"IF MY PEOPLE WHICH ARE CALLED BY MY NAME SHALL HUMBLE THEMSELVES..."

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Chronicles 7:14
“If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.”

Psalms 94:16
“Who will rise up for me against the evildoers? or who will stand up for me against the workers of iniquity?”

I was speaking with another believer who would like to see a Revival. I have been very troubled by all that I see going on now, and I thought to ask others to join us in a prayer for Revival.

Then something odd happened. I had a pamphlet on Revival from years ago and wished that I could locate it, but I have so much in my house it is impossible. So I looked for a book to read during a drive, so I grabbed a book on "Holiness" by Ryle. Unbelievably, I opened the book to find that pamphlet on Revival. So that showed me that perhaps God meant for me to find it. This is what it says:

Confession of sin is necessary for fellowship with God and Revival. No matter what others do, or do not do, Christian, leave nothing undone on your part. God wants to work through you to bring about a great spiritual awakening. He can begin by your fulfilling every requirement shown by the Lord through the Holy Spirit and His Word. A revival from the presence of the Lord begins today, if you desire it.

1. Is there anyone against whom you hold a grudge?

2. Is there anything in which you have failed to put God first?

3. Have you failed to seek the lost for Christ?

4. Are you secretly pleased over the misfortunes of others?

5. Have you robbed God by withholding His due of time, talents, and money?

6. Are you undependable so that you cannot be trusted with responsibilities in the Lord's work?

7. Are you in any way careless with your body - the temple of the Holy Spirit?

8. Do you take the slightest credit for anything good about you rather than giving the glory to God?

9. Are you self-conscious rather than Christ-conscious? Do you allow feelings of inferiority to keep you from doing things for God?

10. Do you underpay? Have you been careless in the payment of your debts?

1. Do you complain or find fault or have a critical attitude?

12. Do you listen to unedifying radio or TV programs?

13. Have you neglected to thank Him for all things, the seemingly bad as well as good?

14. Are you taken up with the cares of this life?

15. Do you ever, by word or deed seek to hurt someone or gossip?

16. Have you neglected to seek to be pleasing to Him in all things? Do you carry any bitterness toward God?

17. Do you engage in empty and unprofitable conversation? Do you ever lie, exaggerate, cheat steal, or overcharge?

18. Do you have any personal habits that are not pure? Do you allow impure thoughts to stay in your mind? Do you indulge in any unclean entertainment?

19. Do you stay away from meetings of preaching the gospel? Do you whisper or think about other things while God's Word is being read or preached? Are you irregular in attendance?

20. Do you hesitate to submit to leaders in the church or elsewhere? Are you lazy or rebel? Do you have a stubborn or unteachable spirit?

21. Have you allowed yourself to become "spotted" by the world? Is your manner of dress pleasing to God?

22. Do you feel you are doing quite well as a Christian? That you are good enough?

23. Have you dishonored Him and hindered His work by criticizing His servants? Have you failed to pray regularly for your pastor or other spiritual leaders?

If you have been honest and true in the matter of admitting your sins, then you are ready for God's cleansing. Sins that are admitted are sins that are confessed.

1. If the sin is against God, confess it to God and make things right with God.

2. If the sin is against another person, confess it to God, and make the sin right with the other one.

3. If the sin is against a group, confess it to God and make it right to the group.

Pslam 19: 12 - "Who can understand his errors? Cleanse thou me from secret faults."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The above list is pretty stringent, but I wanted to see if others were willing to work through it and then pray for Revival. We've left a bad world to these next generations. We know the world is supposed to grow bad as "in the days of Noah" but maybe we can spark a Revival right here, right now.

Let's do it.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rather than go through a lengthy list of sins of which, if we are honest, and self-aware, that we know we are guilty of, wouldn't you rather commit yourself to, from now on, in truth, loving others?

By love serve one another.

Much love!

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rather than go through a lengthy list of sins of which, if we are honest, and self-aware, that we know we are guilty of, wouldn't you rather commit yourself to, from now on, in truth, loving others?

By love serve one another.

Much love!

I think that's a good point, but we also know that Scripture warns us that if we have any sin in our lives or heart, that God will not hear us. I actually worked through the list and it exposed some things in my heart that were wrong but that I had dismissed. So I think it is worthwhile to comb through our lives - not by being legalistic - but by really searching our hearts to see if there is anything that could possibly prevent us from having our prayers answered. You know that humans are remarkably well-equipped to "justify" the attitudes of our hearts - and these sins of the heart may very well be what prevents a Revival from happening - or personal prayers from being answered.

I'm really serious. I think that we should pray for Revival. This country is going down fast. I just read that a professor who accurately predicted other world events has predicted the collapse of America by 2020. So I think we need to get serious about Revival.

Reactions: Episkopos