If you can make yourself right with God, Why haven't you already?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today in this life, do you believe you can live a complete and holy life before God?

Did you know that this would have to start at birth - that means you would have been a completely perfect child in every single way shape or fashion, always doing what you were told to do and never once rebelling against your Parents.

Where you this child? Perfect in every single way? Have you ever seen how two year olds act especially when they do not get their way? Most parents handle these situations, but you as a two year old are acting outrageous for not getting their way.

One of the commandments in the law of Moses was this:

• Exodus 20:12 “Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the LORD your God is giving you.
The first thing to note here, this LAW - while it is good to learn from - not applicable to us today but can be learned from - suggest that one is to Honor your father and your mother.

Have you ever once dishonored your father or mother? As a young child I assuredly had behind her back calling her a "b-word" or going in a closet and flipping the bird in the big "F-You" mom because of not getting my own way.

Just one law, here introduces us to what sin is. Can you go back and honor your father and mother after doing what you have done? Sure, but does that really cut the cord to the first time you dishonored them? No. In fact it doesn't erase what God seen you do, because He knows every thing you have done since the time you were born.

What is amazing though here, is God's foreknowledge. He knew that people were going to rebel, even Adam and Eve, and because of this: He also foreknew he would have to send His Word down from above.

• John 8: 23 Then He told them, “You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. 24 That is why I told you that you would die in your sins. For unless you believe that I am He, you will die in your sins.”
This is where Jesus comes in and stated to the Jews which was his purpose for coming, to the lost sheep of Israel. He was from above meaning he came down from heaven, and he was sent by God.

• Matthew 15:24 He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.”
Aside from this the question is.

If you can make yourself right before God, why haven't you already?

God sent His Word - whom became flesh, and because of the life that he lived, which was perfect since being a child, through teenage years, through learning and growing in stature with God and Men, (Luke 2:52).

He died on the cross, for the payment of all sins, all of your sins you have committed in and through your entire life!

• 1 John 2:2 He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world.
Because of this, you have the option to grow as a new born from above as a Child of God, when you believe on the death, burial and resurrection of Christ. We receive the Holy Spirit from Jesus when we believe on him.

• John 14:25 “All this I have spoken while still with you. 26 But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. 27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

• John 1:12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God—

• Romans 8:14 For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God.

So at the end of the day, are you able to make yourself right with God? The answer is no, but is there a way to be made right with Him? The answer is yes, and just to be clear it is a life changing experience when one comes to the truth that they themselves can not make themselves right with God and they allow Jesus to be that truth who makes you right with God because of his righteousness.

• Peace and Hope
  • Romans 5
  • 1 Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God. 3 Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4 perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5 And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.
  • John 1:17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
In this scripture above you can see from Romans 1-4; Paul comes into now, therefore since everything previously stated - a person is only justified by faith.

It is not by - doing - such as you need and must do this to be made right with God.

It is by faith, which is a gift from you believing, and that is how we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ - and it is by faith we have access to our Father and to have peace with God now - and it is not about doing - it is about total and complete faith in the Lord - in which whom gives you Holy Spirit to live by, God's Holy Spirit lives with-in you, also the Spirit of Christ lives in you to!

• Ephesians 2:8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—

This is the boast in the hope of the glory of God -> Jesus He is the glory of God!

The thing is, through our life, in our sufferings we go through in this life by this flesh and letting it die and becoming dead to sin, we continue to persevere, which builds character, and as we continue to hope that God will continue to help us by the Holy Spirit, to have love for God and love for man -> this hope does not put us to shame!

Because God's love is poured out into your hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to you now today through faith and believing in the Lord Jesus Christ - who fulfilled all of the laws, and the only two commandments we are to live by, is believe on God and the son whom He had sent, and to love each other.

• 1 John 3:23 And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us.

May this be encouraging to you and your individual life as you continue to have faith being justified by God through the Lord Jesus Christ.

Last edited:
Reactions: Charlie24

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Robert Gwin for you, please read all of it, it is hard for me to discuss some things with other people from different "organizations" the reason being is that many have their own mindset stuck at what they believe because they are hard pressed to believe the whole group - than to think for themselves, and in that if one was to leave that organization they would of course be alone and possibly cut off from others and that indeed is sad in its own right. There many Mormons that tend to experience this, or any type of Religion perhaps even Christian circles. Personally I am not to much a part of any organization, and am simply an individual who has faith, and continue to allow God to work in and through me by the holy spirit to love God first above ALL things - and to Love Others as Jesus had gave commandment.

Love to you brother, and please take time to read it all and consider it; it was made with you in mind and you can disagree or simply reject it whatever happens may the Holy Spirit of God guide who lives in you because of your faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, whom God rose again.

