If The Kingdom isn't here yet then what is JESUS CHRIST a King of?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If JESUS is going to go and prepare a place for us, why would The Kingdom remain here?

John 14:2-3
In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

People that overcome ...doesn't that mean now?

Revelation 3:12​
Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Is the Judgment by JESUS to end Jerusalem tell us that He is Reigning over The House of Jacob from Mount Zion (GOD'S Kingdom) as a King (Luke 19:41-44)? "and they shall not leave in thee one stone upon another; because thou knewest not the time of thy visitation."

If the Reborn are Kingdom Ambassadors, why are we waiting for a physical Kingdom like the Jews are? They are waiting for a Messianic Age, are we also or is LORD JESUS CHRIST Reigning right now?

Check out “amillennial eschatology”. What do people think is going on when they become Reborn? i’ll tell you, He becomes our KING.

Jews still haven’t figured out that GOD’S Kingdom isn’t physical. You become Reborn to enter it. You become Reborn for a Relationship with GOD.

very short video:

What Anointed King matches to the King in Psalm 72? What Jewish King asks for prayers continually besides the Ultimate King (Psa 72:15)? "prayer also shall be made for him continually; and daily shall he be praised."

Ruminator

Nov 11, 2021
Alabama
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@pittsburghjoe , as you have already realized, apparently, the Kingdom of God is one of the many metaphors for the New Covenant. The extinction of the Temple and the Sinai Covenant based Judean Theocracy was a VERY BIG DEAL. It was as if heaven and earth passed away:

[2 Corinthians 5:16-17 NASB20] (16) Therefore from now on we recognize no one by the flesh; even though we have known Christ by the flesh, yet now we know [Him in this way] no longer. (17) Therefore if anyone is in Christ, [this person is] a new creation; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.

In this New Creation, being ethnically Jewish means nothing:

[Galatians 3:23-29 NASB20] (23) But before faith came, we were kept in custody under the Law, being confined for the faith that was destined to be revealed. (24) Therefore the Law has become our guardian [to lead us] to Christ, so that we may be justified by faith. (25) But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian. (26) For you are all sons [and daughters] of God through faith in Christ Jesus. (27) For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. (28) There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. (29) And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's descendants, heirs according to promise.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 18:36-37
Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

Ruminator

Nov 11, 2021
Alabama
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "Kingdom of God" is one of MANY metaphors of the New Covenant. Others include:

* the True Vine and the Branches
* the Shepherd and the Sheep
* the New Adam and the New Eve
* the New Creation (2 Cor 5:16)
* the New Humanity (Eph 2:15)
* the New Jerusalem aka the City On a Hill
* etc.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 14:18-21,28
I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

John 14:22-23
Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 17:20-21

And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:

Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
via
Norine Williams

Jesus promised in Mark 9:1

“And He said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the Kingdom of God come (((WITH POWER”)))

His (((POWER))) we received after Holy Spirit baptism (Acts 1:5; 8) when the Kingdom of GOD (((CAME!)))

Who “set us in heavenly places in Christ Jesus” (Ephesians 2:6)

The Kingdom of God (((WITH POWER)))!

““But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the Kingdom of God is come upon you.” (Luke 11:20).

“For the Kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost. For he that in these things serveth Christ is acceptable to God, and approved of men. Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.” (Romans 14:17-19)!

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 11:17
Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned.

JESUS is already Reigning.

The seat of David was on Mount Zion. Mount Zion is GOD'S Kingdom.

The House of Jacob is Israel, JESUS Displayed that He is Reigning by Judging it.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being an Ambassador to The King means something right now.

Zechariah 8:3
Thus saith the LORD; I am returned unto Zion, and will dwell in the midst of Jerusalem: and Jerusalem shall be called a city of truth; and the mountain of the LORD of hosts the holy mountain.

Isaiah 16:5
And in mercy shall the throne be established: and he shall sit upon it in truth in the tabernacle of David, judging, and seeking judgment, and hasting righteousness.

Zechariah 9:9
Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where in scripture does it say New Jerusalem touches the ground?

Matthew 6:10 “Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.“
Is it future tense because you want it to be?

Reactions: Waiting on him

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ's Kingdom is one of Spirit, not flesh (Romans 14:17). Even in Luke 17:20-21, Jesus said the Kingdom of God is 'within you'...

20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
21 Neither shall they say, "Lo here!" or, "lo there!" for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

KJV

The Greek word for "within" is entos meaning 'inside' you. Say what?

This confuses many brethren when it shouldn't. It's because this is a matter of The Spirit, so those that dwell in a fleshy thinking cannot understand it. "Oh, I get it," some might say, "you mean it's just about religion and worship!?" No. It is a matter of The Spirit in a LITERAL SENSE.

