If you donate with ego and for fame, your donation loses its basic value

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dattaswami8

Jun 10, 2017
Mumabi
Faith
Christian
Country
India

Language in which you pray is not at all important. God knows all the languages of this world

While doing sacrifice(donation) to God, your angle of attitude or behavior or quality is also very important. A poor man may sacrifice one rupee (1$) only and a rich man may sacrifice hundred rupees(100$), the sacrifice will have value only when it is associated with good qualities like fear, humility etc. You should feel fear and shy that you have become the donor (hriyaa deyam, bhiyaa deyam… Veda). You may be rich or poor, but, if you donate with ego and for fame, your donation loses its basic value also. It is the quality of Sattvam if you donate secretly with fear and shy. It is the quality of Rajas if you donate with ego and for fame. It is the quality of Tamas if you donate without any feeling. The example for Tamas is an inert cloud raining on the Shiva Linga (statute) without any feeling for which there is no fruit for bathing the statute of Lord.

Language in which you pray is not at all important. God knows all the languages of this world. Some people in Hinduism feel that praying in Sanskrit Language is great. Such feeling is totally wrong because God knows all the languages. God gives more importance to your feeling, which is the meaning of your prayer. Practical sacrifice is more important than the feeling. Even in the practical sacrifice, if you do not have desire for any fruit in return, God gives top most importance to this point of climax of devotion! If you pray God in a language, which is not known to you, God will treat you as the biggest fool. If you pray God with very good feelings without any practical sacrifice, God will treat you as a prostitute, who collects money for expressing false feelings of love. If you sacrifice practically with good feeling for some benefit in return, God will treat you as a merchant, who exchanges the items for cash. If you sacrifice practically with very pure theoretical devotion without expecting anything in return, God will be extremely pleased with you since you have shown at least the real love that is shown to your issues. These four types of worship are in the ascending order of merit from beginning to last.

Serve God without expecting anything in return from Him

I am fed up with your false love to Me, which is either love of prostitute (veshyaa bhakti) by aspiring practical fruit (reward) from Me for your sacrifice of sweet theoretical devotion (prayers and songs) or deal of merchant (vyshya bhakti) by aspiring practical fruit from Me for your practical sacrifice of work or fruit of work. You have ocean of real love (both theoretical and practical) towards your issues, which is the result of pure theoretical love i.e., sacrifice of work and its fruit without aspiring anything in return. Sacrifice at least a drop from that ocean to Me as humble beginning to prove that I am at least a small trace before your issues(children)! In view of this truth, don’t speak lies by reciting prayers meaning that I am above everybody and everything!

Even if you sing on God with very sweet voice, God is not pleased if you are aspiring for some fruit in return. Even if you sing with very harsh voice, if your song has no background of any aspiration in return, God is highly pleased. Your intension is important and not the merit of the mode of worship.