. 27 And he who searches the hearts of men knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.

28 We know that in everything God works for good with those who love him, who are called according to his purpose.

And, anything that seems like an injustice in this life will be made up for 100-fold in the next.

Take heart. I'll be praying for you.

Reactions: Mjh29

brionne

May 31, 2010
Australia
God never ignores someone who speaks from the heart with the right motive and with repentance.

Psalms 51:17 says "The sacrifices pleasing to God are a broken spirit, A heart broken and crushed, O God , you will not reject"

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey great to see so many agreeing for a change :)
When it comes down to the nitty gritty, true christians always ban together under the common banner of Christ the King! ;)

eldios

May 20, 2017
California
Faith
Country
United States
When it comes down to the nitty gritty, true christians always ban together under the common banner of Christ the King! ;)

That's because none of them have ever heard the voice of God and had to obey His commandments.