How do I mean that, literal sense?

As we were shown in Genesis 18, and 19, the heavenly angelic state can live upon this material earth. Christ and two angels appeared to Abraham as "three men", and Abraham prepared food for them, and they did eat. Lord Jesus in His resurrected body suddenly appeared to His disciples in a closed off room, and did also eat what they gave Him, and He suddenly disappeared at table in their midst another time (John 20:19). Those manifestations show how the heavenly dimension and earthly dimension can co-exist together.

Thinking that Christ's Kingdom is only about us being translated to Heaven to live is about as far as most at the pulpit get, if even that far in today's confusion. There's more per God's Word though. The Kingdom being 'within' us per Lord Jesus is about God's Kingdom of The Spirit. When we worship in Church, we are to worship God in The Spirit, not upon religious icons which are a crutch (John 4:24). It is to be a connection between our spirit that's inside our flesh, with God's Spirit Who is in Heaven. And we do that through His Son Jesus Christ, our Mediator to The Father.

Revelation 21 and Ezekiel 48 reveals that God is coming back here to this earth, to live. Jerusalem is where He said He chose to dwell forever. So this earth dimension and the heavenly dimension can... co-exist in the same space and time. Those Genesis 18 & 19 events with Christ before He was born through woman and the two angels on earth proved that. This is how the Kingdom is 'within' is meant. It does not just mean it is dwelling inside our flesh right now (though it is with us in Spirit), but it also means God's Kingdom is going to LITERALLY be established UPON this earth in final. That means we do not go to Heaven to live; it means He is coming HERE ON EARTH to live, like Revelation 21 shows.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ's Kingdom is one of Spirit, not flesh (Romans 14:17). Even in Luke 17:20-21, Jesus said the Kingdom of God is 'within you'...

20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
21 Neither shall they say, "Lo here!" or, "lo there!" for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

KJV

The Greek word for "within" is entos meaning 'inside' you. Say what?

This confuses many brethren when it shouldn't. It's because this is a matter of The Spirit, so those that dwell in a fleshy thinking cannot understand it. "Oh, I get it," some might say, "you mean it's just about religion and worship!?" No. It is a matter of The Spirit in a LITERAL SENSE.

How do I mean that, literal sense?

As we were shown in Genesis 18, and 19, the heavenly angelic state can live upon this material earth. Christ and two angels appeared to Abraham as "three men", and Abraham prepared food for them, and they did eat. Lord Jesus in His resurrected body suddenly appeared to His disciples in a closed off room, and did also eat what they gave Him, and He suddenly disappeared at table in their midst another time (John 20:19). Those manifestations show how the heavenly dimension and earthly dimension can co-exist together.

Thinking that Christ's Kingdom is only about us being translated to Heaven to live is about as far as most at the pulpit get, if even that far in today's confusion. There's more per God's Word though. The Kingdom being 'within' us per Lord Jesus is about God's Kingdom of The Spirit. When we worship in Church, we are to worship God in The Spirit, not upon religious icons which are a crutch (John 4:24). It is to be a connection between our spirit that's inside our flesh, with God's Spirit Who is in Heaven. And we do that through His Son Jesus Christ, our Mediator to The Father.

Revelation 21 and Ezekiel 48 reveals that God is coming back here to this earth, to live. Jerusalem is where He said He chose to dwell forever. So this earth dimension and the heavenly dimension can... co-exist in the same space and time. Those Genesis 18 & 19 events with Christ before He was born through woman and the two angels on earth proved that. This is how the Kingdom is 'within' is meant. It does not just mean it is dwelling inside our flesh right now (though it is with us in Spirit), but it also means God's Kingdom is going to LITERALLY be established UPON this earth in final. That means we do not go to Heaven to live; it means He is coming HERE ON EARTH to live, like Revelation 21 shows.

You were doing great until the last paragraph. Please read the rest of the thread.

Matthew 3:1-3
In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea,
And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There was darkness before The Light.

Matthew 4:16-17
The people which sat in darkness saw great light; and to them which sat in the region and shadow of death light is sprung up.
From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where in scripture does it say New Jerusalem touches the ground?

Matthew 6:10 “Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.“
Is it future tense because you want it to be?

Here... is where it says that...

Rev 21:1-4
21 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
KJV

That answers your post #12 also.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being an Ambassador to The King means something right now.

Zechariah 8:3
Thus saith the LORD; I am returned unto Zion, and will dwell in the midst of Jerusalem: and Jerusalem shall be called a city of truth; and the mountain of the LORD of hosts the holy mountain.