Reactions: Zao is life

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@amadeus would like to hear some of your thoughts and insights on the shared information.

A huge thank you for all people who have considered, or read any of this information and the point is for it to be an edifying message for the benefit of you, the reader, to help you in your faith and to focus on the King!

God bless to all people, no matter where you are at in your life, remember that God is a provider of our spiritual needs, and we can have peace while we traverse in a world full of problems, and to give comfort to others by sharing the Gospel of Christ which is life changing!

Reactions: amadeus

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Robert Gwin for you, please read all of it, it is hard for me to discuss some things with other people from different "organizations" the reason being is that many have their own mindset stuck at what they believe because they are hard pressed to believe the whole group - than to think for themselves, and in that if one was to leave that organization they would of course be alone and possibly cut off from others and that indeed is sad in its own right. There many Mormons that tend to experience this, or any type of Religion perhaps even Christian circles. Personally I am not to much a part of any organization, and am simply an individual who has faith, and continue to allow God to work in and through me by the holy spirit to love God first above ALL things - and to Love Others as Jesus had gave commandment.

Love to you brother, and please take time to read it all and consider it; it was made with you in mind and you can disagree or simply reject it whatever happens may the Holy Spirit of God guide who lives in you because of your faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, whom God rose again.

Hi Matt, the holy spirit does play a large role in Christians lives. God uses holy spirit to reveal His word, He uses it to keep every single breathing creature alive, He uses it to recall words you have learned, or to give you words when needed. His Holy Ruach has been used in many ways throughout history, even in the creation of the world.

God is organized, and with the first covenant had a nation of people. Under the new covenant given through Jesus, people of all nations are invited to join with His covenanted people. They are being gathered right now, during these last days of this system, coming to God's holy mountain, His house to be instructed about His ways, and those who accept it, walk in His paths:
(Isaiah 2:2, 3) 2 In the final part of the days, The mountain of the house of Jehovah Will become firmly established above the top of the mountains, And it will be raised up above the hills, And to it all the nations will stream. 3 And many peoples will go and say: “Come, let us go up to the mountain of Jehovah, To the house of the God of Jacob. He will instruct us about his ways, And we will walk in his paths.” For law will go out of Zion, And the word of Jehovah out of Jerusalem.

It is imperative we understand the prophecy in Zech 8:23 Matt, as it is being fulfilled right now. Are you ready now to discuss the identification of His people sir? Isa 2:2-4 give at least 3 identifiers, are you able to pick them out of those verses Matt?

Reactions: ChristisGod

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No I’m not Robert, thank you anyway.
You can share with me though if you want, as I believe the spiritual kingdom of God is already established and it will never cease to increase and people enter in by faith, in the death, burial and resurrection of the Lord. I personally believe all of prophecy has been fulfilled in Christ Jesus. That’s probably odd and bears a lot of questions for many.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Matt, the holy spirit does play a large role in Christians lives. God uses holy spirit to reveal His word, He uses it to keep every single breathing creature alive, He uses it to recall words you have learned, or to give you words when needed. His Holy Ruach has been used in many ways throughout history, even in the creation of the world.

God is organized, and with the first covenant had a nation of people. Under the new covenant given through Jesus, people of all nations are invited to join with His covenanted people. They are being gathered right now, during these last days of this system, coming to God's holy mountain, His house to be instructed about His ways, and those who accept it, walk in His paths:
(Isaiah 2:2, 3) 2 In the final part of the days, The mountain of the house of Jehovah Will become firmly established above the top of the mountains, And it will be raised up above the hills, And to it all the nations will stream. 3 And many peoples will go and say: “Come, let us go up to the mountain of Jehovah, To the house of the God of Jacob. He will instruct us about his ways, And we will walk in his paths.” For law will go out of Zion, And the word of Jehovah out of Jerusalem.

It is imperative we understand the prophecy in Zech 8:23 Matt, as it is being fulfilled right now. Are you ready now to discuss the identification of His people sir? Isa 2:2-4 give at least 3 identifiers, are you able to pick them out of those verses Matt?
Who would of guessed we are living in the new heavens and new earth where God rules in Righteousness and there is no longer any sin, death or evil.

But this is what we get with this false teaching he is promoting from his mentor shawn boy the ex-mormon.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a difference between the physical earth, if one is looking for it to change it wont. It will remain the same however because of Christ and his finished work, God through Christ has reconciled the world back to himself.

This is so that all now have the ability to be called by the spirit to God.

Once they receive the spirit, they become part of the spiritual kingdom of God, where their lives change from being in bondage to sin and death, and where the righteousness of the Lord makes us have the ability to have peace with God by and through Faith that is a gift.

This world still continues to have people of light and people of darkness with in it, and all people make their own freewill choices, the world only supplies the lust of the eyes, the lust of the flesh, and the pride of life.

