If you could, would you want a do-over?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are all in different places in our walks with Christ. Some old, some new. But, looking back on your life, what would you change? Would you change anything at all? Would you want a do-over?

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Born_Again

There are many, many things I would change. Too long to list. They all have to do with my relationship to Christ. Spend more time with Him. Not give in to the sin which so easily besets. To not wander away at times. Because all of these affect not only me but others and family.

Stranger

Reactions: Born_Again

7angels

Aug 13, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that depends upon if we would remember the events of our past life if we start over. for one there are some traumas i would like to avoid and also there are some lottos i would like to win. school would be a breeze and i could pay less attention in class or even skip if i tried homeschooling and maybe i would of graduated school at an elementary age. that gives me an additional 10 years to spend how i decide. if i knew then what i know now about God then boy would i have fun. i could just keep listing things.

but if i could not remember then there is no real reason to redo if i did not know to change anything.

God bless

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Born_Again said:
We are all in different places in our walks with Christ. Some old, some new. But, looking back on your life, what would you change? Would you change anything at all? Would you want a do-over?
Nope and here's the simple, bottom line reason why:

(Romans 5:12) "Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:"
To God, who knows the end of all things from the beginning, it won't matter how many times we restart our lives because God already knows we will sin no matter what. Some ask the same question about Adam and Eve. They ask; Why didn't God just start over with a different Adam and Eve if he already knew they were going to eat of the tree of good and evil? To answer this question, I always bring up the case of what occurs at the end of the millennial reign. It didn't matter that the nations of the world saw God sitting right in front of them for one-thousand years, Satan, in all of his guile, STILL found a way to convince them all to unite in an effort to take the city. Would a do over matter at that point for all those concerned? NO. Iniquity didn't start with Adam or anyone else, it started with Satan. As long as Satan is allowed to run rampant on the world, a do-over won't matter, because whatever problem you may have encountered in the past pales in comparison to the adversary who is THE problem. The real "do-over", or regeneration will come on the day of the Lord when we are redeemed and given our incorruptible bodies.

(Ezekiel 28:13-17) "Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created. {14} Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. {15} Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee. {16} By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire. {17} Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee."

Wormwood

Chaps
Apr 9, 2013
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I could know what I know now? Of course I would want a do-over. Not as a replacement for grace, but simply to make the most of opportunities I let slip and to avoid foolish decisions.

Reactions: Born_Again

da_man1974

May 2, 2017
I would want a mulligan on many things. Like going to church more when I was in my teens and twenties

Aug 11, 2015
Faith
Country
Canada
If we believe God is omniscient and omnipotent and therefore never has a new thought what is to do over?
It is not a matter of us doing better or worse.
I believe He does all things to His honor and glory.
I'm just so glad to be a part of it and I believe we haven't even scratched the surface of it with our imagination.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would I change things? Yes. But I would rather continue on with regrets than have a do-over...because we are not allotted more of what we desire, nor less regret, but are allotted once (to die). This is it. One groundhog day life is enough :D