Isaiah 16:5
And in mercy shall the throne be established: and he shall sit upon it in truth in the tabernacle of David, judging, and seeking judgment, and hasting righteousness.

Zechariah 9:9
Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.

What you're not understanding is that IF... this present world is already Christ's Kingdom having come, then WHY is God going to destroy this present world???

Like Apostle Peter said in 2 Peter 3, this present world is preserved unto destruction by God's consuming fire, on the day of the Lord!

Thus the REAL Kingdom is the one yet to come.

Who then... is trying to make this Present World into Christ's Kingdom? That's simple... Satan's host! They are prepared the whole world to worship the dragon once he is cast out of Heaven down to this earth in our near future, which is what the coming "great tribulation" will be about, i.e., Satan literally on earth working great signs and wonders to cause the deceived to worship him as God.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here... is where it says that...

Rev 21:1-4
21 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
KJV

That answers your post #12 also.

That doesn't say to the ground.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you're not understanding is that IF... this present world is already Christ's Kingdom having come, then WHY is God going to destroy this present world???

Like Apostle Peter said in 2 Peter 3, this present world is preserved unto destruction by God's consuming fire, on the day of the Lord!

Thus the REAL Kingdom is the one yet to come.

Who then... is trying to make this Present World into Christ's Kingdom? That's simple... Satan's host! They are prepared the whole world to worship the dragon once he is cast out of Heaven down to this earth in our near future, which is what the coming "great tribulation" will be about, i.e., Satan literally on earth working great signs and wonders to cause the deceived to worship him as God.

i know it looks bad, but the test continues to see if we can attempt a personal relationship with GOD. this place is horrible because we live somewhere that allows sin to happen. it’s what we get as humans for wanting to make our own plans.

Don’t be blind to the many Judgments GOD has already submitted onto mankind while He is Reigning.

You and i both know "flames" are not always what we think they are in scripture.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i know it looks bad, but the test continues to see if we can attempt a personal relationship with GOD. this place is horrible because we live somewhere that allows sin to happen. it’s what we get as humans for wanting to make our own plans.

Don’t be blind to the many Judgments GOD has already submitted onto mankind while He is Reigning.

You and i both know "flames" are not always what we think they are in scripture.

Thing is, Christ is NOT reigning over all nations with His promised "rod of iron" yet. That is not to happen until He returns and hands out His rewards to His faithful, and His judgments upon the wicked.

What happened at His 1st coming was to die on the cross for the remission of the sins of those who believe on Him, not to save this present world. This present world is destined to be destroyed, as I showed from God's Word. And per Peter we are not... to put our faith in this present world, but look for the world to come in Christ Jesus.

Those of this world trying to setup the endtime beast one-world kingdom are NOT God's servants. They are working for the devil who has been given control over this present world (Luke 4). That's why those falsely believe this present world is Christ's eternal Kingdom, when it is not. His Kingdom today is not... of the physical, but of The Spirit. Only at His future return... will His Kingdom be setup on this earth in the physical.

2 Peter 3:10-13
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

13 Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
KJV

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thing is, Christ is NOT reigning over all nations with His promised "rod of iron" yet. That is not to happen until He returns and hands out His rewards to His faithful, and His judgments upon the wicked.

What happened at His 1st coming was to die on the cross for the remission of the sins of those who believe on Him, not to save this present world. This present world is destined to be destroyed, as I showed from God's Word. And per Peter we are not... to put our faith in this present world, but look for the world to come in Christ Jesus.

Those of this world trying to setup the endtime beast one-world kingdom are NOT God's servants. They are working for the devil who has been given control over this present world (Luke 4). That's why those falsely believe this present world is Christ's eternal Kingdom, when it is not. His Kingdom today is not... of the physical, but of The Spirit. Only at His future return... will His Kingdom be setup on this earth in the physical.

2 Peter 3:10-13
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

13 Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
KJV

There is going to be a Return, i’m saying the Kingdom is already here. It actually means something to say you are an Ambassador to The KING …right now. i think the next thing to happen is the battle of gog and magog.

JESUS prepared a place for us ...not here.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There is going to be a Return, i’m saying the Kingdom is already here. It actually means something to say you are an Ambassador to The KING …right now. i think the next thing to happen is the battle of gog and magog.

JESUS prepared a place for us ...not here.
The Kingdom has begun 2000 years ago and people have been saved from that time on.
They who truly got born again are in the Kingdom of God, but we are sent back amongst the wolves of this world, but we are not of this world, as we are not under delusions or deceptions of this world.
Remember Nathaniel, what was it that Jesus said Nathaniel was and to him as to what would he would see.