Where by and through the spirit, one learns and grows and starts to die to this world, longing for the next phase which would be the spiritual aspect of the heavenly Kingdom of Jerusalem above.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who would of guessed we are living in the new heavens and new earth where God rules in Righteousness and there is no longer any sin, death or evil.

But this is what we get with this false teaching he is promoting from his mentor shawn boy the ex-mormon.

The new heavens are here Chris, satan and the demons have been cast to the earth, never again having access to the heavens, but the new earth is not here yet, next step is satan being removed from it, but he is to be released after a 1k yr abyss. After he is permanently destroyed, then the new earth will be fully established sir.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for all who decide to share and post.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today in this life, do you believe you can live a complete and holy life before God?

Did you know that this would have to start at birth - that means you would have been a completely perfect child in every single way shape or fashion, always doing what you were told to do and never once rebelling against your Parents.

Where you this child? Perfect in every single way? Have you ever seen how two year olds act especially when they do not get their way? Most parents handle these situations, but you as a two year old are acting outrageous for not getting their way.

One of the commandments in the law of Moses was this:

• Exodus 20:12 “Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the LORD your God is giving you.
The first thing to note here, this LAW - while it is good to learn from - not applicable to us today but can be learned from - suggest that one is to Honor your father and your mother.

Have you ever once dishonored your father or mother? As a young child I assuredly had behind her back calling her a "b-word" or going in a closet and flipping the bird in the big "F-You" mom because of not getting my own way.

Just one law, here introduces us to what sin is. Can you go back and honor your father and mother after doing what you have done? Sure, but does that really cut the cord to the first time you dishonored them? No. In fact it doesn't erase what God seen you do, because He knows every thing you have done since the time you were born.

What is amazing though here, is God's foreknowledge. He knew that people were going to rebel, even Adam and Eve, and because of this: He also foreknew he would have to send His Word down from above.

• John 8: 23 Then He told them, “You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. 24 That is why I told you that you would die in your sins. For unless you believe that I am He, you will die in your sins.”
This is where Jesus comes in and stated to the Jews which was his purpose for coming, to the lost sheep of Israel. He was from above meaning he came down from heaven, and he was sent by God.

• Matthew 15:24 He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.”
Aside from this the question is.

If you can make yourself right before God, why haven't you already?

God sent His Word - whom became flesh, and because of the life that he lived, which was perfect since being a child, through teenage years, through learning and growing in stature with God and Men, (Luke 2:52).

He died on the cross, for the payment of all sins, all of your sins you have committed in and through your entire life!

• 1 John 2:2 He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world.
Because of this, you have the option to grow as a new born from above as a Child of God, when you believe on the death, burial and resurrection of Christ. We receive the Holy Spirit from Jesus when we believe on him.

• John 14:25 “All this I have spoken while still with you. 26 But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. 27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

• John 1:12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God—

• Romans 8:14 For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God.

So at the end of the day, are you able to make yourself right with God? The answer is no, but is there a way to be made right with Him? The answer is yes, and just to be clear it is a life changing experience when one comes to the truth that they themselves can not make themselves right with God and they allow Jesus to be that truth who makes you right with God because of his righteousness.

• Peace and Hope
  • Romans 5
  • 1 Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God. 3 Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4 perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5 And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.
  • John 1:17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
In this scripture above you can see from Romans 1-4; Paul comes into now, therefore since everything previously stated - a person is only justified by faith.

It is not by - doing - such as you need and must do this to be made right with God.

It is by faith, which is a gift from you believing, and that is how we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ - and it is by faith we have access to our Father and to have peace with God now - and it is not about doing - it is about total and complete faith in the Lord - in which whom gives you Holy Spirit to live by, God's Holy Spirit lives with-in you, also the Spirit of Christ lives in you to!

• Ephesians 2:8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—

This is the boast in the hope of the glory of God -> Jesus He is the glory of God!

The thing is, through our life, in our sufferings we go through in this life by this flesh and letting it die and becoming dead to sin, we continue to persevere, which builds character, and as we continue to hope that God will continue to help us by the Holy Spirit, to have love for God and love for man -> this hope does not put us to shame!

Because God's love is poured out into your hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to you now today through faith and believing in the Lord Jesus Christ - who fulfilled all of the laws, and the only two commandments we are to live by, is believe on God and the son whom He had sent, and to love each other.

• 1 John 3:23 And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us.

May this be encouraging to you and your individual life as you continue to have faith being justified by God through the Lord Jesus Christ.
I’m sorry Matthew , you’re a nice guy and everything I just don’t wanna read all of it (did take a glance).

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I have my own forum now and on there most of the time. Several people here are over there too. I still post on other forums too.