If We Protestants Truly Hated Catholics...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As Biblical Protestants who hold the authority of Scripture as paramount, unparalleled, and the sole bond of union, it is our hatred of unBiblical, blasphemous, God-dishonoring Catholic doctrines that Catholic apologists mistake as hatred of Catholics.

If we Protestants truly hated Catholics, our pity for their ignorance of Jesus' invitation to approach Him directly without a single mediator would be turned to satisfaction.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If we protestants hate Catholics we are in big big trouble.

The command of our Lord is to LOVE.

1 John 3:15 King James Version (KJV)

15 "Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him. "

That says it all.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
As Biblical Protestants who hold the authority of Scripture as paramount, unparalleled, and the sole bond of union,

Correction.... You hold YOUR interpretation of Scipture as the paramount authority... And if it disagrees with your pastor or overseer, then THEY are wrong and you take upon yourself the authority to begin your new splinter sect...

Peace!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All of those who are without sin among us may if they wish continue with this, but as for the rest consider:

"Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?
This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.
So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her." John 8:5-7

Reactions: Helen

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well ! I was brought up Catholic ! And stayed that way till my 50's.....

When our children tried different church's

I must tell you all the time I felt like if I was not going to confession regular I was
going to hell.......... And I had always felt like I would be going to hell.

We were never told to get or use a bible........ It was our prayer book and rosary only.
[ As I talk to Catholic people now it sounds like it is way different! I pray it is ]

After our children got us to go to a bible church I and my husband got saved...
And he is in heaven all ready...... and I sure want to go and join him now !

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correction.... You hold YOUR interpretation of Scipture as the paramount authority... And if it disagrees with your pastor or overseer, then THEY are wrong and you take upon yourself the authority to begin your new splinter sect...

Peace!
That's not saying much if the interpreter of Scripture is the Holy Spirit. My point is that the Bible alone - and not tradition, words "ex cathedra", or Papal bulls and decretals - is what Protestants hold as unparalleled authority over ecclesiastical matters...and secular matters as well.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I must tell you all the time I felt like if I was not going to confession regular I was
going to hell.......... And I had always felt like I would be going to hell.

We were never told to get or use a bible........ It was our prayer book and rosary only.
[ As I talk to Catholic people now it sounds like it is way different! I pray it is ]

"Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God" - Romans 10:17 KJV
I'm glad that many Catholics chose to take hold of the Bible despite the RCC's prohibitions. Why would anyone think it reasonable to deny access to that which faith is derived and cultivated?

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That's not saying much if the interpreter of Scripture is the Holy Spirit.

Are you saying the Holy Spirit interprets Scriptire differently for YOU than for your brethren over the last 2000 years?

The tradition of the apostles provides the correct lens through which the Spirit guides us...

It is the Church that brought forth and affirmed what was NT scripture, scripture did not bring forth the Church.

Peace!

Reactions: Marymog

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is so much to learn by reading the bible....... it would have been nice if I did.
My parents came over from ? Poland, Germany or Russia ? I have no idea.
So they did not read or understand the English language for years.....
I do not know if they are saved ?

Reactions: Nancy

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As Biblical Protestants who hold the authority of Scripture as paramount, unparalleled, and the sole bond of union, it is our hatred of unBiblical, blasphemous, God-dishonoring Catholic doctrines that Catholic apologists mistake as hatred of Catholics.

If we Protestants truly hated Catholics, our pity for their ignorance of Jesus' invitation to approach Him directly without a single mediator would be turned to satisfaction.
Hi,

Are you suggesting the Catholic Church doesn’t “hold the authority of Scripture as paramount...”?

How did the men of the Catholic Church (singular) interpret Scripture wrong and the men of the Protestant Churches (plural) interpret scripture correctly? Was it the same Holy Spirit guiding them or different ones? Why do the men of the Protestant Churches all disagree with each other interpretations if they are all being guided by the Holy Spirit???

Curious Mary

Reactions: GodsGrace

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you saying the Holy Spirit interprets Scriptire differently for YOU than for your brethren over the last 2000 years?

The tradition of the apostles provides the correct lens through which the Spirit guides us...

It is the Church that brought forth and affirmed what was NT scripture, scripture did not bring forth the Church.

