If perfect, why did Adam sin?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RR144

Feb 12, 2019
INDIANA
www.kingdomherald.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From the Scriptural narrative of the creation of man, it is evident that God, the Creator, designed to have an intelligent creature made in His own likeness, with an individual will capable of deciding for good or evil. Man has the power of willing to do as he, himself desires. Had he been created otherwise he would not have been in the likeness of God, but a mere machine controlled and directed by the Divine will. We may reasonably suppose that Adam chose to disobey the Lord because of his love for Eve. She had been deceived by the Adversary, Satan, and had partaken of the forbidden fruit, the penalty for which was death. Adam, realizing that she must die, deliberately chose to share her fate, as life without her would not be worth living. We are distinctly told that Adam was not deceived (1 Tim. 2:14) and we could conceive of no other motive on the part of a perfect man in disobeying the Divine mandate, than that of love for his bride.

The first man Adam became a living soul (1 Cor. 15:45; Gen. 2:7), the last Adam (the Lord from heaven, 1 Cor. 15:47) at His resurrection became a life giving spirit also.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

why did Adam sin?​

“…Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.” (1 Timothy 2:14)

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From the Scriptural narrative of the creation of man, it is evident that God, the Creator, designed to have an intelligent creature made in His own likeness, with an individual will capable of deciding for good or evil. Man has the power of willing to do as he, himself desires. Had he been created otherwise he would not have been in the likeness of God, but a mere machine controlled and directed by the Divine will. We may reasonably suppose that Adam chose to disobey the Lord because of his love for Eve. She had been deceived by the Adversary, Satan, and had partaken of the forbidden fruit, the penalty for which was death. Adam, realizing that she must die, deliberately chose to share her fate, as life without her would not be worth living. We are distinctly told that Adam was not deceived (1 Tim. 2:14) and we could conceive of no other motive on the part of a perfect man in disobeying the Divine mandate, than that of love for his bride.

The first man Adam became a living soul (1 Cor. 15:45; Gen. 2:7), the last Adam (the Lord from heaven, 1 Cor. 15:47) at His resurrection became a life giving spirit also.
Interestingly RR, a brother stated in his talk once that with him being perfect he had to work against his natural inclination to sin, whereas we on the other hand have to work hard not to, strange turn of events resulting from that sin sir.

RR144

Feb 12, 2019
INDIANA
www.kingdomherald.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interestingly RR, a brother stated in his talk once that with him being perfect he had to work against his natural inclination to sin, whereas we on the other hand have to work hard not to, strange turn of events resulting from that sin sir.
Robert, I think it's safe to say, that despite his perfect nature, Adam as well as Eve were still childlike. After all Eve was perfect too and how could a perfect being be deceived?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Robert, I think it's safe to say, that despite his perfect nature, Adam as well as Eve were still childlike. After all Eve was perfect too and how could a perfect being be deceived?
I used to think that RR, but why would God not instill perfect knowledge into them since He made them in His image? It opens the way to blame God in reality, most of the time if you had two 5 yr olds with a table of candy but only one candy bar, and told them not to eat it, one would and blame the other. The kids fault or the parent?

God created the spirit realm with infinite intelligence, why would He do lesser when He created man in His image? Time will tell, but if He made them inferior, who is to blame?

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was God's plan and will for mankind to follow his own path so as to learn that the only sensible course is God's path, or so I believe. I think that is what our Earthly lesson is about.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
His wife was obviously a hottie I digress I’m just joking. However, she was more interesting than running to God and she did see the fruit as something that would make her wise so she thought it would be good to also bring it to her husband, where he could be wise.

It was his own lust that got him.
“James, of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ a servant, to the Twelve Tribes who are in the dispersion: Hail! All joy count [it], my brethren, when ye may fall into temptations manifold; knowing that the proof of your faith doth work endurance, and let the endurance have a perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire — in nothing lacking; and if any of you do lack wisdom, let him ask from God, who is giving to all liberally, and not reproaching, and it shall be given to him; and let him ask in faith, nothing doubting, for he who is doubting hath been like a wave of the sea, driven by wind and tossed, for let not that man suppose that he shall receive anything from the Lord — a two-souled man [is] unstable in all his ways. And let the brother who is low rejoice in his exaltation, and the rich in his becoming low, because as a flower of grass he shall pass away; for the sun did rise with the burning heat, and did wither the grass, and the flower of it fell, and the grace of its appearance did perish, so also the rich in his way shall fade away! Happy the man who doth endure temptation, because, becoming approved, he shall receive the crown of the life, which the Lord did promise to those loving Him. Let no one say, being tempted — ‘From God I am tempted,’ for God is not tempted of evil, and Himself doth tempt no one, and each one is tempted, by his own desires being led away and enticed, afterward the desire having conceived, doth give birth to sin, and the sin having been perfected, doth bring forth death. Be not led astray, my brethren beloved; every good giving, and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the lights, with whom is no variation, or shadow of turning; having counselled, He did beget us with a word of truth, for our being a certain firstfruit of His creatures. So then, my brethren beloved, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger, for the wrath of a man the righteousness of God doth not work; wherefore having put aside all filthiness and superabundance of evil, in meekness be receiving the engrafted word, that is able to save your souls; and become ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves, because, if any one is a hearer of the word and not a doer, this one hath been like to a man viewing his natural face in a mirror, for he did view himself, and hath gone away, and immediately he did forget of what kind he was; and he who did look into the perfect law — that of liberty, and did continue there, this one — not a forgetful hearer becoming, but a doer of work — this one shall be happy in his doing. If any one doth think to be religious among you, not bridling his tongue, but deceiving his heart, of this one vain [is] the religion; religion pure and undefiled with the God and Father is this, to look after orphans and widows in their tribulation — unspotted to keep himself from the world.”
‭‭James‬ ‭1‬:‭1‬-‭27‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, just asking. And telling you it’s our nature that lust and brings forth sin. God did have a plan set up, but I don’t believe it was God who set them up I believe it was their own desires, with also the help of Satan coming along, defying God himself.

That’s why there were three things done. The devil had been promised to have his head crushed in, childbearing would be worse, and Adam have to now work the land.

And as they had left the garden, they died spiritually that day, because they had no more connection with God at that point in such an intimate way.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, just asking. And telling you it’s our nature that lust and brings forth sin. God did have a plan set up, but I don’t believe it was God who set them up I believe it was their own desires, with also the help of Satan coming along, defying God himself.

That’s why there were three things done. The devil had been promised to have his head crushed in, childbearing would be worse, and Adam have to now work the land.

And as they had left the garden, they died spiritually that day, because they had no more connection with God at that point in such an intimate way.

My brother, none of that was a surprise to God because that was his plan, or so I believe. God doesn't get blindsided, or so I believe. God is the master craftsman, or so I believe.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My brother, none of that was a surprise to God because that was his plan, or so I believe. God doesn't get blindsided, or so I believe. God is the master craftsman, or so I believe.
I don’t believe God was surprised. In fact, I believe he stepped away, and thought of everything that could happen. If they disobeyed, he knew how he would handle it. He wouldn’t be shocked/surprised at that as he created them with the free will the choose.

That is why the three distinctions I gave earlier were mentioned before them.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If they disobeyed, he knew how he would handle it.

God knew before he created them as to what was going to happen. It's God's plan and his will that ALL will live in his kingdom. God created the perfect lesson plan for us by living in this world before moving on to his world.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God knew before he created them as to what was going to happen. It's God's plan and his will that ALL will live in his kingdom. God created the perfect lesson plan for us by living in this world before moving on to his world.
I don’t know. You can believe whatever you want. I’m going to choose to believe whatever I want and I don’t know when God’s thought process started and all I know is that he wanted to make human beings so he made human beings and they mucked up and he had to send his own word to correct everything that’s all I know.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My brother, I think God is beyond anything we can imagine. Trust God, he's in control and always has been. :)

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Adam wasn't perfect. Physically yes, but he didn't have knowledge of good and evil, therefore he wasn't wise, didn't have morality, something that takes many years to acquire. You cannot learn what morality is unless you are exposed to evil. Furthermore you cannot appreciate or know what good is either unless you experience it's opposite or are at least deprived of it. When we are deprived of good then we appreciate it when we receive it. We appreciate God and begin to understand and know His attributes. God did deprive them of what was good. They really didn't know what they had.
And we couldn't know what love is really unless we experience life as it is now, with evil. Likewise, we couldn't know mercy, forgiveness, faith, hope and life without death.The tree contained the knowledge of good and people miss that and God put it there. Satan was also allowed in this so called perfect Garden. Now how could it be perfect with Satan in there, whom God allowed to tempt them?
It was a perfect plan though. One cannot argue that God did not intend this to happen. He knew it would but there really was no other way.

Last edited:
Reactions: rwb and RR144

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
From the Scriptural narrative of the creation of man, [...] we could conceive of no other motive on the part of a perfect man in disobeying the Divine mandate, than that of love for his bride.
For Adam, God was no longer enough.

How can an infinite God not be enough? That's sin!

Reactions: Brakelite