Peace!
The church are the people of God.
the Scripture, giving us the Gospel, certainly does bring forth the church.
That big building with all the statues and stained glass windows is not the church.
And it did not affirm the Scriptures, rather the Scriptures affirm it is not the church., but is a building of the world.

Reactions: Phoneman777

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi,

Are you suggesting the Catholic Church doesn’t “hold the authority of Scripture as paramount...”?

How did the men of the Catholic Church (singular) interpret Scripture wrong and the men of the Protestant Churches (plural) interpret scripture correctly? Was it the same Holy Spirit guiding them or different ones? Why do the men of the Protestant Churches all disagree with each other interpretations if they are all being guided by the Holy Spirit???

Curious Mary
Your response here is an attack on protestants.
That does nothing to promote the catholic church.
You should try a different approach.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I must tell you all the time I felt like if I was not going to confession regular I was going to hell.......... And I had always felt like I would be going to hell.

That's because you and your husband were ignorant Catholics and raised ignorant Catholic Children who felt the need to go elsewhere because of you lack of spiritual leadership.

Stop blaming the Church for your ignorance and spiritual laziness . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I don't think that Catholics as a whole believe that Protestant "hate" us.
It's only the "anti-Catholic" variety of Protestants who do - and there are PLENTY of them on this forum

What is the difference between a Protestant and an anti-Catholic Protestant??
A Protestant Christian is one who practices his Christian faith apart from the Catholic Church and doesn't agree with some Catholic doctrine.

An anti-Catholic Protestant is one who practices his faith apart from the Catholic Church - but also feels the need to LIE about what the Catholic Church teaches. They propagate myths and fairy tales about Catholics and are usually historical revisionists.

BIG difference . . .

Reactions: GodsGrace and Helen

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's because you and your husband were ignorant Catholics and raised ignorant Catholic Children who felt the need to go elsewhere because of you lack of spiritual leadership.

Stop blaming the Church for your ignorance and spiritual laziness . . .
How cruel.
There is nothing Christian in your response, just more hatred that spews out of you daily.

Reactions: GodsGrace and Nancy

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think that Catholics as a whole believe that Protestant "hate" us.
It's only the "anti-Catholic" variety of Protestants who do - and there are PLENTY of them on this forum

What is the difference between a Protestant and an anti-Catholic Protestant??
A Protestant Christian is one who practices his Christian faith apart from the Catholic Church and doesn't agree with some Catholic doctrine.

An anti-Catholic Protestant is one who practices his faith apart from the Catholic Church - but also feels the need to LIE about what the Catholic Church teaches. They propagate myths and fairy tales about Catholics and are usually historical revisionists.

BIG difference . . .
Why do you always talk about hate?
Is there no love in you?

Reactions: GodsGrace and Nancy

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How cruel.
There is nothing Christian in your response, just more hatred that spews out of you daily.
On the contrary - my advice to Grams was out of pure charity.
Blaming others for HER failures and shortcomings is what is "cruel" - and sinful . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you always talk about hate?
Is there no love in you?
Probably because of hateful and moronic posts like yours.

Hate exists and it's pretty immature and dishonest to pretend that it doesn't - especially when it's people like YOU who are spreading it . . .

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can speak for her parents a 100 years ago?
It's the garbage coming out of the romanists that created the whole problem.
Or do you think they were holy taking what little money they had to help them get out of purgatory/
Oh, by the way, You have your user name listed as BreadofLife.
You spelled it wrong.
It's really "Breadman".

Reactions: Nancy

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can speak for her parents a 100 years ago?
It's the garbage coming out of the romanists that created the whole problem.
Or do you think they were holy taking what little money they had to help them get out of purgatory/

Oh, by the way, You have your user name listed as BreadofLife.
You spelled it wrong.
It's really "Breadman".
Thanks for once again proving my point Rollo.
The terms "garbage" and "Romanists" show a deep contempt and hatred for the Catholic Church.

As for your idiotic comment about paying to get out of Purgatory - that is one of the moronic "Lies" I was referring to that anti-Catholics make on a regular basis.

Congratulations on exposing yourself.
You make my job her soooooooo easy . . .